Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions For Future Releases

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Default Re: Suggestions For Future Releases

Quote Originally Posted by ceretic View Post
    Regarding modding, if you are able to send me some of the, erm "script", and I can open it using Notepad (is this right?) I could go through it and amend the parts which related to Welsh placenames and character names as per my books and send it back to you. I expect I could figure it out and make the changes and then send it back for inclusion in something in the future. I am willing to help and it wasn't my intention to appear rude, I was only being frank, and as I said; help me to help you - if I can edit a "script" I will and save you doing that job.
    Don't get me wrong we appreciate the suggestions and historical facts. Our intention with this project is to produce a fun experience, not neccesarily a historically accurate one. We will of course try but will not sacrifice the fun factor so to speak. We don't mind the suggestions but please refrain from saying its easy when you really don't know what you are talking about. It isn't one file that needs to change and it would take some time to implement. You also have to take into account the balance of the faction. The starting settlements, generals, family members, garrisons, merchants, resources and more all plays a part. Believe me when I say MEII isn't easy to mod. The simplest changes will cause a CTD with no real input in the log to let you know why. There are several files you have to change or delete to make some of the most simplest changes you could think of. Again, thank you for the suggestions and we do appreciate it.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Are Muire supposed to have two hit points now they have 120 men in the unit? They are very very powerful like that. I was thinking that they should be reduced to one hit point but maybe bump up their defence stat and hardyness to compensate for the change.

Love the mod, best M2TW one I have played by far. Well done!
    Last edited by Sharpe; January 18, 2012 at 08:11 PM.

Ballacraine's Avatar Domesticus

Been playing on & off for a while now.

I really like it. The only issues I have had is with troop balance.

The Knights Templars are elite units, they should at least start with a couple of chevrons experience. As they are at the moment they start with zero exp. & break too easily IMO.

Another balance issue I have is with the Sherwood Archers.
    Yes, OK, they are an elite unit but I think they are way overpowered in melee. I had an engagement between low exp armoured militia & an enemy low exp Sherwood Archers who were out of arrows, both were around 32 men. My militia were slaughtered & routed in short order, causing only a couple of casualties. I sent in 33 low exp. Templar Sergeants & they were defeated & routed too.

Balla.
    In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Agreed that Sherwood Archers should be 1hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Are Muire supposed to have two hit points now they have 120 men in the unit? They are very very powerful like that. I was thinking that they should be reduced to one hit point but maybe bump up their defence stat and hardyness to compensate for the change.

Love the mod, best M2TW one I have played by far. Well done!
    They're god damn expensive though, proportionate to their abilities really.

They're nothing an infantry engagement + a cav charge can't fix.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Yeah agreed actually. Don't feel bad about using them now!

Lethal Jakkson's Avatar Civis

I would like to see;-
    Sherwood Archers- to have small axes for chopping of dead nobles hands!
    Yeomen Archers- to have long thin knifes for dispatching wounded enemys!
    Retinue Archers- to have pole axes so they can join the melee when there out of arrows
    English Knights- to have a stronger attacker in melee rather than charge
    Gwent Raiders- to have a knife or axe in there othere hand for dirty fighting tricks
    Scotland to have there own pikemen based battle formation
    law passing to do with seprating kngdom and church so the church cant call crusades agaist any1 in the british isles (or get rid of the button)
    Working for myself for 3years and still finding time to play Total War

"power down now. Have your crew step out or we will kill you!" -
    Conl Sharp (Transformers)
    "wh
    at you talkin 'bout willis?"
    -Gary Coleman aka Arnold Jackson (Diff'rent Strokes)

Any way of making the AI recruit more merchants? While the early merchant skirmishes are a bloody affair, the real player can dominate markets fairly easily afterwards. Either that or raise the cost of merchants for the player to balance the benefits of recruiting them.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Maybe Replace Celtic Lords with Elite Gallowglasses for Ireland, just adds some variety and give them a claymore and some decent chain mail armour.

A nice full face Avential would be a good touch, not plate to reflect their Celtic roots.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Maybe Replace Celtic Lords with Elite Gallowglasses for Ireland, just adds some variety and give them a claymore and some decent chain mail armour.

A nice full face Avential would be a good touch, not plate to reflect their Celtic roots.
    I approve.

Lethal Jakkson's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Jakkson View Post
    I would like to see;-
    Sherwood Archers- to have small axes for chopping of dead nobles hands!
    Yeomen Archers- to have long thin knifes for dispatching wounded enemys!
    Retinue Archers- to have pole axes so they can join the melee when there out of arrows
    English Knights- to have a stronger attacker in melee rather than charge
    Gwent Raiders- to have a knife or axe in there othere hand for dirty fighting tricks
    Scotland to have there own pikemen based battle formation
    law passing to do with seprating kngdom and church so the church cant call crusades agaist any1 in the british isles (or get rid of the button)
    ok maybe just give retinue archers poleaxes and sherwood archers long thin knifes
    Working for myself for 3years and still finding time to play Total War

"power down now. Have your crew step out or we will kill you!" -
    Conl Sharp (Transformers)
    "wh
    at you talkin 'bout willis?"
    -Gary Coleman aka Arnold Jackson (Diff'rent Strokes)

Considering how centered this mod is on culture could there perhaps be more expansion on that as far as events and buildings go? For example, official languages, and various places of instruction.

Also, I have another question: It seems rather odd to give Ireland out of all of the British Isles civilizations the option to return to Paganism. It is well-known that the Irish Gaels were the first to en masse convert to Christianity in the British Isles. The Dal Riada Scots (Pictish culture had all but disappeared before the coming of Christianity) and the Cambrian Welsh followed soon after, with the Saxons, Angles, Jutes, and Danes not converting until about 200 years later.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Maybe a rebalancing of the EDU, make attack stats lower and defence stats higher to make battles grittier and longer.

I think that the current vanilla stats are OK, but something like Stainless Steels system would work much nicely.

King William the Conqueror's Avatar Campidoctor

I finally got to play this. And I can say that this is a great mod.
    my suggestion is that you make France playable
    I hold the blitz record for Medieval II (106 region in 7 turns) set in January 2024.

Check out my Youtube Channel: CosmicConqueror
    Proud Member of TWC since 2011!

Quote Originally Posted by King William the Conqueror View Post
    I finally got to play this. And I can say that this is a great mod.
    my suggestion is that you make France playable
    That's on the way, I think.

I think the map was being expanded to cover Normandy/Northern France so they should be playable in a later version.

gangstamaori's Avatar Miles

It would be pretty sweet if you could nationalize the Church, e.g. break away from Rome and create a Church of Ireland, for example. I know that it just would not have happened at the time, but neither would returning to the old ways. I just think it could be a cool option, especially if you got excommunicated. Perhaps a bonus could be more funds from Church buildings. You could also make it so every so often the Pope (if you are still Catholic) asks for a few thousand gold to fund the building and upkeep of a monastery in your lands, with the bonus of getting traits if you agree.

Just something I've been thinking about, does anybody else having any positive/negative feelings on the concept?

Are there any benifits of converting to Celtic Christianity? Apart from being attacked by Rome and Crusades and the like, I can't see any benifits.
    Also, Wales should really start as Celtic Christians rather than given the option of converting. The Welsh were Christians well before St Augustus tried to bring them into the Catholic Church and no doubt liked to stay independent from Roman influence.

I have two suggestions.

1. Putting the Danes right in the heart of English territory is a bit hard on them. It certainly puts a dent in the mighty English warmachine, but the Danes would probably be better off starting on an island in between Britain and Ireland or something rather than where the English can quickly take them down.

2. Larger unit sizes. Perhaps an optional download that scales unit sizes to the maximum the game allows to enable truly epic battles.
    Last edited by Lord Golog; March 13, 2012 at 05:45 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast