Thread: Barracks

Default Barracks

Ok im playing as Sparta, and ive managed to capture the 3 towns nearest to me. However ive noticed that none of the 3 towns every give me the option to build a barracks and the only town I can recruit soldiers from is Sparta itself. Is this normal? Or am I doing something wrong?

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Default Re: Barracks

^you first need to build a government. Sparta's government type is Oligarchy. To build the first level of the Oligarchic government in a settlement, an Oligarchist's gathering needs to be spawned. This is done by moving an Oligarchic family member into a settlement and keeping him there for a turn. The next turn, you can build a government building

Y'know, when you look at the extended building browser, you can actually see the requirements for a barracks?

Ok thanks, but unfortanately I still need more help. I double checked on the city of elis (northwest of Sparta). It was the first city I captured on the 2nd turn of my campaign. Ived had my faction leader who is an Oligarchist there for atleast 15 turns and it doesnt give me the option to build any Oligarchist's gathering...

^The oligarchist gathering should spawn by itself. If it doesn't, there's a problem with the script. Do you happen to have played or started a campaign and then loaded a save game or started yet another campaign?

Well after I started my Spartan campaign I did start a Persian campaign. Am I not supposed to do that?

You can - but you need to restart the game in order to load or start a new campaign. The script can get buggy otherwise

Oh ok thanks. So um is there anyway I can fix this in my current Spartan campaign without starting again?

I think you reloading the campaign once you've restarted the game and activating the script will do.