Superior technical achievements — used correctly both strategically and tactically — can beat any quantity numerically many times stronger yet technically inferior. — General Adolf Galland, Luftwaffe
- Allows for Paratroopers to drop into combat situations - 300,000
- Adept at intercepting enemy bomber formations. Generally used on the defensive. - 100,000
- Primary aircraft flown. - 75,000.
- Larger and sturdier fighter role. Generally created by combining two fighter chassis to be flown by one pilot. They were adept at night missions and destroying bombers. - 200,000.
- Dive bombers/Torpedo Bombers were commonly used as close-support aircraft in land and naval combat. The German Stukka bombers were used during Operation Barbarossa to suffice for the Wehrmacht's lack of self-propelled artillery. Japanese 125,000
- Lighter bombers are generally derived from Single-engine stock. They excel in tactical bombings of ground or naval assets and are more accurate than Medium and Heavy Bombers - 225,000
- Medium bombers are the mainstay of any major bombing force and very flexible in roles, being able to attack ground units tactically, or facilities strategically, though it is not supreme in either. - 275,000
- Heavy bombers are used as strategic bombers, designed to take out enemy factory and halt enemy production - 500,000