Life and Politics in Gaul (LPG)
submod for RS 2.1a

WHAT IS NEW?

A brand new traits and ancillaries system for the Arverni in Roma Surrectum including:
  1. Education system to train warriors and governors (see schematic representation below).
  2. Civil and military service sytem that counts up to 25 years. It will not be possible to have supergenerals that become supergovernors in a heartbeat without the proper education. Education will restrict your general's future career options.
  3. Generals (not the Faction Heir or Faction Leader) can become vassal kings for one of the 19 vassal tribes.
  4. Warriors can raid when in enemy lands.
  5. Wealth system that tracks how much wealth a warrior has gathered by sacking and raiding.
  6. New ancillaries (25) excluding Tribal Regalia for every vassal tribe. In total: 40+ new ancillaries
  7. Miscellaneous new traits such as "High King", "Homesick", "Warriors at his call" and "Rival to High King"
Education system

Information

Wealth system

Information

Vassal kings system

Information

These are the cities and their respective tribes:
  • Bibracte - Aedui
  • Avaricum - Bituriges
  • Lemonum - Pictones
  • Nemausus - Volcae Tectosages
  • Aginnon - Volcae Arecomici
  • Massalia - Saluvii
  • Vindonissa - Helvetii
  • Lugdunon - Segusiavi
  • Vesontio - Sequani
  • Darioritum - Veneti
  • Cenabum - Aulerci
  • Drurocortoron - Remi
  • Bratuspantion - Bellovaci
  • Nemetacum - Atrebati
  • Bagacum - Nervii
  • Taurasia - Taurini
  • Mediolanon - Insubres
  • Genoa - Ligures
  • Camulodunon - Trinovantes
These all give some influence and some management bonuses.

The Belgic tribes (Bellovaci, Atrebati, Nervii) give an extra infantry command bonus.
The Remi give an extra cavalry command bonus.
The Veneti give an extra trade income bonus

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION

Current version: 1.0
Platform: RTW - RS2.1a

Download link:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3463

Installation
1. Unzip the rar file
2. Make back-ups of the following files in your original RS 2.1a !!!!
  • Play_Arverni/data/export_descr_ancillaries
  • Play_Arverni/data/export_descr_character_traits
  • Play_Arverni/data/text/export_ancillaries
  • Play_Arverni/data/text/export_VnVs
3. Copy and paste the Data folder and the Play_Arverni folder into the Roma Surrectum II folder
4. That's it! Start playing.

Note: You MUST start a new campaign!!! You will probably CTD if you don't!

CREDITS

Coding: Boustrophedon (me)
2D art: see below
Testing: General Brittanicus

Special Thanks to:

-dvk, tone, and the rest of the RSII development and beta test teamFor making their stunning mod for the enjoyment of the community.

-General Brittanicus
For being very supportive when this was all just concept, doing all the testing and spotting my errors in spelling, coding and balance. Has also done a fine job of keeping me motivated!

-Squid
For his invaluable tool ATVTW that saved me much time and effort, his patience and his help with solving my coding dillemmas.

- Kahvipannu
For some of his artwork that I used in the ancillaries - 13 pictures (the ones with a special background)
This is the link.

- Hero of the West
For some of his artwork that I used in the ancillaries - 9 pictures (the ones with the template background)
This is the link.

- BareBonesWars
For the idea of civil-military service traits. I expanded on their work but I'm indebted to them for the trick when triggering the different traits.

- TWC
For being a stimulating environment full of helpful and amazing people!