Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Here There Be Snakes: Bug Reports & Tech Help

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: Here There Be Snakes: Bug Reports & Tech Help

I would uninstall KL and download the Data folder. HERE

That installer has had some issues. We hope to remedy that in the next release.

Sorry for the inconvience.

y

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Quote Originally Posted by y2day View Post
    I would uninstall KL and download the Data folder. HERE

That installer has had some issues. We hope to remedy that in the next release.

Sorry for the inconvience.

y
    I'm sorry to say that this didn't work. It still came up with the same error and Stainless Steel still works fine so I don't think it's my main M2TW that's got a problem. Is there anything else I could try?

AJStoner's Avatar Lord of Entropy

I would say do a full-uninstall of RB and manually delete the folder and whatever else remains after then try doing it that way. If worst comes to worst you can upload the 1.5 from SI since you know that version worked for you (links on the DL page here) and patch back up to 1.6. We are giving priority to a better installer.

*MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF HADER* *UNDER THE CRUEL & MERCILESS PATRONAGE OF y2day*

One problem with this, for some reason it's not letting me delete the Rule_Britannia folder as it says its open in another program but I couldn't see anything else in the processes list on task manager that would be using it. It allowed me to delete all of the contents of the folder though so it's just the actual folder that remains.

Doing a full shutdown and trying it again might help.

Vegas_Bear's Avatar Biarchus

I found a text error in the building list, see photo.

Quote Originally Posted by AJStoner View Post
    Doing a full shutdown and trying it again might help.
    That worked, thanks

Glasgow has two stone roads in the build queue.
    I've fixed my install (desc strat in imperial campaign has two hinderland road entries for the region) but for the next patch...
    Last edited by Messremb; October 22, 2011 at 12:34 AM.

Glasgow only? Not sure HOW that could happen... Could be a flub, I'll look into it.

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

Hi guys,

I downloaded the data file because the installer couldnt find my medieval file (I am a steam user).

I copied a mod folder that appeared to use a CFG file and used that as my RB folder. I also used the kingdoms mod launcher and then started the game. All seemed fine until i chose a faction and then pressed begin campaign. At this point the game crashed due to an "unspecified error".

I followed the installation instructions and everything. Any ideas what is going wrong? I am Windows 7 as well.

Any help would be much appreciated, cant wait to play this game!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post
    Hi guys,

I downloaded the data file because the installer couldnt find my medieval file (I am a steam user).

I copied a mod folder that appeared to use a CFG file and used that as my RB folder. I also used the kingdoms mod launcher and then started the game. All seemed fine until i chose a faction and then pressed begin campaign. At this point the game crashed due to an "unspecified error".

I followed the installation instructions and everything. Any ideas what is going wrong? I am Windows 7 as well.

Any help would be much appreciated, cant wait to play this game!
    The highlighted line sounds like the problem. I also didn't use the installer since I had issues with it. If you don't use the installer, you have to follow AJ's instructions very precisely. Also when using Steam, you might to look at my post about doing regedits in order to get Rule Britannia into the Steam MTW2 Kingdoms Launcher correctly.

See post #5 in this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=487083
    I put detailed Steam instructions with pictures in that thread. 'Hope this helps.
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; October 25, 2011 at 01:09 PM.

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

As far as I know the mod is working through the launcher... It will start the game but it is when i select a faction and go to play as them that it crashes. Do you think that would be an issue with the launcher?

When AJ says use a mod folder that works with a CFG file, what one does he mean? All of the kingdoms mods dont use a CFG file. I borrowed the folder from the Last Kingdoms mod that I already had.

Thanks

Try to follow my post exactly as I described first. Then if that doesn't work, I can answer any cfg (configuration file) questions you have. I'm happy to do that, by going through what they mean, but I think that the former would be easier.

The campaigns installed by the kingdoms update like Britannia, Teutonic, Crusades, or Americas don't have a CFG file; located in the mod folder's folder along with the bat and data folders (plus usually ones called custom, saves, preferences, and packs as well). Most other mods that you install will make use of a cfg file. Launch it through one of them.

If you have no mods installed except the campaigns included by CA for the Kingdoms update: You can find a small, launchable mod and download that to make use of that.

Hello, m8s!
    I was playing the Welsh, got excommunicated before the Celtic church event and the trait for the king and morale penalty in settlements remained after conversion (I did pass another turn after, to make sure).
    Also, how and where I can get Morgannwg Swordsmen?
    Thanks.

The pre-excommunicated issue is being looked at now. I'm hoping to have that worked-out by the 1.7 release.

The Morgannwg swordsmen are actually Irish Murie that take up service with the Welsh throne after Ireland has been eliminated--along with a few Irish units. The Irish can also recruit some Welsh units if Wales goes first and a similar arrangement exists with Scotland and Norway. They are going to be renamed in the next release because this is a little vague as it stands now.

I don't know if this is deliberate or a mistake, but once churches reach a certain level, they can no longer train priests. All of the churches from up to the Abbey can train priests, but as soon as they are upgraded to cathedrals, the priests are replaced by troops.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

That was intentional; you couldn't do both in one building and I figured if you were building cathedrals you doubtless had enough churches on the map to recruit your priests.

Alright, I suppose that makes sense

Hi guys.

I'm getting an unspecified error in my playthough with the Danes.
    I'm at turn 27, and everytime I end my turn, the game will crash right after the Baron Alliance's turn.

And the system log doesn't seem to tell me anything?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    14:01:17.352 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    14:01:17.357 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    14:01:17.370 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    14:01:17.372 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    14:01:17.379 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    14:01:17.381 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    14:01:17.401 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    14:01:17.408 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    14:04:17.099 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    The Danes are the only ones I really like to play. And it's going so well.