Thread: Shimazu extra powerful "one man samurai unit"

Icon10 Shimazu extra powerful "one man samurai unit"

Konnichiwa minnasan,

The game's so called "samurai heroes" can now go to bed!
    Here comes the real samurai hero we were all waiting for!

Disclaimer: Before you say something, yes, this mod is a joke. I didnt do it in order to be balanced, challenging, or anything. Use it, have a god laugh with it, that's all

So, what does this mod do?
    It transforms the Shimazy samurai unit of 160 men into a one man samurai unit, extra powerful, with extra armor and resistance, able to kill almost any other soldier of the game in one strike of his katana.

Can it be used in a campaign too?
    Yes. You build and control them as Shimazy, and will have to fight against them as other clans (here comes the challenge hehe)

So, basicaly, what can such a unit kill?
    It can totally destroy one unit of Ashigaru, with ease. Against two units of katana samurai or yari samurai it will have difficulties. I'll need to test it further but I think it can destroy in melee any unit of the game.

Ok, so you made a god mod?
    Yes and no. Against archers it will die pretty fast: Focus fire on it with all your archers and it will die. As it is a one man unit, destroying the samurai will destroy the unit (call me mr obvious), it's the biggest weakness of the unit. A powerfull cavalry charge will probably kill it too.

What's the point of such a mod?
    There's none. Having fun, enjoying fully the animations of one samurai, playing a kind a samurai hero à la manga,
    and with the mod you'll finally hear the samurai yell "Urusai!" (shut up) while he finishes to kill his screaming enemies haha.

Have fun and happy killing!
    Last edited by Gauloisier de la Gauloiserie; August 16, 2011 at 10:57 AM.
    Ceci est une signature

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Default Re: Shimazu extra powerful "one man samurai unit"

Ha! Now that is cool! I might try him out in a custom battle. +rep!

Ah and yes:
    another weakness of the "unit" is that despite its power, it kills slowly. It takes a very long time for it to destroy even one unit of ashigaru. And the ashigaru wont run away (as fighting only one man). I think that technically one unit of ashigaru "tanking" it, and another unit of bow ashigaru focus firing can kill the super samurai in less than 10 seconds.

EDIT after further testing:
    In a 10 units vs 10 units custom battle, with the enemy having a somehow "standard" army, with a nice mix of cavalry, spear, katana and archers, a full spam of those godly samurais will fail. The archers of the enemy by themselves are able to focus fire and obliterate the super samurais...
    In fact, it seems that these units are only usefull if sent in a existing melee, to defend a building (?) or behind a wall in a casle defense.
    Last edited by Gauloisier de la Gauloiserie; August 16, 2011 at 01:28 PM.
    Ceci est une signature

Might be a different story with DMS's unhoming missiles and a bit of stealth (use forests) to get close enough to limit archer exposure. Once in melee 20 men should be too hard for archers to really hit. Id even predict that enemy archers would become a liability since they wont stop shooting, killing many of their own men.

Ill give it a shot tonight.
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

Icon10 Re: Shimazu extra powerful "one man samurai unit"

Yeah, My Heavy Gunner had a very short fun with the Super Samurai ---> one shot one kill Good work Heavy Gunners! Cant wait to see more of them!!!

With Melee 100000 Charge Bonus 100000 Defence 100000 Morale 100000 and Armor 100000 he still win against 5000 Katana Heros or 5000 Bow Samurai, but my 80 men of Heavy Gunner kill him with one shot!!! boring I hope next time the Super Samurai hold longer!

Good Idea

great mod, !! I will definitely use this, is this compatible with DMS?

and is it recruit-able by all clans? or just the Shimazu?

It's only usable with Shimazu in its current state. If you want me to make it available for another clan just ask (and tell me which unit shall I transform into the "super hero samurai", as it is a modified unit, not a new one)

It will work with DMS I think.
    Ceci est une signature

Thanks for the reply, I was planning to create my own unit but unfortunately I dont know how to do it. the last time I tried modding was with Rome total war,

I was hoping that I could make A unit preferably a Bow unit or a Naginata unit to become a super human warrior. I want it to be recruitable by only my clan and be used in the campaign mode with DMS as a mod.

Do you know where I could find a tutorial or someone who could teach me how to edit a unit or create one. thanks in advance

Thats awwwwwwesome!!!!

I would love it if you dont mind to do the same hero for Oda and to be on the horse (cavalry) so I will have the choice to dismount him but I dont want him to be a general because he will have that thing on his back :s lmao

just if you can name him nobunaga oda I would be most appreciated ))

btw,if you cant make him on horse just make a hero for "Date" so he would look like Masamune date from Basara

thanks again and it was a great thing you did

I tested the mod out a bit to see if it would help my Lone Samurai mod but, alas, this mod has the same problem. The shimazy tends to disband after a battle in campaign.

Xorte-Renshe's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Shibata View Post
    I tested the mod out a bit to see if it would help my Lone Samurai mod but, alas, this mod has the same problem. The shimazy tends to disband after a battle in campaign.
    Blasted! I was just about to ask how he would get them to not disband! Haha, oh well, Shibata... You and I are still out of luck, I guess.

How did you fight against ashigaru? when I used an entire army of them vs your single soldier he killed 5 and they ALL ran away. D:

Lord Senne's Avatar Foederatus

sound fun

How do I download the unit? I am trying to make a one "man" dragon unit for THird Age Total War, keep getting more than one on the battlefield. Looking for the secret, or any tips. Thanks!

hello. i just wondeded how do you download this?

I wanna try this one

Any pics?

a