Default Re: Total War - Orcs & Humans

Very stylish graphic. I like it.

This mod Still alive?

comrade_general's Avatar 100% Prime Angus Beef

Quote Originally Posted by Shika_mech View Post
    This mod Still alive?
    It's already been released, therefore it will live forever.

hahaha I like that I do alot. So is the mod finished then? Like Complete?

First off, thank you for this mod. Warcraft 1 & 2 were two of my favorite RTS games. I can't seem to get it to work though, I checked your other website forum and this forum, and I didn't see my bug described, so I'll do that here: Installed your mod on a clean vanilla install of Rome Total War Gold Edition (the only version of RTW I own). On starting the game, I see the opening title screen, then get a CTD with an error message that reads: "Script Error in data/descr_settlement_plan.txt, at line 1075, column 9. Unable to find ambient id or building battle description: greek_park_building". Any help would be appreciated, I've installed and played plenty of mods for all the total war games, so I don't believe it's a problem with my computer, but I'll furnish you with whatever information you need.

Tiro

Nice mod!

One little remark. I installed both 0.95 and 0.99 patch. Now I sometimes have a CTD when starting as the humans. Do I need another patch? Is this a known problem?
    Proud winner of the first XCmas contest of the Extended Cultures mod (XC)
    “War does not determine who is right - only who is left.” – Bertrand Russell
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke
    “Where they burn books, they will ultimately burn people also.” – Heinrich Heine
    "You know you're a history fan when you still get upset thinking about the Library of Alexandria." – unknown

comrade_general's Avatar 100% Prime Angus Beef

Quote Originally Posted by Satch234
    First off, thank you for this mod. Warcraft 1 & 2 were two of my favorite RTS games. I can't seem to get it to work though, I checked your other website forum and this forum, and I didn't see my bug described, so I'll do that here: Installed your mod on a clean vanilla install of Rome Total War Gold Edition (the only version of RTW I own). On starting the game, I see the opening title screen, then get a CTD with an error message that reads: "Script Error in data/descr_settlement_plan.txt, at line 1075, column 9. Unable to find ambient id or building battle description: greek_park_building". Any help would be appreciated, I've installed and played plenty of mods for all the total war games, so I don't believe it's a problem with my computer, but I'll furnish you with whatever information you need. .
    You're welcome and thank you! That error sounds like it is referring to a file in the original game files. Do you have any other mods installed that might have changed those files? You might try a complete (delete everything) reinstall of Rome and this mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Judge View Post
    Nice mod!One little remark. I installed both 0.95 and 0.99 patch. Now I sometimes have a CTD when starting as the humans. Do I need another patch? Is this a known problem?
    I haven't released any other patches yet, but this isn't a common problem that others are reporting. It only happens some times?

Tiro

There isn't always a CTD when you start as the humans. It's a bit strange.
    Proud winner of the first XCmas contest of the Extended Cultures mod (XC)
    “War does not determine who is right - only who is left.” – Bertrand Russell
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke
    “Where they burn books, they will ultimately burn people also.” – Heinrich Heine
    "You know you're a history fan when you still get upset thinking about the Library of Alexandria." – unknown

Can anyone upload this Mod to Dropbox and share the link?.. please.. =D

Hey everyone, I'm new yeah and just downloaded ur mod, love it btw. Thing is I can only start a campaign game with orcs, but after I save and quit, and then try to reload the save, it CTDs. The same also happens if I try to start a new campaign with humans. Any clue as to what's wrong. Also, I running this on mac 10.9.4. I realize that almost all of u guys are running this on a pc, just wondering if you could help me out. Thanks

Update: I was able to figure out how to reload a save, it was a scripting error. Basically, I'll have to start a new campaign, double click a settlement, and click on the advisor's portrait, and then reload my old save.

Lt.-Col. Dan's Avatar Tiro

Hello, guys, look what I did to Stormwind Keep. I hope you like it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00018.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	324177

Quote Originally Posted by Lt.-Col. Dan View Post
    Hello, guys, look what I did to Stormwind Keep. I hope you like it.
    Nice!

So, mon Colonel, warcraft themed custom settlements addon coming down the pipeline next?

Ooh, nice! A settlement update and this must surely be perfect?

Installation problem encountered:

" Installation instructions are as follows:

1. Navigate to your main Rome - Total War folder.
    2. Move the folder titled "oh" and into the main Rome - Total War folder.
    3. Go to your desktop and make a copy of your Rome - Total War shortcut.
    4. Rename the shortcut to "Orcs & Humans" (you can change the icon to the one provided that's located inside the "oh" folder).
    5. Right click on this new shortcut, click on Properties and then the Shortcut tab.
    6. In the target line, completely AFTER the quote marks, paste this: -show_err -mod:oh
    Add the space after the quotes, but CHANGE NOTHING INSIDE THE QUOTES!
    7. Close everything up and you're good to go. Have fun! "

At #6: What target line? There are no quote marks or shortcut tab, only an url address: steam://rungameid/4760

Can someone please help me out? Please PM if replying to notify. Thanks in advance!

Indefinitely Banned

Very cool work! + 1 rep.

Great little mod! The odd thing, I played on hard/hard settings, and went full economy as usual to see if that could even work out. The Orcs didn't attack, and my cities swelled, and swelled... At last everything was in revolt since there are no public order improvement buildings. I gathered all my forces and generals and marched on Blackrock Spire, bypassing rebels and orcs and slaughtering where I must. At Stonard, my hosts converged and stormed the city in a bloodbath, and on they went through Hellfire Gates and they took the weakly-defended Blackrock Spire like nothing. Stormwind ascendant! So it seemed, though with -38 000 gold national debt. At this point, something funny happened. Hellfire Gate rebelled, and a full-strength rebel army took over the fortifications. I was trapped, and could not break out. The armies died one by one and melted together as they bashed themselves bloody against the gate, and finally managed to break out on the very last attempt through sheer attrition. Then, my remnants of generals' bodyguards ran amok over the Blasted Wastes and Swamps of Sorrows, killing peons and exterminating conquered towns. At last they fell to the Orcish main army, and I threw away my last generals in the last Human town against some rebels. What a game.

So, even with the strange Orcish pacifism (they never once marched on my core lands, only responded to my encroachments) and the public disorder, it made for a memorable game. Should this mod ever get revisited, there might be areas for improvements. Bloody great job, this was a fun mod with a good pace to it!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345