Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Here There Be Snakes: Bug Reports & Tech Help

AJStoner's Avatar Lord of Entropy

Default Re: Here There Be Snakes: Bug Reports & Tech Help

Quote Originally Posted by MadJackVane View Post
    Bug report:

If you fight a full flag of Welsh vs a full flag of Scottish/Scottish Crusader the game will crash, would be nice to fix that.

P.S

Is it just me that has no music in the background?

P.S.S

Hurry up with that hot seat. <3
    1) This will fix the Scotland problem: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...0#post10792620

2) There is music; check to see that you have it turned on in the game options.

3) Hotseat is a wash at this point. We've gone over and over it--brought in experienced modders from outside the group to have a look at it... Nothing. We can't find anything that should be causing the problem--it just won't work. Perhaps in a future version this will get sortyed out but for now RB simply isn't hotseat compatible.

*MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF HADER* *UNDER THE CRUEL & MERCILESS PATRONAGE OF y2day*

Quote Originally Posted by AJStoner View Post
    1) This will fix the Scotland problem: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...0#post10792620

2) There is music; check to see that you have it turned on in the game options.

3) Hotseat is a wash at this point. We've gone over and over it--brought in experienced modders from outside the group to have a look at it... Nothing. We can't find anything that should be causing the problem--it just won't work. Perhaps in a future version this will get sortyed out but for now RB simply isn't hotseat compatible.
    Thanks for the Scotland fix, But nope still no music. I can hear all the troops and information talking but background music and filler music is gone. I'm sure a simple re-download will fix it, Shame about the hotseat hope something comes up, cheers for getting back to me so fast.

SirNat's Avatar Libertus

Im getting an error whenever i try to run the installer. It says it corrupt/invalid?
    Any solutions?

Quote Originally Posted by SirNat View Post
    Im getting an error whenever i try to run the installer. It says it corrupt/invalid?
    Any solutions?
    Does the file name have an apostrophe ( ' ) in it at all? If it does then remove them so that the file name is just Rule_Britannia_1.7.exe and it should work.

I've got the gold edition and installed the mod (1.7). But when I start the mod it ask for the kingdoms cd/dvd. I dont have the kingdoms cd/dvd becouse i own the gold edition cd's. Is there a way to play the mod with the gold edition?

I've searched google and the forum about this problem but can't find a solution. I hope someone can help me becouse i really look forward to playing the mod!

Quote Originally Posted by CapraHircus View Post
    I've got the gold edition and installed the mod (1.7). But when I start the mod it ask for the kingdoms cd/dvd. I dont have the kingdoms cd/dvd becouse i own the gold edition cd's. Is there a way to play the mod with the gold edition?

I've searched google and the forum about this problem but can't find a solution. I hope someone can help me becouse i really look forward to playing the mod!
    I have the Gold Edition and I can't remember ever having this problem. Did you install the mod in the right place? It should be like this: ...\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Rule_Britannia

Thank you for the quick reply. But I think it's installed in the right place: C:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Rule_Britannia

It just asking for the original Kingdoms cd. I've added a printscreen of the error:

Verkeerde CD/DVD geplaatst.
    Plaats de originele "Kingdoms" CD/DVD.
    --translated from Dutch:
    Inserted wrong CD/DVD.
    Place original "Kingdoms" CD/DVD

AJStoner's Avatar Lord of Entropy

Did you disable the virtual store for M2TW? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=397636

*MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF HADER* *UNDER THE CRUEL & MERCILESS PATRONAGE OF y2day*

I keep getting a crash as the Irish on turn 45. I hope its not a corrupt save i would hate to start a new game but I may have too. Here is the system log I will try another campaign and see what happens if it persists i will re install from a fresh download

Your log looks like its saying that the vanilla Britannia campaign hasn't been unpacked. I know old versions of RB needed you to do this for it to work but I thought they sorted it out.

Try unpacking the game by following this tutorial. It is a good idea to make a backup of the M2TW folder before doing this though as it can break the game if you don't do it properly but it's all covered in that thread and the read-me file.

If it isn't this then I'd suggest trying a new campaign and see if you still have the same problem. If it still crashes at the same place then you might have to reinstall.

while i was playing barons campaign (around 50th turn ) a message saying "campaign failed " appeared .thats a bug or something else??that message appeared when english faction destroyed .

Quote Originally Posted by Velerefodios View Post
    while i was playing barons campaign (around 50th turn ) a message saying "campaign failed " appeared .thats a bug or something else??that message appeared when english faction destroyed .
    I remember having that crash before when I destroyed England as the Baron's. There's supposed to be a script which changes the Baron's into England when that happens, but I don't think it works properly if you're the one playing as them.

As far as I know there isn't a way around this yet, but hopefully it should be fixed in later versions. If you have an earlier save then I'd suggest reloading from that and then keeping England alive with just one settlement or something, maybe see if they would accept vassalisation at that point?

So pitty the game crashes when it gets really interesting .i will try the vassalization thing ...Anyway thanks Kaiser!!

I'm currently playing the 1.7 version and I continually run into the same problem while playing a campaign as Scotland.
    Basically I'm fighting Norway out of the northern tip of Scotland and it seems that everytime I try to load a battle against them the mod crashes. At first I thought it was just when I was besieging a certain settlement, but it crashes when I try to go to the battle map on an open field, too. I also thought maybe it had something to do with either or both of the respective faction's kings being involved in the battles, but even when both were removed from the equation, it still crashes everytime I try to go to the battle map. It worked fine when I fought against rebel armies and I haven't fought against anybody else yet, so I don't know if it does it for them, too. But in any case it won't let me fight Norway.
    Last edited by kdub22; January 19, 2015 at 07:45 PM.

Hey, you will need the Scotland hotfix found in the second post of this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...battle-map-CTD.

Install it to the directory ...mods\Rule_Britannia\data\unit_models\_units\ln_lmail_hmail\texture.

Hopefully that should be problem solved for you then

Hey, couldn't find it in the thread so I'll just ask, why when I try to start up the mod from the shortcut it just pulls up the config for a sec and then nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Dravkon View Post
    Hey, couldn't find it in the thread so I'll just ask, why when I try to start up the mod from the shortcut it just pulls up the config for a sec and then nothing?
    Same for me...

NEW Rule sabmod will help you....

Quote Originally Posted by Merlo View Post
    Hey, you will need the Scotland hotfix found in the second post of this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...battle-map-CTD.

Install it to the directory ...mods\Rule_Britannia\data\unit_models\_units\ln_lmail_hmail\texture.

Hopefully that should be problem solved for you then
    The link is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by kdub22 View Post
    The link is dead.
    Hi, you can get the Scotland Hotfix here. The instructions for where to extract it to are in that thread, or in Merlo's post you quoted too, so it should be pretty straightforward.