Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Here There Be Snakes: Bug Reports & Tech Help

AJStoner's Avatar Lord of Entropy

Default Here There Be Snakes: Bug Reports & Tech Help

Bug Reports & Tech Help

Thank you for downloading and playing Rule Britannia. If you are experiencing any difficulties with this mod, be they during installation or game play, please post them here and the mod team will do whatever is possible to address it.

Before Reporting, please ensure that:

*If you are using version 1.0, you have installed the 1.5 RB PATCH. The patch was added on 8/27/11. If your splash screen and welcome text upon game start don't list a version number you need to install the patch.

*After patching (if need be) you have thrown-out your map.rwm file in data/world/maps/base.

*If you have unpacked your game, you have thrown-out the 2 descr_geography files.

*If you are a Steam user you may wish to consult the Steam FAQ found in the Medieval 2: Total War Technical Help forum.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Known Compatibility Issues & Fixes:

*Steam Users & Non-Standard Installations: Some people who run M2TW through Steam, or have it installed in a non-standard location, have had difficulty with the installer finding their game properly. The installer SHOULD work even in non-standard installations but registry corruptions may cause issues. You can try doing a registry fix through whatever utility programs you use, or defragment your hard drive. If the problem persists, download:

1) net.framework 3.5 or later HERE
    2) Squid's kingdoms installer HERE

Run the launcher through the the installation editor and all should be well.

Alternately: If you wish to run RB from another mod folder you can download the RB data folder by itself: HERE and move it into the new mod folder after renaming or deleting the old data folder. If you go this route then please disable the cache in your CGF file:

[io] file_first = true
    disable_file_cache = true

NOTE: You must place the data folder into a mod that works off a CFG file (NOT one of the Kingdoms campaigns--they won't work).

*ReallyBadAI: There are 2 compatability problems that I know of though they are fairly easy to fix. It will require a manual installation of RBAI.

1) Make a copy of Rule Britannia's data/text/export_advice file and add the 2 lines for RBAI to it. Toss out the bin version of data/text/export_advice (retaining the text version) so it will regenerate when the game starts.

These are the lines to add:

Code:
    {G5Script2_Text_01_Text1}G5 Battle AI script is being launched automatically now.
    {G5Script2_Text_01_Title}Launching.
    2) After installing ReallyBadAI's data/export_descr_advice file, find the three entries about converting a settlement from a city to a castle and comment them out like this:

Show Text:
    ;------------------------------------------
    ;Trigger 1118_Construction_Convert_To_Castle_Trigger
    ; WhenToTest RequestBuildingAdvice
    ;
    ; Condition SettlementIsLocal
    ; and AdviseBuild = village_to_wooden_castle
    ;
    ; AdviceThread Construction_Convert_To_Castle_Advice_Thread 1

;Trigger 1119_Construction_Convert_To_Castle_Trigger
    ;
    ; and AdviseBuild = small_town_to_stone_keep
    ;

;Trigger 1120_Construction_Convert_To_Castle_Trigger
    ;
    ; and AdviseBuild = large_town_to_castle
    ;

PLEASE NOTE: As of version 1.7, Rule Britannia will incorporate XAI as a standard component so using ReallyBadAI will be more complicated. Details for the new procedure will be added then.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOTSEAT GAMES:

At this time the Hotseat function is not working. The team is attempting to locate the problem and a hot-fix will be issued as soon as it is resolved.
    Last edited by AJStoner; November 01, 2011 at 11:25 AM.

*MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF HADER* *UNDER THE CRUEL & MERCILESS PATRONAGE OF y2day*

PAiMONiA's Avatar Civis
    Everywhere...Everytime, Realm of Immortals

Default Re: Here There Be Snakes: Bug Reports

I Downloaded the mod and whatnot and double click to run the installer and it tells me it cannot find Medieval 2 total war which makes no sense because i have the retail copy with the expansion only difference is i installed outside of my program files directory would this be an issue is this installer not based on registry checks?

Default Re: Here There Be Snakes: Bug Reports

only difference is i installed outside of my program files directory would this be an issue
    You know, I'm not really sure as I've not experimented with the installer in such a configuration.

I have heard that there is a downloadable application here someplace called "Kingdoms launcher app" that helped a few people who run the game through Steam install it when they were having trouble. I have not used it myself but from what I read it allows you to select paths in more detail; give that a try.

There is also THIS installation editor. It requires net.framework 3.5 or newer but I'm sure that it's top quality since it comes from from Squid.

In the mean time, I will ask around and do some testing.
    Last edited by AJStoner; August 22, 2011 at 10:46 PM. Reason: new info found

PAiMONiA's Avatar Civis
    Everywhere...Everytime, Realm of Immortals

Default Re: Here There Be Snakes: Bug Reports & Tech Help

Thanks I'll Make Sure To Give this a try.

I have asked around and the installer should work even in non-standard installations but registry corruptions may cause it problems. You can try doing a registry fix through whatever utility programs you use or defragment your hard drive. The installation editor mentioned above will do the trick if the issue persists.
    Last edited by AJStoner; August 25, 2011 at 07:29 AM.

Vegas_Bear's Avatar Biarchus

Found a bug and know how to squish it too! See attached photo.

Under "Trait HaleAndHearty" for sickasadog, there is this ; level 8 - invisible. I don't think you can have one level be hidden w/out the whole trait being hidden. So I think level 8 needs to be removed or given a description in export_vnvs. Below is the entry for export_vnvs, shows the same spacing in the photo.

Code:
    {Sickasadog}  HIDDEN
    {Sickasadog_desc}HIDE
    {Sickasadog_effects_desc}HIDE
    VB

Thanks, Vegas. Will fix that now.

Kine's Avatar Libertus

General's strat model didn't appear. I moved my FL into a captain's stack but the model didn't change and remained as a captain. Nothing big. Also other minor issues, see below.

I suspect the general/captain strat model was just a flub, I remember that happened to me one time and went away after they entered either a fort or a city. I was never able to recreate the error so it was likely just "one of those things."

EDIT: The "Highlander Swordsmen" missing short description has been repaired and will be included in the upcoming 1.6 patch.
    Last edited by AJStoner; September 05, 2011 at 09:58 AM.

First off, let me be very frank with you.

This game is unbelievable. This is what Sega SHOULD HAVE DONE when they made the Brittania game. THIS is what the Brittania game should be. But they didn't, and for that, they fail. You, on the other, are superb.

By far, one of the BEST mods out here, and it an an absolute disgrace how almost nobody has heard of this one! Youve changed the entire gameplay and way how this game plays, and you've made it THAT much deeper! Im good at these games, especially on VH/VH, but this proved to be a wonderful challenge and a whole new experience.

I especially loved how the Irish could return to their Druidic pagan roots! The different trade options/buildings and courtroom events enhanced the whole world. Absolutely fantastic job!

There is, one thing, however, which was a disappointment. By the looks of it, it seems we're unable to play a Hotseat. Game crashes every time. Is there a way around this, or is it going to be fixed?

Fantastic job, either way!

I, too be honest, have never played a hot seat game. I assumed that the orig. Britannia code would carry-over since I used it as a base but I will look into this and have any needed updates included in the upcoming 1.6 patch which should be ready by the end of September.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Great stuff AJS. I'll post em as I find em...

The Danes are missing the large unit pic for Norse Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    Great stuff AJS. I'll post em as I find em...

The Danes are missing the large unit pic for Norse Lord.
    Thanks, will be fixed for next patch!

CTD: CS is trying to use a non-existent historic_event merc_army5_barons. It is named merc_army5_barons_alliance in HE.

Oh, and Rome is now located in the Atlantic Ocean. Looks like the Vatican has resurrected and claimed Atlantis.

EDIT:
    Also missing some building tree names in the browser (see attached).
    Last edited by Withwnar; September 18, 2011 at 03:40 AM.

sorry but i get a black screen when I install the mod can anyone help

Quote Originally Posted by boogg View Post
    sorry but i get a black screen when I install the mod can anyone help
    Three quick questions:

1) Does the mod initially install and then do this or does it happen as soon as you try to install?

2) Are you a Steam user?

3) Did you use the installer program or did you use the data method?
    Last edited by AJStoner; September 18, 2011 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    CTD: CS is trying to use a non-existent historic_event merc_army5_barons. It is named merc_army5_barons_alliance in HE.
    Fixed for patch.

Oh, and Rome is now located in the Atlantic Ocean. Looks like the Vatican has resurrected and claimed Atlantis.
    Shhhh...

EDIT:
    Also missing some building tree names in the browser (see attached).
    Still looking into this, never use it myself and didn't think to check.

Quote Originally Posted by AJStoner View Post
    Still looking into this, never use it myself and didn't think to check.
    It seems to be just a bunch of missing xxx_name entries in export_buildings.

Found another missing historic event (CTD): trade_aragon_denmark.

I'm having a blast AJS. It's great to be back in Britain again. Love the Mercenary Guild idea. Those French merchants are an aggressive bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by AJStoner View Post
    Three quick questions:

1) Does the mod initially install and then do this or does it happen as soon as you try to install?

2) Are you a Steam user?

3) Did you use the installer program or did you use the data method?
    it happens after I install and load up the mod when it starts up it goes to black screen. i try running it later but it says problem with rome total war even thought its in the mods with the other kingdoms stuff. its not on steam. i try to use both the installer and data method

i also have the westores and lotr mods any help
    Last edited by boogg; September 19, 2011 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by boogg View Post
    it happens after I install and load up the mod when it starts up it goes to black screen. i try running it later but it says problem with rome total war even thought its in the mods with the other kingdoms stuff. its not on steam. i try to use both the installer and data method

i also have the westores and lotr mods any help
    When you say it tells you there's a problem with "Rome Total War" you meant Medieval, right? Also, are you are playing with the "Kingdoms Expansion" and patched to at least version 1.4?

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast