Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions For Future Releases

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: Suggestions For Future Releases

Ah yes, thanks AJS. I only recalled reading that after I posted. But another exception is the cleric units I think: the dismounted ones have free upkeep in the city at the bottom-right of the map. Can't remember the unit or city names offhand.

Anyway, no matter.

I love the mod so far. Cheers. However, I've noticed a lot of end-turn crashing. Ever since I hit turn 30, it's been crashing almost every time I click end turn. Really sucks when you've just fought a big battle and forgot to save afterwards

It might be this:

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    CTD: CS is trying to use a non-existent historic_event merc_army5_barons. It is named merc_army5_barons_alliance in HE.
    @TheGovna
    Open data\text\historic_events.txt, and change
    {merc_army5_barons_alliance_body}
    {merc_army5_barons_alliance_title}
    to
    {merc_army5_barons_body}
    {merc_army5_barons_title}

It fixed it for me.
    Last edited by Withwnar; September 26, 2011 at 02:58 AM.

AJStoner's Avatar Lord of Entropy

This is likely the problem. The 1.6 patch, which should be out in the next few days, will have this corrected.
    Last edited by AJStoner; September 26, 2011 at 04:58 AM.

*MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF HADER* *UNDER THE CRUEL & MERCILESS PATRONAGE OF y2day*

Thanks lads, found the file and changed it. Hopefully it will fix the crashing. Kudos to you too. +rep
    Last edited by TheGovna; September 27, 2011 at 09:57 PM.

1. Make muskets more powerful?

2. A submod for Kingdoms Grand Campaign to add all the awesome units from this mod to the European map (especially the Irish ones)?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGovna View Post
    I love the mod so far. Cheers. However, I've noticed a lot of end-turn crashing. Ever since I hit turn 30, it's been crashing almost every time I click end turn. Really sucks when you've just fought a big battle and forgot to save afterwards
    I too am having this problem. It crashes every 5 turns or so after turn 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Freezer View Post
    I too am having this problem. It crashes every 5 turns or so after turn 30.
    This should fix the issue:

Open data\text\historic_events.txt, and change:

Code:
    {merc_army5_barons_alliance_body}
    {merc_army5_barons_alliance_title}
    to
    Code:
    {merc_army5_barons_body}
    {merc_army5_barons_title}

I seem to have missed the post in the top of the page that said that too, sorry.

Thank you for the help!

Pirate Raiders:

I have just had a look at the script and now understand what happens if you decline (% chance of losing money). Could a historic event be added to tell you of this outcome?

What would be really nice is a fleet of these scurvy bastards appearing and making your life difficult. e.g. Blockading a port with a powerful fleet. Although you'd need some fancy script to keep them there instead of having the AI send them off to wherever, causing problems for other factions. And apparently spawning rebel navies is not possible via normal spawning methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    Pirate Raiders:

I have just had a look at the script and now understand what happens if you decline (% chance of losing money). Could a historic event be added to tell you of this outcome?

What would be really nice is a fleet of these scurvy bastards appearing and making your life difficult. e.g. Blockading a port with a powerful fleet. Although you'd need some fancy script to keep them there instead of having the AI send them off to wherever, causing problems for other factions. And apparently spawning rebel navies is not possible via normal spawning methods.
    Good call, didn't really think of a follow-up event but it would be helpful. I played about with having slave fleet show up but it always ended in failure.

Hi there AJStoner, I was wondering if there is any way the French faction and therefore the northern part of France in your map be made accessible. My house mates and I are interested in playing a 6 player Hotseat however no one wants to play as England and it seems maybe more fair to have the computer as H/H with England and if the possiblilty of the 6th player as France. Anyway this could be possible?

Actually, at the moment the Host Seat function is not working. Nothing directly related to this was altered in the modding process but some incompatibility seems to have wormed its way in since I know the original Britannia supported it. Vegas Bear and I have both looked it over but thus far we haven't located the problem. We will be continuing to work on it however, and will issue a hot-fix as soon as the issue has been resolved.

France, or more specifically Normandy and Flanders, will play a larger role in RB 2.0 when it is released and will likely be playable factions.
    Last edited by AJStoner; October 06, 2011 at 06:37 AM.

you should add a map of france with a lot of cities in the next version and a bit of norway and denmark

I took London in my Barons campaign and it ended and said I lost?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGovna View Post
    I took London in my Barons campaign and it ended and said I lost?
    Will look into this. You are using the new 1.6 version of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by AJStoner View Post
    Will look into this. You are using the new 1.6 version of the game?
    like i said there should also be a big map of france added with a bit of denmark and norway and also edit unit sizes and stacks

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

If I may come with a suggestion; retexture the vanilla units and add more traits and retinues For example, governor, lord or duke of Wessex, Nottingham, Normandy etc would go a long way with immersion Also new pictures for buildings, maybe you could borrow from the last kingdom or stainless steel? It's a lot more fun playing mods when also the visuals are different Other that that; good job!
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

New unit cards to replace the vanilla cards perhaps?

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by mikiep1031 View Post
    like i said there should also be a big map of france added with a bit of denmark and norway and also edit unit sizes and stacks
    We are currently discussing the map. A few questions we have asked ourselves...

1. should we expand and in what directions?
    2. should we just make the current map larger? This would make the space between settlements farther apart.
    3. should we move on to another Kingdoms expansion and try to duplicate the work AJStoner has already done with the Britannia Campaign?

We pretty much answered this question, but haven't exactly nailed it down.

Quote Originally Posted by helmersen View Post
    If I may come with a suggestion; retexture the vanilla units and add more traits and retinues For example, governor, lord or duke of Wessex, Nottingham, Normandy etc would go a long way with immersion Also new pictures for buildings, maybe you could borrow from the last kingdom or stainless steel? It's a lot more fun playing mods when also the visuals are different Other that that; good job!

That is why I joined the team. In future releases, more original or borrowed 2d work will be included. Denmark is using SS skins in this version and we hope to either reskin the other factions or borrow skins from released mods. I agree that more settlement specific (Duke or Lord) retinues should be high on the list to be added. I have done some work for a mod (Faction Crown Mod) that would also be a sweet addition.

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    New unit cards to replace the vanilla cards perhaps?
    This is another thing that I plan on doing. I have done these for Stainless Steel but couldn't use them with the vanilla skins in this mod. I would really like to either retexture the vanilla units or borrow units before I bother with creating new unit info cards.

y

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast