Thread: Participative AAR Modding suggestions.

StealthEvo's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Participative AAR Modding suggestions.

At present I am currently planning a Participative AAR based around FA;TW (The Re-united Kingdom) for those not familar it's like a choose your own adventure story.

In premise the narrator or AARtist depending how arrogent they are assume the aforementioned role and manage the passing of turns, the implementation of passed proposals from the players and generally manages the game.

The players in the most democratic manner possible at the time make proposals. Such as Recruit y and then the others can support or disagree with the proposals and what not.

It's fairly self explanitory. It's all about political infighting and what not when the going gets tough.

House rules and other minor things i'm ironing out myself.

However. Why I came to you gaiz. Is because to implement these house rules (such as unrest if the Line of Kings fails again and the Line of Stewards also fails to represent the general confusion and issues relating to an usurper. These will all be run trait side. Following a series of Faction leader traits. I have also taken steps to increase Hurin and Galdor membership in the family tree by entrance through the daughter side. Once criteron have been met. Another random percent check will be taken before the House Trait is confirm for the potential Husband. Simple stuff.

My question is barring will you join in. Do you have any idea's you would like to see implemented. Traitside/ancillaryside anything else you think I might be able to whip up.

This is by no means a submod. This is to enchance the Participative AARand thus effect the house rules slightly.

Please suggest demand or even create.

Also to intice you. My mad skills have produced the following.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default Re: Participative AAR Modding suggestions.

Nope.

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Perhaps give all factions the ability to train orcs in Mordor and maybe put a limit on the size of your army.
    Last edited by Pinkie Pie; August 21, 2011 at 03:42 PM.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Make RK militia a little bit worse if possible. Not huge but make them more expensive of merf their stats, because we could probably just build armies of them and win easily

The tale of Legio IV Flavia Felix: After cowardice during the Revolt of 69-70 AD the IV Macedonian was reconstituted and renamed IV Flavia Felix, or "lucky legion" signifying its luck at not being dishonorably disbanded.

I'm thinking of bumping up the difficulty to hard regardless. It'll make Harad's troops at least comparable to Rk's troops especially mid game. Adunabar will simply be a mission Also it'll force a proper garrison against Dunland rather then just militia spam.

If you want to make it more challenging then limit yourself to 1 stack of units for attacking and 3 defensive units in each settlement.
    This way you wil have to rush your only army all around your borders to stop attacks.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"

Nah, that goes against the whole point of a participative AAR. I'm coming up with some House Rules that limit the whole lets do a census, lets raise X Y and Z taxes.

Ie. To perform a census a Diplomat has to enter each town (multiple towns per turn obviously) so that add's a lack of time issue and considering how paced the opening moves are for Rk it'll be a kick once they realize that faffing around in the opening moves of a civil war is not smart.

Plus i've come up with a way to reform the whole Propose, Agree, Disagree system that forces them to stab themselves in the back (in character)

Well you could always finish your other AAR's

I have the screenshots taken for the next updates already. It takes time to commentate