Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Apologies...

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen spy of the council

Default Apologies...

Well, since the joke has been revealed etc and this is the first opportunity I have had to log on, I want to extend my apologies...

1) The Curia - I supported actions which I find reprehensible. Please accept that ostrakons etc are a last resort option and even then, if it can be sorted out with discussion, I prefer that route.

2) H&G, Farnan, Sel, Archer, TBN - I know that they were in character but I owe them an apology too.

3) LV - he is not a comatose individual, despite what I said

4) Garb. - He is a God amongst men and not cheap. Reasonably priced, yes. Cheap, no.

I would also like to apologise to SM, Tostig (who isn't a Civ, I know), Perikles and any other person I PMed/MSNed etc to further this attrocity.

Can I also take this opportunity to thank Kagemusha, The White Knight and cowen70 for being confused by my actions. They clearly have an understanding of my position on the issues raked up by this farce.

Can I single out Menander? He has been an unsung 'hero' with his Helios Article. Set the scene beautifully. Everyone else, well done on a marvellously executed plan!

imb39

edit - I am not disclaiming my ties with Garb. I hope he doesn't want it either... :hcry
    Last edited by Perikles; April 22, 2007 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Grammar

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Default Re: Apologies...

Consider your self absolved of all the crimes commited against your patron, and thanks to Asterix you will not receive a hospital bill.
    Truth be told, yours were one of the most difficult performances being extremely out of character (for people that know you well).
    Anyway, both me and LV fully deserved this as we tend to get hysterical over issues of democracy in TWC and we have been over the top in more than one occasion...

All is well that ends well.
    thanks
    Garb.

And I think I should include this here too:

Hi all,
    First let me publicly apologise to anyone I offended (especially Brokenfingers and Torment) during the joke and also those like Lord_Rahl that felt offended by it.

For the members that were not here last summer, the whole thing may seem absurd, extravagant and in bad taste. Let me assure you that the way the joke evolved was perilously close to what happened in the past.

When I was brought in the plot-that was after I almost had an epileptic fit and three seizures over Farnan's and H&G's excellent performance, and Asterix thought I'm going to leave the site for good- I had no difficulty to fake my feelings or my posts.
    You see, we've ben through this before, and it was the real thing, me LV and others were banned from TWC, posts were vanishing in thin air and Crandar was the Hexagon;he even sent me a PM about my sig like the one I faked yesterday. And I did exactly what I did last summer.

What made me very uneasy was the reaction of people like Spartacus_Popat, that were not here before, did not know it was a joke, and risked a perma-ban from the site to their knowledge.
    In the relative terms of our virtual world in the TWC, that was bravery and comeradship and integrity. And if you think these are hot air baloons, think again. And this was the best thing I felt in the internet since my first post ever.

Second, I would like to thank the plotters Justinian and Sim for the concept, Asterix for the frighteningly perfect Crandar-did I mention Farnan and H&G already? I trust that we'll never have to face a real situation like this in the future, and the staff made me feel safe and confident in their abilities.To tell you the truth it was an almost cathartic experience.

Finally I would like to ask Archer to remove the reputation points that the a member gave me for my Ostrakon against Crandar. I thank the member, and what he did, ended the joke for me.

Thank you all.
    Alles ist Gut.
    Garb.
    Last edited by Garbarsardar; April 01, 2006 at 09:53 AM.

Thanks Imb39.I think it was you that started the suspicions on my part that we were totally pwned. Before that i was totally enraged by the situation. But i think this little joke gave us good lessons.Reading through the staff page about planning and executing the plot.I think it showed how well you guys really can work together. Also it showed the unity of Curia and how it stood together defending it members.You guys are my personal heroes now.The conspirators who knew excluded.

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Hhehe... I received many PMs saying what the heck happend to IMB and no one could believe he had such a bad side to him

Thanks Garb and Kage...
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

I can only extend those excuses to the entire community. I hope some of you at least didn't take things too seriously. I thought it was pretty obvious that staff was simply acting like being in a "madman" mood and so the joke would be clear. Doesn't seem to have worked in every case. :ninja

Anyways, I know now that we have the best civitates in the world here on TWC as they stand up for their rights and especially good staff and content of TWC.
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by imb39
    2) H&G, Farnan, Sel, Archer, TBN - I know that they were in character but I owe them an apology too.
    You hurt my feelings.

But then I got you back. :wicked

Good times...good times...

Saint-Germain's Avatar Comte

Thanks, imb!

Sorry to everyone we confused (especially SM, my patron ), but it does say a lot about the Civitates (and the history of the site) that they were so ready to believe that the staff could have so much bitterness and infighting etc. etc.

I still can't believe that people thought we were bringing Crandar back...
    né Menander
    Under the covetous wing of Ozymandias
    Patronizing my favourite (not so) little guy, Turbo

"With this weather, it might as well be Thursday..."

L
    A
    M
    E

as in this joke, but not the apology.

Saint-Germain's Avatar Comte

I like your sig, by the way!

né Menander
    Under the covetous wing of Ozymandias
    Patronizing my favourite (not so) little guy, Turbo

"With this weather, it might as well be Thursday..."

Faenaris's Avatar Son of Dorn

Wait a minute ... You joked about Crandar? And made the new Civies realise it was for real? Darn, why couldn't I log on to the site yesterday, I missed something! Anyways, it is not something I would have joked about, but everyone has his own taste. :original:
    Son of Acutulus, member of The House of the Wolf / Signature by King Mong

Nihil's Avatar Annihilationist

The Garb and Imb fight was a complete shock to me. That was one of the most amazing events of the day.

But I must second what Garb said - to those who witnessed the First Crandar War, what happened on April Fool's Eve was a walk in the park by comparison. That was what made the whole thing seem almost believeable. :ninja

Next time, it might not be a joke! :no
    Ex Nihilo, Nihil Fit.
    Acting Paterfamilias of House Rububula
    Former Patron of the retired Atheist Peace
    Current Lineup: Jesus The Inane, PacSubCom, Last Roman, Evariste, I Have a Clever Name, Gabriella26, Markas and Katrina

mongoose's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Menander
    Thanks, imb!

Sorry to everyone we confused (especially SM, my patron ), but it does say a lot about the Civitates (and the history of the site) that they were so ready to believe that the staff could have so much bitterness and infighting etc. etc.

I still can't believe that people thought we were bringing Crandar back...
    Um, I've asked several people, and I've PM'ed others, but NO ONE WILL TELL ME WHAT CRANDAR DID.

I've searched... but didn't find anything.

BTW, I've seen worse then this in the past. And frankly, not everyone has as much respect for the staff as you think they do...

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

I would also like to apologise to anyone i may have scared by my resignation, but judging by the amount of pms i got from civs looking to fight crandar, i doubt if crandar actually returned he would last 5 seconds.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Libertine's Avatar Neptune eats planets

woah, nice hoax lads - had me confused - about the staff infighting thing? lol.......it happens occasionally i'm assuming :laughing:

*claps hands*

had me fooled anyway.
    Heir of Kscott
    Proud Patron of the lost Fable and Proud Patron of God
    Spurs Fan?
    Member of the SG Fan Club
    Finland had unusually little to do with the whole New World gig. - Watchman

Helios News Monkey
    Knight of the Lulz

Zuwxiv's Avatar Bear Claus

I came here too late, but when I get a chance I'll sift through all the stuff. It would be awesome to have a hidden mini-forum just with these events and everything that spawned out of them.

April 2nd... The best day to begin planning April 1st, 2007.

Currently worshipping Necrobrit *********** Thought is Quick
    I'm back for the TWCrack

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

The staff have talked about having an april fools sub forum with all the threads in. I'd love to be able to go back and reread my resignation speech when i get nostalgic. Plus the ostrakon threads of course.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Remember, this is the internet. You don't know who is Crander and who is not. For all you know, he could be archer with a different login and a different proxy.

If you do anything to annoy us, we'll start another list...

BTW, heres the Ostrakon list if Crandar ever returns

RZZZA
    Solid
    Lucius Vorenus
    Squeakus Maximus
    Honor&Glory
    Kanaric
    Seleukos
    Garbarsardar
    Lord Tomyris
    Spartacus-Popat
    Lusted
    Kagemusha
    MoROmeTe
    LionSkin
    1hHoplite
    deathdoom56
    Lord Rahl
    Legio XX Valeria Victrix
    Last Roman
    Ecclesiastes

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Lee1026
    Remember, this is the internet. You don't know who is Crander and who is not. For all you know, he could be archer with a different login and a different proxy.
    and different personality and different ability... Yes, your point is well taken.

Spartacus, yes, too much red. :wicked

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus-Popat
    If you do anything to annoy us, we'll start another list...

BTW, heres the Ostrakon list if Crandar ever returns

RZZZA
    Solid
    Lucius Vorenus
    Squeakus Maximus
    Honor&Glory
    Kanaric
    Seleukos
    Garbarsardar
    Lord Tomyris
    Spartacus-Popat
    Lusted