Thread: [RS 2.1a] Life and Politics in Gaul Submod (LPG)

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

Default [RS 2.1a] Life and Politics in Gaul Submod (LPG)

Life and Politics in Gaul (LPG)
    submod for RS 2.1a

WHAT IS NEW?

A brand new traits and ancillaries system for the Arverni in Roma Surrectum including:
    1. Education system to train warriors and governors (see schematic representation below).
    2. Civil and military service sytem that counts up to 25 years. It will not be possible to have supergenerals that become supergovernors in a heartbeat without the proper education. Education will restrict your general's future career options.
    3. Generals (not the Faction Heir or Faction Leader) can become vassal kings for one of the 19 vassal tribes.
    4. Warriors can raid when in enemy lands.
    5. Wealth system that tracks how much wealth a warrior has gathered by sacking and raiding.
    6. New ancillaries (25) excluding Tribal Regalia for every vassal tribe. In total: 40+ new ancillaries
    7. Miscellaneous new traits such as "High King", "Homesick", "Warriors at his call" and "Rival to High King"
    Education system

Information

Wealth system

Information

Vassal kings system

Information

These are the cities and their respective tribes:
    • Bibracte - Aedui
    • Avaricum - Bituriges
    • Lemonum - Pictones
    • Nemausus - Volcae Tectosages
    • Aginnon - Volcae Arecomici
    • Massalia - Saluvii
    • Vindonissa - Helvetii
    • Lugdunon - Segusiavi
    • Vesontio - Sequani
    • Darioritum - Veneti
    • Cenabum - Aulerci
    • Drurocortoron - Remi
    • Bratuspantion - Bellovaci
    • Nemetacum - Atrebati
    • Bagacum - Nervii
    • Taurasia - Taurini
    • Mediolanon - Insubres
    • Genoa - Ligures
    • Camulodunon - Trinovantes
    These all give some influence and some management bonuses.

The Belgic tribes (Bellovaci, Atrebati, Nervii) give an extra infantry command bonus.
    The Remi give an extra cavalry command bonus.
    The Veneti give an extra trade income bonus

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION

Current version: 1.0
    Platform: RTW - RS2.1a

Download link:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3463

Installation
    1. Unzip the rar file
    2. Make back-ups of the following files in your original RS 2.1a !!!!
    • Play_Arverni/data/export_descr_ancillaries
    • Play_Arverni/data/export_descr_character_traits
    • Play_Arverni/data/text/export_ancillaries
    • Play_Arverni/data/text/export_VnVs
    3. Copy and paste the Data folder and the Play_Arverni folder into the Roma Surrectum II folder
    4. That's it! Start playing.

Note: You MUST start a new campaign!!! You will probably CTD if you don't!

CREDITS

Coding: Boustrophedon (me)
    2D art: see below
    Testing: General Brittanicus

Special Thanks to:

-dvk, tone, and the rest of the RSII development and beta test teamFor making their stunning mod for the enjoyment of the community.

-General Brittanicus
    For being very supportive when this was all just concept, doing all the testing and spotting my errors in spelling, coding and balance. Has also done a fine job of keeping me motivated!

-Squid
    For his invaluable tool ATVTW that saved me much time and effort, his patience and his help with solving my coding dillemmas.

- Kahvipannu
    For some of his artwork that I used in the ancillaries - 13 pictures (the ones with a special background)
    This is the link.

- Hero of the West
    For some of his artwork that I used in the ancillaries - 9 pictures (the ones with the template background)
    This is the link.

- BareBonesWars
    For the idea of civil-military service traits. I expanded on their work but I'm indebted to them for the trick when triggering the different traits.

- TWC
    For being a stimulating environment full of helpful and amazing people!

Citizen

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] Life and Politics in Gaul Submod (LPG)

reserved

Yay! It's been released . I recommend this to all RS fans - it makes playing with the Arverni a lot more fun and interesting, so you should definitely all be downloading it. Oh and some rep for the release!

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

This looks interesting guys,will surely try this! +reps

I assume this i 0 turn...is there a 1-turn version planned?

Looks very good!

/edit: When I finished turn 1, my national leader became rival to the high king, rival to himself so to speak...bug?
    Last edited by DeWitt8; August 17, 2011 at 11:17 AM.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by General Brittanicus View Post
    Yay! It's been released . I recommend this to all RS fans - it makes playing with the Arverni a lot more fun and interesting, so you should definitely all be downloading it. Oh and some rep for the release!
    Thanks man it's far from perfect but it is of course still version 1.0 ^^

Quote Originally Posted by MorganH. View Post
    This looks interesting guys,will surely try this! +reps
    Thanks Peter!

Quote Originally Posted by DeWitt8 View Post
    It does not affect recruitment so it should be compatible with both 0-turn and 1-turn recruitment.

Looks very good!
    Thanks man!

/edit: When I finished turn 1, my national leader became rival to the high king, rival to himself so to speak...bug?
    I'm aware of this problem. Unfortunately I have no idea how to fix it Whenever you get a new faction leader (or at the start of a new campaign) he receives the trait and then when you hit end-turn button it disappears. I'm trying to figure out how to fix this issue.

Looks very good!

Hmmm... yes when i was testing I came across this as well, but it seemed to occur randomly. For example i started one campaign and got it first turn, but then didn't have a problem with it the next campaign i started. The trait should disappear if you press end turn again i believe though (It did for me).

Freaking awesome
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

This feels really new and good!

Another thing to think about could be the nobleman system. Naturally I send all my new family members which should become governors to Cenabum. Now they all become noblemen of this particular tribe. Does this trait go away when they leave the city or if one of them is made king in the capital?
    If yes, forget what i wrote...

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by century x View Post
    Freaking awesome
    Thanks man

This feels really new and good!

Another thing to think about could be the nobleman system. Naturally I send all my new family members which should become governors to Cenabum. Now they all become noblemen of this particular tribe. Does this trait go away when they leave the city or if one of them is made king in the capital?
    If yes, forget what i wrote...
    No, it does not go away but I can fix that relatively easy. If you want I can upload a new file where the governors lose the "Nobleman of the Aulerci" trait if they complete their education or something like that. You know what I'll edit the files a bit so that only warriors can become nobleman and kings Seems only logical, no?

Hmm I don't know...

Wouldn't that end in having governors in most cities who are no kings nor noblemen, and the actual kings on campaign with armies? I mean there's no use of warrior education besides commanding armies of course, so I wouldn't give any man a warrior education if I have no army to use him with. (Implied I'm not doing roleplay with small warbands or more than one general per army). Which means I usually have much less kings or noblemen in the game then I could have. And no king governing his own city (tribe).

Hope i'm not confusing you. Do whatever you think is right

/edit: Played a few more turns, now the consequence of the problem above is a governor becoming king of the aulerci and king of something else on the same turn. I think these traits should exclude each other, also the noblemen traits, or gaining one make losing the other. Don't know if you can specify unique traits, I don't know anything about scripting either unfortunately, just some basic structure.

My attempt to add a line which reduces the KingAulerci trait when leaving the settlement as long as the level is under 2 (that's king, right?) ended in CTD. What did I expect?
    So this is just a bug report for you!
    Last edited by DeWitt8; August 18, 2011 at 02:11 PM.

Citizen

Hmm I don't know...

Wouldn't that end in having governors in most cities who are no kings nor noblemen, and the actual kings on campaign with armies? I mean there's no use of warrior education besides commanding armies of course, so I wouldn't give any man a warrior education if I have no army to use him with. (Implied I'm not doing roleplay with small warbands or more than one general per army). Which means I usually have much less kings or noblemen in the game then I could have. And no king governing his own city (tribe).
    I don't really understand what you are trying to say here. Your kings should never be used for governing though. They need the druid education to do this and that means you have to send him to Cenabum for 20 turns. Then the warrior education is another long wait so it's best to keep your kings as generals and your noblemen as governors. It's also impossible to have a governor who's not a nobleman.

/edit: Played a few more turns, now the consequence of the problem above is a governor becoming king of the aulerci and king of something else on the same turn. I think these traits should exclude each other, also the noblemen traits, or gaining one make losing the other. Don't know if you can specify unique traits, I don't know anything about scripting either unfortunately, just some basic structure.
    I'm working on the exclusion but it's quite a bit of extra coding. The unique traits do exist but they can only be given either by script or at the beginning of a campaign and they are called orphan traits (because they have no triggers) iirc.

My attempt to add a line which reduces the KingAulerci trait when leaving the settlement as long as the level is under 2 (that's king, right?) ended in CTD. What did I expect?
    So this is just a bug report for you!
    Level 2 is king yes. What line did you add? This is what you should have in the conditions if you want to do this:
    Code:
    and not EndedInSettlement
    and Trait KingAulerci = 1

Affects KingAulerci -50  Chance  100
    I'm working on a new version that fixes some of the things you mentioned:

- once a nobleman of a tribe, a general can no longer become a nobleman of any other tribe
    - once a general leaves Cenabum he has to become king of the aulerci in 2 turns or else he loses his status as nobleman
    - fixing the civil service trait (it's stuck at year 17)
    - removing a few traits and adding a few new ones

Waiting for the new version....

Citizen

Waiting for the new version....
    I'm working on it but I have girlfriend troubles. We have arguements all the time but this time it might be for real

Piece of advice: In that case skip this silly computer game modding and playing. There are more important things in life.