Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions For Future Releases

Default Re: Suggestions For Future Releases

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golog View Post
    I have two suggestions.

1. Putting the Danes right in the heart of English territory is a bit hard on them. It certainly puts a dent in the mighty English warmachine, but the Danes would probably be better off starting on an island in between Britain and Ireland or something rather than where the English can quickly take them down.

2. Larger unit sizes. Perhaps an optional download that scales unit sizes to the maximum the game allows to enable truly epic battles.
    The Danes tend to capture London in my games...

The Guilds for the Knight Orders being included for the other Christian factions
    Last edited by Longstreet; March 15, 2012 at 10:38 AM.
    Today is a good day

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by gangstamaori View Post
    It would be pretty sweet if you could nationalize the Church, e.g. break away from Rome and create a Church of Ireland, for example. I know that it just would not have happened at the time, but neither would returning to the old ways. I just think it could be a cool option, especially if you got excommunicated. Perhaps a bonus could be more funds from Church buildings. You could also make it so every so often the Pope (if you are still Catholic) asks for a few thousand gold to fund the building and upkeep of a monastery in your lands, with the bonus of getting traits if you agree.

Just something I've been thinking about, does anybody else having any positive/negative feelings on the concept?
    Good idea gangstamaori!

I like the idea of the Pope "demanding" an offering every once in a while to show your countries devotion to God O'Mighty. If you refuse enough you could be excommunicated, and if you except and pay the old man, a new trait or something would be your reward.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

I'd love the option to convert to Heresy . Like having education buildings cause the spread of heresy in provinces, and make characters more likely to be heretics. If you get enough heresy, you can convert!
    Last edited by Lord Golog; March 21, 2012 at 07:36 PM.

Shouldn't scotland and ireland be able to become pagan like they used to be

AJStoner's Avatar Lord of Entropy

I thought about doing that but the issue became overload. It felt strained when half the isles end up converting. For a future version I am thinking about a script set-up where NPC factions may convert depending on what happens with the player faction. For example, if a player faction converts and captures 50% of the game territories it could cause paganism to spred, etc.

*MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF HADER* *UNDER THE CRUEL & MERCILESS PATRONAGE OF y2day*

Nice mod (firstly). I've been interested in this mod a long time, some great ideas implemented already = a great campaign.

Mainly, I'd suggest that the swordsmen militia unit be changed to like "squires of tripoli" or.. "frankish swordsmen" -- or even baltest_swordsman.

I don't think the 'iberian' swordman militia fits in - the round steel shield etc.

I also feel that some units should be taken away - redundant units in a faction - or units that are using the same models and have comparable costs / stats. Removing armor upgrades of lesser troops etc = spear milita can stop at leather armor, then heavier units of same type will be really worth the cost / seem special.
    idk, I like ireland, scotland, and wales to seem a little more 'impovrished' and any of their heavier style soldiers should be very rare. It will make their unique units more prominent

Quote Originally Posted by PrestigeX View Post
    Nice mod (firstly). I've been interested in this mod a long time, some great ideas implemented already = a great campaign.

Mainly, I'd suggest that the swordsmen militia unit be changed to like "squires of tripoli" or.. "frankish swordsmen" -- or even baltest_swordsman.

I don't think the 'iberian' swordman militia fits in - the round steel shield etc.

I also feel that some units should be taken away - redundant units in a faction - or units that are using the same models and have comparable costs / stats. Removing armor upgrades of lesser troops etc = spear milita can stop at leather armor, then heavier units of same type will be really worth the cost / seem special.
    idk, I like ireland, scotland, and wales to seem a little more 'impovrished' and any of their heavier style soldiers should be very rare. It will make their unique units more prominent
    Except at early stages, Irish and Scottish armies *are* impoverished. Which is accurate.
    Later stages of having heavier troops is also accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishHitman View Post
    Except at early stages, Irish and Scottish armies *are* impoverished. Which is accurate.
    Later stages of having heavier troops is also accurate.
    I have been playing through a scotland campaign, I feel pretty well off though and it's only in the beginning stages. Maybe that is just me...

already have the Heavy Pike Militias . & the swordsmen militia seems to have way too good of a stats..I could easily roll with swordsmen militia exclusively for infantry.
    they are barely a titch down from DFK's.

Scots, welsh, and Irish should have heavy troops but that should be sooo minimal . front rank or two of plate troops followed by the waves of rabble.

i love the concepts for some of the units -- and the campaign so far is playing out very very well! =) I just tend to get picky about units and dislike too many 'new units' in mods - only a few.
    Last edited by PrestigeX; May 18, 2012 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrestigeX View Post
    I have been playing through a scotland campaign, I feel pretty well off though and it's only in the beginning stages. Maybe that is just me...

already have the Heavy Pike Militias . & the swordsmen militia seems to have way too good of a stats..I could easily roll with swordsmen militia exclusively for infantry.
    they are barely a titch down from DFK's.

Scots, welsh, and Irish should have heavy troops but that should be sooo minimal . front rank or two of plate troops followed by the waves of rabble.

i love the concepts for some of the units -- and the campaign so far is playing out very very well! =) I just tend to get picky about units and dislike too many 'new units' in mods - only a few.
    Scotland is a stable kingdom that's being harrassed, it can diverge from history by arming itself more effectively (with appropriate economic boosts).

Ireland doesn't have such luxury from the start, but again, it is a rebellion in progress at the start more than an actual kingdom. Once it establishes itself, professionalisation of troops can begin.

I've noticed in a few of my games, for the first 30 turns or so that Denmark won't expand even though they remain at war with England even if the neighboring territories are almost empty and they have full stacks of troops. Is there any way we can make the vikings a little more aggressive?

let me just say this is an awesome mod. but i tend to think that the england is far too weak and the irish and welshare a bit too strong. england is a civilized kingdom yet they have 3 villages while the irish, welsh and scottish kingdoms have no villages to start out with. doesnt this seem a bit off? basically, the english start out with wars on all fronts, and in every game ive played in, ai england gets whipped up and the welsh, danes and the barons control all of england. atleast for me, this kinda kills the game. i like playing as either ireland or scotland, and to me its not as fun when i can just destroy england with ease. so just make england more badass..

I'd agree that England probably are slightly underpowered when controlled by the AI. But you can't really complain about them starting with a couple of villages when you consider the sheer number of provinces they have compared with everyone else.

I think one of the reasons England quite often struggles is because the AI can't really deal with the multi-front war that they have to face right from the start. In my Denmark campaign I only had to face about three major stacks before I took the English heartlands simply because the rest of their army was off fighting in other areas.

even looking at some of the units for instance... the unit stats are abit unbalaced. the nobles for england are alot weaker compared to the irsh nobles. and despite being the same exact unit, the welsh and irish sword militia have stronger stats compared to the english ones. all i want is a stronger england so theyre more challenging. england conquered wales, took care of the barons, and held land in ireland in the 13th century at the same time. they are the dominant power but they are alittle weak in the game. but i will admit, playing an english campaign, even on hard is challenging and really, really, really fun!!!

I agree that England probably could do with a buff, but its difficult to balance as if you made their units equal to other factions, they would just be able to steamroll everyone with their superior economy and numbers.

Also, I don't think this is supposed to be a completely historical mod so you can't just have England winning every single game .

I really like this mod! Thank you very much for the hard work!
    My suggestions (after playing the Irish and the Welsh till turn 100):
    Slower growth of cities, buildings should be more expensive. In both campaigns (h/h) I am making so much money that it is hard to get rid of it. Also some of my cities are already having huge walls after 100 turns. With over 900 turns to go, that is a bit fast in my opinion. Also having the opportunity to staff my armies completely with cannon and handgunners around the year 1285 struck me a bit strange.
    But then I like slow game playing and I am not an avid fan of firearms on the 13th century battlefield.

Lethal Jakkson's Avatar Civis

agree with mmk buildings should cost alot more, army upkeep should be higher as well, slowing down city growth could work like in BRGV maybe? (taking away 100 population fromfor militia.levy units & so on) seems to keep a cap on armys in my SS6.4 Venice campaign.

englands militia/levy units should be weak but there should be away to make the ai build up armys of profesional units only to represent there military capability maybe this could be adressed by making Nottingham, Gloucester, Exeter, Trim more advanced in military buildings and to counter it a little for the Barons make Lecester more advanced would that be any good?
    Working for myself for 3years and still finding time to play Total War

"power down now. Have your crew step out or we will kill you!" -
    Conl Sharp (Transformers)
    "wh
    at you talkin 'bout willis?"
    -Gary Coleman aka Arnold Jackson (Diff'rent Strokes)

Slor's Avatar Civis

I like the mod, but the morale across the board leaves alot to be desired compared to other great mods. Time and time again top tier units being routed with almost no losses by militia or town folk gets really annoying. Its like i have to camp my general right on top of all of my units or they break, so forget about multi entrance sieging. Other than that the campaign is great. However, if im looking for a good battle/siege this mod lacks greatly. Might install Byg as many have hinted at.

AJStoner's Avatar Lord of Entropy

Quote Originally Posted by Slor View Post
    I like the mod, but the morale across the board leaves alot to be desired compared to other great mods. Time and time again top tier units being routed with almost no losses by militia or town folk gets really annoying. Its like i have to camp my general right on top of all of my units or they break, so forget about multi entrance sieging. Other than that the campaign is great. However, if im looking for a good battle/siege this mod lacks greatly. Might install Byg as many have hinted at.
    I have never had this issue myself nor had other reports of it. Can you be more specific?

*MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF HADER* *UNDER THE CRUEL & MERCILESS PATRONAGE OF y2day*

Dorad's Avatar Foederatus

Just a suggestion (more of a proposal actually) Could the Danish models be more "danish". I dont know why but blue colour just doesnt seem danish. I just found the combination a little wierd (blue + yellow) could you make it only yellow and white....they look a little french currently

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast