Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Anton's Banner, Visual and Clan-swapping Overhaul [v1.7] - Include's seven new clans (Nagao, Nanbu, Sanada, Akechi, Shiina, Red Devils, Suwa), ROTS minor clans added to custom battles, loading screens, historical battle map and more!

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Icon3 Anton's Banner, Visual and Clan-swapping Overhaul [v1.7] - Include's seven new clans (Nagao, Nanbu, Sanada, Akechi, Shiina, Red Devils, Suwa), ROTS minor clans added to custom battles, loading screens, historical battle map and more!

Anton's Banner, Visual and Clan-swapping Overhaul
    *New banner to come eventually. It was starting to seem a bit plain*

There are three elements of this mod that merit a simplified note. The first is banners. This has always been the appealing part of the mod. This started out with individual banner mods, namely Takeda Shingen's "Furinkazan" banner. I expanded to a few others before creating a mod with everything I have created at that point due to the prospect of those mods being incompatible with each other. Hence, we have the origins of this mod. The second element of the mod is the general visual additions. At first this was to help impliment new banners that have a crest change. Take my Ashikaga banner as an example. I was compelled to use the same clan crest that I used on the banner in other parts of the game, so I applied it as such. I have expanded on the visual part of the mod, however, to change things like the 'historical battles' map, unit icon backgrounds, experience chevrons, and no doubt numerous other things! The third element of the mod is 'clan-swapping'. This idea was an off-shoot of my banner changes, however it expands into changing the name of a clan - one example is the Anegakoji - and replacing it with another. In this mod, I changed the Anegakoji to the Sanada clan by not only swapping out the Anegakoji banner and crests, but changing the Anegakoji text entries. Pretty neat, huh? Another cool addition seen in v1.7 and onwards is completely new clans seen in custom battles! I am always expanding on the mod with every new version, which, to variable extents, cover each of the aforementioned three elements of the mod.

The contents of the current build (Version V1.7) -Seven new clans: the Nagao, Nanbu, Sanada, Akechi, Shiina and Suwa clans and the Red Devils. This part of the mod is basically an overhaul of the Uesugi, Date, Anegakoji, Saito and Jinbo clans. All right, so they aren't ‘new’ clans, but the changes made will give you the impression they are new clans. I made use of some of the files that can already be found in the game files, for example the mon that shows up on the sashimono and the old Ikko-ikki banner. The rest is completely new. The Red Devils and Suwa clans are for custom battles only.
    -Three old factions absent from the campaign are now a part of it! These clans are the Ukita, Kuroda and Hosokawa, replacing the Urakami, Bessho and Hatano clans respectively. Hosokawa was a bit of a stretch, but they deserve a presence in the campaign. As of v1.6, the Ukita have a custom banner and visuals.
    -All unique factions playable in custom battles. This also fixes the problem where the Amako clan kamon would show up as the clan mon for the Asano, Ishida, Kobayakawa, Kuroda, Ukita and Wako clans. Cheers to 'The Hedge Knight' for introducing the original idea to the community. And don't worry. I threw the Date on top of the Mogami, so instead of having the Date and Mogami, you now have the Nanbu and Date! Best thing is, the Nanbu are playable. As of the 27th of September patch, this has been expanded to the RotS minor clans.
    -Twenty-four new clan banners for the following clans: Ashikaga, Hojo, Ikko-ikki, Nagao, Oda, Shimazu, Takeda, Tokugawa, Kiso, Mori, Murakami, Otomo, Ouchi, Yamanouchi, Nanbu, Satake, Sakai, Sanada, Akechi, Shiina, Ukita and Portugal. Specific banner changes are as follows:
    ---The Ashikaga banner now has their clan kamon
    ---The Hojo have an alternate black and white banner
    ---The Ikko-ikki has a red banner with a gold sotoba.
    ---The Nagao banner bears their clan kamon, the Kuyo Tomoe
    ---The Oda has Oda Nobunaga's Eiraku Tusho banner
    ---The Shimazu banner is Yoshihisa's nobori.
    ---The Takeda has Takeda Shingen's Furinkazan banner. The current banner in the mod is the second version with a red banner background.
    ---The Tokugawa has Tokugawa Ieyasu's Onreido Gonhujoudo banner
    ---The Kiso now has their clan kamon on their banner
    ---The Mori now has Motonari's hata-jirushi banner
    ---The Murakami now has Yoshikiyo's nobori banner
    ---The Otomo have a blue Gyouyou kamon and a christian cross below it, which is seen over a light-blue banner background
    ---The Ouchi has Yoshitaka's hata-jirushi
    ---The Yamanouchi has Tadayoshi's nobori
    ---The Portuguese have a white flag with their shield as the crest.
    ---The Nanbu have the old Ikko-ikki banner, which has their clan kamon on it.
    ---The Satake now has three yellow fans instead of one red one. The banner background is now purple. This is based on Yoshinobu's nobori.
    ---The Sakai now has a red and black banner with a yellow crest. This is a variation based on Yasutoshi's nobori and sashimono visuals.
    ---The Ukita now have a historical 'purple' banner background.
    ---The Sanada have the gold Rokumonsen crest on a red banner.
    ---The Akechi have their clan crest (derived from the Toki-shi) on a light-blue/green banner.
    ---The Shiina have their leaf crest.
    ---The Red Devils have their tachibana crest.
    ---The Suwa clan have their tree (can't think of the name right now) crest.
    -High resolution banners for the Sanada, Akechi, Shiina, Suwa, Red Devils and Standard rebels. With the debug camera these really look amazing!
    -The rebellion revolution. All three rebels (standard, buddhist and christian) all have a unique banner, crests, the works!
    -Eleven new custom sashimono kamons for the Ashikaga, Kiso, Nanbu, Sakai, Sanada, Akechi, Shiina and Ikko-ikki clans, the Buddhist and Christian rebels and the Portuguese. The Nagao also have an alternate sashimono, but this was part of the game files so I didn't actually create it.
    -A new black unit card background. It is based on the avatar veterans' background, with the colour significantly darkened whilst still retaining that worn material effect.
    -More subtle experience chevrons. These fit nicely with the black unit card background.
    -Six loading screens, two of them being for land and naval battles. They depict the following:
    -The Battle of Sekigahara
    -A mounted Kenshin attacking a sitting Shingen
    -Mitsuhide's assault on Honno-ji
    -The May 7, 1615 assault on Osaka (The Siege of Osaka)
    -The Fourth Battle of Kawanakajima
    -The Battle of Dan-no-ura
    *Note: The Kawanakajima is now a higher-resolution image as of v1.6*
    -Historical Battles map. By map, I don't mean the ones you fight with soldiers and all that. I'm talking about the map that is used to refer to particular locations whereat the historical battles were fought.
    -A generals unit pack containing 11 generals have been added to the game. More to come.
    -Some re-colouring with faction and banner/sashimono colours to better suit the new visuals that this mod introduces. Not all clans have been re-coloured. This includes a tweak to the Buddhist rebels that completely removes the grey colour scheme that the vanilla game brings. I have introduced a significant clan uniform change to the shimazu; their soldiers wear slightly dark blue clothes/armour. The changes also include two sets of RGB values for the Takeda and Tokugawa found in Demokritos' ACC modification (scroll down to 'credits' for the link).
    -Replacement of the agent faction icons. These are the icons that you can see above the agent. Not all clans have this.
    -Clan-specific effect icons changed for specific playable factions: the Hojo, Nagao and Nanbu.
    -Twelve new and/or alternate kamon's for the Ashikaga, Hojo, Ikko-ikki, Nagao, Nanbu, Satake, Sakai, Sanada, Akechi and Shiina clans and the Christian and Buddhist rebels. You may have figured this, but because I use clan kamon’s for the Ashikaga, Hojo, Ikko-ikki and Nagao clans’ banners, I also made sure you could see the same kamon in places like diplomacy and clan management. This is the particular part I’m referring to when I say “new and/or alternate kamon’s”. The colours of the most recent Ikko-ikki crest are based on the v1.2 banner (red banner background with a gold sotoba).
    -Custom buttons for the clan selection screen for the Nagao, Nanbu, Ikko-ikki and Shimazu. The Hojo still have their blue-white combination after considering my buttons don't look as good as CA's, so I decided to leave that one there for now.
    Andy's resource and agent icons are a part of the mod. See credits for more information.
    -Text-based changes that enforce the changes made for the Nagao, Date, Nanbu, Ukita, Hosokawa, Kuroda, Sanada, Akechi and Shiina clans. For example, all Nagao generals will be called Nagao xxxx and Uesugi Kenshin will be known as Nagao Kagetora. You'll see other changes throughout the game, but just to note there may occasionally be and out-of-place term pop up every now and then. I'll look to fix that up as much as possible in future updates.
    -A new portrait for the Nanbu daimyo. There might be other instances of a vanilla portrait, but this should deal with most cases.
    -Banner borders fix. On top of the unit type icons and strength bar fixes, I now have one for those pesky banner borders.

Important information I: Regarding Fixes The three fixes completely remove particular things. The strength bar fix removes those strength bars so as not to cover up parts of the banners. The borders fix removes the borders from the big floating banners in battles. The unit type icons fix removes the unit type icons from the battle banners (they are seen somewhere around the centre of the banner). Most banners I tried to work with the game mechanics, but there are exceptions. The Tokugawa and Takeda banners, for example, take up pretty much all the room on the banners, and so if you want to see their banners in all their glory, these fixes will let you to do that. Other than that, the fixes serve no purpose. In fact, if you aren't all that concerned with the occasional Tokugawa/Takeda banner being covered up (you could be playing a different clan) then I do suggest you avoid using the fixes. The 'strength bar' fix is found in "Anton's Banner Overhaul Mod [x].rar". "x" means the current version. Scroll down to the download button which links to this mod's download page and download the .rar file with the strength bar pack file in it. The same goes for the other two fixes, however more must be noted. They are in a folder in the .rar file, named "Banner Border & Unit Type Icons Fixes (USE ONLY ONE)". I said USE ONLY ONE in capital letters, which means it must be important! Each individual fixes conflicts with each other, so if you want both, use the pack file with "Unit Type Icons and Borders Fix.pack" at the end of the file name. If you are not sure about how to use these, simply ignore them for now.

For those who want to use them, simply put any of the pack files you want into your S2 data folder and let the game do the rest.

Important Information II: Regarding Compatibility With Other Modifications I have to be realistic here. I can't tell you every modification that will or will not work with this one, but I can note a few that I have confirmed personally:
    -.Mitch.'s "All Clans Playable" modification. There is something you will need to know. I have renamed and rebannered a few clans, so remember the following:
    ---the Urakami pack file will allow you to play as the Ukita clan,
    ---the Mogami pack file will let you play as the Date,
    ---the Hatano pack file will let you play as the Hosokawa,
    ---the Bessho pack file will let you play as the Kuroda,
    ---the Saito pack file will let you play as the Akechi,
    ---the Anegakoji pack file will let you play as the Sanada,
    ---the Jinbo pack file will let you play as the Shiina.
    -"Less Shiny/Glossy Units".

Possibly compatible mods, based on what I believe they modify:
    -Any Radious mod that is not the 'Recolour Mod'.
    -The main DarthMod pack file. The optional files he provides may conflict.
    -AUM units. This is provided you are using the individual mod. Any combination of mods may not work.
    -Unit Variety Mod. (I'm more reluctant to say this may work, but I had a quick look and it doesn't seem to conflict for the time being.)

Here are mods known to be incompatible:
    -Anton's and Radious' Recolour Mod. I should know, right?
    -Demokritos' ACC mod.

A decent rule of thumb on the topic is this: any visual mod has a decent chance of conflicting with my mod. It won't cause crashes, but, depending on what pack file the game chooses to prioritize, content will not show up the way it should. Anything that edits stats (like the core DarthMod) will not be a problem. Let me know if you have compatibilities or incompatibilities, particularly with other visual modifications.

Important Information III: Regarding the 'All Factions Playable' Mod Attached Below In the 'attached files' section at the end of this post, there is a file entitled "All Factions Playable.rar". This is not to be used with my overhaul mod. I cannot stress that point enough. I uploaded this to my post for the sake of allowing people to play with all clans without my overhaul mod. If you do use this with my overhaul mod, you will find it overwrites some of the things in that overhaul. There is no reasonable justification for doing this, as my overhaul includes custom battle clan unlocks so that we can enjoy the changes much quicker. So, best not use both!

As of the 27th of September, 2011, this has been expanded to include the Rise of the Samurai minor clans.

General Information Regarding Mod Examples Here I would usually give you a bunch of screenshots, but this is fairly annoying because there are a huge amount of them. Attached to this thread is a .rar file entitled 'Screenshots.rar'. It contains a bunch of screens, sorted by faction name (except for 'ikko-ikki vs nagao'), that exemplify the changes made by the mod. This was made for the initial v1.0 release, so some of it is outdated. I am intending to create a new part of this post that shows every banner change, but it may not show up amazingly quick. Bear with me on that.

Download The links below will take you to one of two official download pages. The first listed one is for the main version and the second is for the basic version.

Click here to download the main version of the overhaul mod.
    Click here to download the basic version of the overhaul mod.

As usual, the .pack files go into S2's data folder. Simply extract the files into that data folder and you're good to go.

I'm always eager to hear what YOU think, so let me know!

---------------------

Change-log
    V1.7 CHANGES -Compatibility changes for the September 27th/Rise of the Samurai patch.
    -Two new clans for custom battles: The Red Devils and the Suwa clan. This covers banners, crests, and soldier colours.
    -'Rise of the Samurai' minor clans playable in custom battles.
    -The standard rebels have been further changed to cover crests (the old Ashikaga crests) and re-colourings. As of v1.7, there are no more horrid grey rebels!
    -A generals unit set for custom battles. This adds 10 generals spanning the Ashikaga, Ishida, Kobayakawa, Ogigayatsu, Hojo, Nagao, Takeda and Imagawa clans that were already in the game files, as well as appropriations that allow both Nanbu Harumasa and Date Masamune to be used in custom battles.
    -The agent icon for the Sanada has been fixed.
    -The Sanada, Akechi, Shiina and Suwa clans, Red Devils and Standard Rebels have higher quality banners. The change may not be noticed all that well, but trust me, it looks much better, especially in the game files!
    -AndyTotalGamer's resource icons added.
    -(An ommition) The more subtle unit card borders for armies and navies have been removed, reverting them to vanilla ones.

Thread Update I have again cleaned up the thread. One of the major updates was removing W-I-P content boxes as they were somewhat clutter-some.

V1.6 CHANGES -Three new campaign clans: the Sanada, Akechi and Shiina clans. All clan changes include a new banner, new crests and text-based changes (text changes include replacing the names of the clan, starting daimyo and, if they are a major clan, any/all clan-specific units and text changes in the clan selection menu.
    -A visual overhaul of the Ukita faction. I have firstly darkened the banner as per numerous historical sources. The same changes were applied to the numerous crests and I have also recoloured the Ukita soldiers.
    -The old Ashikaga banner (red circle, plain background) has been repurposed into the standard rebels banner.
    -Agent icons: appropriate changes have been made to the Shimazu, Kiso, Ikko-ikki, Ukita, Hosokawa, Kuroda, Sanada, Akechi and Shiina clans.
    -Previously changed banners' edges have been polished; the Ashikaga banner has been tweaked for visual satisfaction.
    -The territorial divisions map (top-hand side on the campaign map UI) uses new colours for some clans: Sakai, Ikko-ikki, Sanada, Akechi, Shiina & Ukita.
    -A higher resolution background image for the battle loading screen, which depicts the Fourth Battle of Kawanakajima.
    -AndyTotalGamer's 'banner agent icons' mod has been added to this mod (original mod thread here).

I have also created a basic version of the mod. It has all the banner changes and every visual addition that is needed to support those banner changes, but everything else like loading screens, custom historical battle map and so on are omitted. Download link is at the bottom of this post.

V1.5 CHANGES Banners
    -The Shimazu banner (v2). This one is finally historically based.

Colours and crests
    -The primary colour of the Shimazu is now blue. I made appropriate changes to the crest, sashimono, clan selection menu and other places. You may notice something: there are actually two versions of the Shimazu crest, the difference being the blue and the white swapped around.
    -The Ikko-ikki crest was really starting to bug me now that I have the Nanbu firmly in the game. Resultingly, the Ikko-ikki crest is now a red circle in a gold-looking circle. The numerous versons of the Ikko-ikki crest have been changed, as well as the clan selection buttons.
    -The Nanbu have their black-and-white crest in the clan selection menu. Humourously, I didn't actually make it. The Ikko-ikki have a few playable clan-specific things in the data.pack, one of the few packs that have not changed since release, these buttons included. I am talking about the black-and-white theme, not the black-and-vomit (Heh heh...) theme. (Hmm... I hate making the argument that developers take out content for extra content, but the bits of evidence... )

Imagery
    -An alternate map for the Historical Battles section. It is a Meiji period woodblock scan. I'm not completely happy with it, probably because it isn't polished as much as I'd like, so expect some tweaks in a future release.

UI
    -More subtle unit card borders and experience chevrons. The XP chevrons sit well with the black unit card background.

Fixes and Tweaks
    -Those borders around the edge of the hata jirushi equivalent (I'm just going to call them that; emulating heraldry isn't one of S2's strongest elements) finally got to me, so I'm providing a fix for that. This actually conflicts with the unit type icons fix, so you will find three pack files. You must choose only one of the following: "Unit Type Icons Fix", "Borders Fix" or "Unit Type Icons and Borders Fix."
    -Date crest on the Nanbu daimyo is gone. I will apply a more appropriate one soon.

V1.4 CHANGES Three old factions absent from the campaign are now a part of it! These clans are the Ukita, Kuroda and Hosokawa, replacing the Urakami, Bessho and Hatano clans respectively. Hosokawa was a bit of a stretch, but they deserve a presence in the campaign.

A new black unit card background. It is based on the avatar veterans' background, with the colour significantly darkened whilst still retaining that worn material effect.

Six loading screens, two of them being for land and naval battles. They depict the following:
    -The Battle of Sekigahara
    -A mounted Kenshin attacking a sitting Shingen
    -Mitsuhide's assault on Honno-ji
    -The May 7, 1615 assault on Osaka (The Siege of Osaka)
    -The Fourth Battle of Kasugayama
    -The Battle of Dan-no-ura

V1.31 CHANGES A little tiny thing that I thought I'd add before I start working on v1.4: a new portrait for the Nanbu daimyo.

V1.3 CHANGES A new clan:
    -The Nanbu. This clan takes the place of Date, who in turn take the place of Mogami. This also makes use of old Ikko-ikki files, which use the Nanbu kamon. Note:Mogami will no longer be seen in the game with this mod.

New banners:
    -Satake now has three yellow fans instead of one red one. The banner background is now purple. This is based on Yoshinobu's nobori.
    -Sakai now has a red and black banner with a yellow crest. This is a variation based on Yasutoshi's nobori and sashimono visuals.

The sashimono's for the Satake and Sakai are based on their new banners.; yellow and purple for the Satake and red and yellow for the Sakai.

There are circular crests that show up in various places like diplomacy, clan selection. These crests have been changed accordingly for the new changes.

The Nanbu use a dark red colour as a colour theme. I haven't yet implimented this in the banner, but note I intend that for v1.4

V1.25 CHANGES -The Portugal beta content is now part of the modification. This includes a new banner and a new sashimono crest.
    -A pretty significant fix has been made to the "All Factions Playable" mod, part of both the main mod and as a supplementary download. The problem was that I told the computer to make available the "Rebels" and "Wako" entries, when it should've been "Standard Rebels" and "Wako Pirates." Basically, trying to start a custom battle with these would crash the game. You can now play as these factions.

Thread Update I have tidied up this threads' main post with content boxes and field sets. It looks much more organized.

V1.2 CHANGES New banners:
    -The Ikko-ikki now have a sotoba on their new banner with gold and red colours.
    -The Portugese have a red and green background with the Portugese crest. The same colours are found on today's Portugese flag. I originally made this for Radious' and my re-colouring mod, found here.
    -The Takeda have an alternate Furinkazan banner, this time being red with the same gold lettering. This helps it fit in with other colour-related aspects of the game.

Sashimono crests:
    -The Buddhist and Christian rebels have custom crests

Sashimono colours:
    -This covers new colours, colours that have been tweaked and imported RGB values from Demokritos' ACC modification (see 'credits' for a link to his mod). Specific changes are as follows:
    ---The Takeda and Tokugawa use Demokritos' ACC colours
    ---The Ikko-ikki, Buddhist Rebels, Ashikaga, Kiso, Mori, Murakami, Otomo, Ouchi, Shimazu, Portugal and Yamanouchi have colour tweaks that make their sashimono more relative to their respective clan banners.

New icon colourings:
    -The Ikko-ikki sotoba doesn't exactly fit a circular image, so I applied the same gold and red colourings to their mon until I think of or come across something more appropriate. Because I plan to release a different crest, I removed my custom clan selection and effect buttons for the Ikko-ikki, so those will be the most recent vanilla versions.

V1.1 CHANGES -Six additional banners for the following clans: Kiso, Mori, Murakami, Otomo, Ouchi and Yamanouchi. Specific changes are as follows:
    ---The Kiso now has their clan kamon on their banner.
    ---The Mori now has Motonari's hata-jirushi banner.
    ---The Murakami now has Yoshikiyo's nobori banner.
    ---The Otomo have a blue Gyouyou kamon and a christian cross below it, which is seen over a light-blue banner background
    ---The Ouchi has Yoshitaka's hata-jirushi.
    ---The Yamanouchi has Tadayoshi's nobori.
    -Two new custom sashimono's for the Ashikaga and Kiso clans.
    -New uniform and sashimono colours to suit the changes to the new banners and kamon's.
    -Colour tweak for the Buddhist rebels to fully remove their old grey colour scheme.
    -Access to all unique factions in the custom battle selection. This also fixes the problem where the Amako clan kamon would show up as another clan's kamon.

V1.0 Contents -A new clan: the Nagao. This part of the mod is basically an overhaul of the Uesugi clan. All right, so it isn’t a ‘new’ clan, but the changes made will give you the impression it is a new clan. I made use of some of the files that can already be found in the game files, for example the mon that shows up on the sashimono; the sashimono will indeed show the Nagao kamon.
    -Eight new clan banners for the following clans: Ashikaga, Hojo, Ikko-ikki, Nagao, Oda, Shimazu, Takeda and Tokugawa. Specific banner changes are as follows:
    ---The Ashikaga banner now has their clan kamon
    ---The Hojo have an alternate black and white banner
    ---The Ikko-ikki have the first vanilla version of their banner
    ---The Nagao banner bears their clan kamon, the Kuyo Tomoe
    ---The Oda has Oda Nobunaga's Eiraku Tusho banner
    ---The Shimazu banner has Shimazu Yoshihiro's Juji cross positioned below the Shimazu kamon
    ---The Takeda has Takeda Shingen's Furinkazan banner
    ---The Tokugawa has Tokugawa Ieyasu's Onreido Gonhujoudo banner
    -Two new rebel banners. The Buddhist rebels have a Dharma wheel mon, and the Christian rebels have a rising sun/christian cross combo. This makes them look much more lively than the dull grey/black combination they have in the vanilla game. I haven't touched the standard rebels’ visuals... yet.
    -Some re-colouring, namely with faction, uniform and sashimono colours. Not all clans have been re-coloured, with some having different amounts and some that have not been re-coloured at all.
    -Replacement of the agent faction icons. These are the icons that you can see above the agent. Not all clans have this.
    -Clan-specific effect icons changed for specific playable factions: the Hojo, the Ikko-ikki and the Nagao.
    -Four new and/or alternate kamon's for the Ashikaga, Hojo, Ikko-ikki and Nagao clans. You may have figured this, but because I use clan kamon’s for the Ashikaga, Hojo, Ikko-ikki and Nagao clans’ banners, I also made sure you could see the same kamon in places like diplomacy and clan management. This is the particular part I’m referring to when I say “new and/or alternate kamon’s”. I made similar changes to the Buddhist and Christian rebels, too.
    -Custom buttons for the clan selection screen for the Ikko-ikki and the Nagao. The Hojo still have their blue-white combination after considering my buttons don't look as good as CA's, so I decided to leave that one there for now.
    -Text-based changes that enforce the 'Nagao clan' concept. For example, all generals will be called Nagao xxxx and Uesugi Kenshin will be known as Nagao Kagetora. You'll see other changes throughout the game, but just to note there may occasionally be an 'Uesugi' pop up every now and then. I'll look to fix that up as much as possible in future updates.

There are a few posts of mine that have screenshots for the following new clans: Sanada, Akechi, Shiina and Suwa.

---------------------

Credits "iqwerty", for providing a focus point (the Nagao clan) and for visual information regarding the Tokugawa/Matsudaira clan.
    "lament9582", for historical information, specifically regarding the Ashikaga, Kira and Imagawa clans.
    "Demokritos", for directing me towards making a custom battle fix wherein the Amako clan kamon would show up as the clan mon for the Asano, Ishida, Kobayakawa, Kuroda, Ukita and Wako clans. This led to the inclusion of all unique factions available for use in custom battles in my mod. He has also allowed me to use his RGB values from his modification "Alternative Clan Colours". I will note when one of his RGB values is used. Thanks, man!
    "AndyTotalGamer" for his agent and resource icon contributions. The original and stand-alone mod can be found here.
    "Peregrinus", for his details regarding Portuguese visuals for the mod's banners and crests.
    "Master Necromancer", for sending me lots of information regarding heraldry.
    "Little Legionarie" and "Date-san", for their kind words and support for the mod!
    "The Hedge Knight", for his "Custom Battle: All factions Playable" mod. The information provided in his mod proves extremely valuable for testing and for general enjoyment of minor clans.
    "Evalerio" (Samurai Archives user), for his great work in putting together "Samurai Heraldry: Flags and Standards of Samurai Armies".
    ...and last but not least, you! Yes, I thank you for having at least the smallest look at my work, and I hope you like/liked what you saw.

---------------------

Links to my other modifications for Shogun 2! Radious' and Antons Recolour Mod (This is a collaborative effort between Radious and myself)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=476226
    Takeda Shingen's Furinkazan Banner - A Takeda Banner Modification

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=474336
    Shimazu Yoshihiro's Juji/Shimazu Kamon Banner - A Shimazu Banner Modification
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=474640
    Oda Nobunaga's Eiraku Tsuho Banner - An Oda Banner Modification
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=474832
    A Nagao Overhaul Mod
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=475119
    Scaled Upkeep for All Units
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=464852
    Recruitment Modification for the 'Sengoku Jidai Unit Pack' DLC (Requires purchasing the DLC for use)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=471515
    Anton's MP & Siege Maps Unlocked For Use In Custom Battle
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=477009
    Last edited by Akaie; June 27, 2012 at 01:04 AM.

Default Re: Anton's Banner and Visual Overhaul Modification [v1.0] - Include's the Nagao Clan overhaul!

Beta files linked below. They are .pack files, so put them in S2's data folder.

---------------------

I am making a distinction between beta files and unit files, as the Kaihogyo Sohei seem to be pretty damn finished. Any unit files that I have not created a dedicated thread for will be placed here.

I have made some tweaks to the Kaihogyo Sohei unit, putting them at v1.5! The stats are the same, but I have changed accessibility during the campaign. They can be recruited at forts that have a second or higher tier of any temple (Buddhist or Ikko). You also no longer have to be the Uesugi (or Nagao if you use them with this overhaul); as long as one of your forts has a second tier or higher temple, you can recruit these monks. Regarding tactics: these guys are not to be used in direct combat, but rather as morale breakers. Test them out, get a feel for them and you will understand what I mean. The .pack file is in "Kaihogyo Sohei [v1.5].rar".

I have started a dedicated thread for the Red Devil Ashigaru (and by extension my W-I-P unit pack). I am using the "Red Devil Ashigaru.rar" file attached to this post in that dedicated thread, so don't worry about it for now. Have a look at the mod here.
    Last edited by Akaie; October 27, 2012 at 11:41 PM.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Anton's Banner and Visual Overhaul Modification [v1.0] - Include's the Nagao Clan overhaul! Additional notes on future features!

This is a great initiative, Anton! Wish I had your gift for adding new kamons and details on the flags, and changing those campaign map standards. Keep up the good work!

Listen, one thing that has bothered me ever since I went into custom battles and played the minor factions: several of them miss their proper family crests in the selection menu before the battle and info shown when placing the marker over their units in battle mode. Could you fix that, if you wanted to?
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Default Re: Anton's Banner and Visual Overhaul Modification [v1.0] - Include's the Nagao Clan overhaul! Additional notes on future features!

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    This is a great initiative, Anton! Wish I had your gift for adding new kamons and details on the flags, and changing those campaign map standards. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks! As far as the allotment of time I'm keeping for modding goes, this is all I'm working on. Once I get to the point where not much else calls out for a change, I'll look at writing an extremely detailed description on how to do this stuff (or at least how I do it).

Listen, one thing that has bothered me ever since I went into custom battles and played the minor factions: several of them miss their proper family crests in the selection menu before the battle and info shown when placing the marker over their units in battle mode. Could you fix that, if you wanted to?
    Since you said minor factions, are you using a particular mod? By family crests, are you saying that no image shows up altogether or there is in fact an image, but it is not the correct image (for example, something like having a Mori kamon attached to the Kobayakawa faction)? Once I get a bit more info, I'm happy to have a look into it for you!

This fault with a number of minor factions is what you discover if you use any mod enabling you to play them in custom battles, for instance The Hedge Knight's original mod for the purpose found here (I've made my own mod with the same function but slightly different content and it's the same problem there). The mess-up is first found on the list which appears when you want to select a faction for play in custom battles. The Amako, Asano, Ishida, Kobayakawa, Kuroda, and Ukita all have the same icon for family crests (black square on white field) there and it appears to be the correct one only for the first clan (Amako). Then when you place your mouse over a unit from these minor factions as enemies in the battlefield mode, the info that pops show that same icon only, so you wouldn't know what clan it is if you don't recognize their uniforms or know it beforehand (if those factions are allies, however, their clan name will be spelled out in letters in that info box).

If you can fix this I'd download the mod and rep you for making it available immediately.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Alright, after taking a look at it, I seem to have fixed the problem. I attached the file to a post in Hedge's thread (link below). Let me know if that does what you want.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...3#post10134673

Edit: I added what I attached in that post to this mod.
    Last edited by Akaie; August 19, 2011 at 05:57 AM.

Default Re: Anton's Banner and Visual Overhaul Modification [v1.1] - Include's the Nagao Clan overhaul, custom battle clan unlocks and all-new additions!

Imagawa clan was descendant of Kira clan, the main branch of Ashikaga clan.
    They are very close relatives. Therefore Ashikaga shogunate dictated to inherit position of shogun to Imagawa clan, if Kira clan has no suitable daimyo.
    And it was common custom to Branches of Ashikaga clan to using Crest of Ashikaga clan, the Ashikaga-Futatsu-Hikiryou.
    current Imagawa clan crest in S2TW is not a correct crest for Imagawa clan, but Imagawa Yoshimoto's personal crest, both Umajirushi and Crest.
    You can see even Yoshimoto himself using Ashikaga crest in many Taiga dramas. I respectfully suggest changing Imagawa crest.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...gawa_crest.svg
    This is Imagawa-Akadori(Imagawa red bird), personal crest and symbol(Umajirushi) of Imagawa Yoshimoto.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...hikaga_mon.svg
    This is Ashikaga-Futatsu-hikiryou(Ashikaga double hikiryou crest. Hikiryou is symbol of dragon).

Default Re: Anton's Banner and Visual Overhaul Modification [v1.1] - Include's the Nagao Clan overhaul, custom battle clan unlocks and all-new additions!

It is just like Nagao clan issue. Character of Bi(Uesugi clan's basic crest in S2TW) is not a Uesugi crest, but Uesugi Kenshin's Hatajirushi.
    It seems developers are confusing between personal symbol and family crest.

Quote Originally Posted by Anton93 View Post
    Alright, after taking a look at it, I seem to have fixed the problem. I attached the file to a post in Hedge's thread (link below). Let me know if that does what you want.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...3#post10134673

Edit: I added what I attached in that post to this mod.
    I picked up your fix for that fault, found it working and repped you immediately. Nice work there, my friend.

I'd rep you for that tutorial you talked about in post #4, too, once it out - but the site rules require me to rep someone else first.

Keep up the good show!

Regards,
    D

Quote Originally Posted by lament9582 View Post
    Let me tell you one thing real quick - I ADMIRE YOUR WORK!!
    Please go on any splendid MOD with more historical detail.

and if you can give me any advice for my MOD, I will appreciate it.
    I'm planning some MOD right now, about historical details and correction.

hmm, one last thing. is there any way can put those giant flag(Hatajirushi) on flag-bearing unit in my troops?
    I want to see flag-bearer holding Eiraku-tsuhou Hatajirushi in Nobunaga's command, or Furinkazan's Hatajirushi in Shingen's command.
    After all, I'm Shingen's big fan, even using self-made MOD with Kagemusha(Movie)'s main theme for Victory theme.
    Thanks. I will definitely not stop here! A historicity mod sounds awesome; I'd love to see that mod when you've completed it. Regarding advice, I would need some specific areas you are looking at for your mod so I can help you as much as I can. As for putting a hata-jirushi on the flag held by the flag-bearer, theoretically, it's possible. The banners show three copies of the same file, meaning you would have to tell it to show only one. That way, you won't have three rectangular layers making a mess of things. I haven't looked at messing with the flag-bearer's flag yet, so I'm not sure how to go about doing that (although it shouldn't be too difficult). I'm also not sure as to what would happen when you use an image larger than the ~200x200pxl crests the game uses. I'll get back to you with this.

Now that is a great reminder. I completely forgot about my intent to watch that movie. I'll have to search around my local stores for a copy, but sadly I haven't found a reliable supplier of Japanese film and TV. I'll keep looking, though.

Is there any way to make a specific event that changing Daimyo's name, so Nagao clan turning into Uesugi clan and Nagao Kagetora changing name into Uesugi Kenshin?
    In this way, it will be perfect during first few years, but it will remain Nagao forever.
    Sadly, this may not be as easy as it seems. A name-changing system and greater banner diversity (as there was) would be great features of S2, and with those mechanics I figure I could set up a change pretty easily. The problem is the game's generalized content; I'm pretty much stuck with two banners: the big banners that my modding is focused around, and the sashimono (the single flag-bearer uses the same crest as the sashimono, thereby limited diversity) as well as many as two names for a person (baby names and the 'coming-of-age' name). So with this, one has to decide whether having a Nagao clan for the entire game out-weighs the con of not having the Echigo-based Uesugi clan. At least my mod allows you to have that choice.

Imagawa clan was descendant of Kira clan, the main branch of Ashikaga clan.
    They are very close relatives. Therefore Ashikaga shogunate dictated to inherit position of shogun to Imagawa clan, if Kira clan has no suitable daimyo.
    And it was common custom to Branches of Ashikaga clan to using Crest of Ashikaga clan, the Ashikaga-Futatsu-Hikiryou.
    current Imagawa clan crest in S2TW is not a correct crest for Imagawa clan, but Imagawa Yoshimoto's personal crest, both Umajirushi and Crest.
    You can see even Yoshimoto himself using Ashikaga crest in many Taiga dramas. I respectfully suggest changing Imagawa crest.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...gawa_crest.svg
    This is Imagawa-Akadori(Imagawa red bird), personal crest and symbol(Umajirushi) of Imagawa Yoshimoto.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...hikaga_mon.svg
    This is Ashikaga-Futatsu-hikiryou(Ashikaga double hikiryou crest. Hikiryou is symbol of dragon).
    This is some great info, lament. I'm adding you to my credits page! I already gave that Ashikaga Futatsu-hikiryou kamon to the Ashikaga banner, so to differentiate, what do you think about a banner that, at the top, places the Ashikaga kamon and below it the Yoshimoto's Akadori crest?

It is just like Nagao clan issue. Character of Bi(Uesugi clan's basic crest in S2TW) is not a Uesugi crest, but Uesugi Kenshin's Hatajirushi.
    It seems developers are confusing between personal symbol and family crest.
    Once I found this out (I haven't been studying the Sengoku period for very long, in fact not before Shogun 2 was released) it seemed a bit odd to me, but then I acknowledged that the name "Uesugi Kenshin" is more popular than "Nagao Kagetora;" maximizing the games' popularity, maybe? There is also a distinction that the game creates: the Ogigayatsu and Yamanouchi lines of the Uesugi, as well as the 'Uesugi clan' itself. The Yamanouchi have their own mon, but I believe the Ogigayatsu Uesugi made use of the Uesugi kamon (correct me if I'm wrong). If this is the case, then CA's firm willingness to create the Uesugi clan (again, for the sake of popularity) meant that only one clan could use the kamon. With Kenshin in the game, the 'Bi' mon was a valid alternate to the Uesugi kamon. Of course, saying that the Uesugi clan ruled Echigo before 1561 is a huge fluff of history, with Echigo being ruled by the Nagao up until that year. I figure you know that, but it might be of interest to someone dropping by this thread.

I hope you can provide more suggestions to help this mod grow, as I'm thinking you know much more.

I picked up your fix for that fault, found it working and repped you immediately. Nice work there, my friend.

I'd rep you for that tutorial you talked about in post #4, too, once it out - but the site rules require me to rep someone else first.

Keep up the good show!

Regards,
    D
    I'm glad you like it, and I'll definitely keep it up.
    Last edited by Akaie; August 19, 2011 at 10:05 AM.

well, in Taiga dramas, Imagawa clan using same color and same crest with no difference between Ashikaga's.
    but in game, we can't do that due to confusion. I think Ashikaga Futatsu-Hikiryou in Dark Blue and Gold is best solution so far.
    Mixing both is terrible display. and I just saw Mori's crest. I suggest maintain original.

About Uesugi kenshin, He is well-known as Uesugi kenshin, but he changed his name for complicated reasons, just like Tokugawa Ieyasu.
    He was daimyo of Nagao clan and Shugo-shoku of Echigo in first place. His name was "Nagao Kagetora"
    Shugo-shoku is Lord of certain province. in most cases, Shogunate put their men on this post, but in Sengoku era, some warlord became Shogo by power or killed Shugo and took their place.

As he gained power in echigo province, he decided to inherit Uesugi clan and name of the Kanto-Kanrei. He changed name "Uesugi Masatora" in 1561 and succeeded Uesugi clan.
    Kanrei is honorable position, taking control of multiple provinces. It was magistrate-like position serving shogunate, and losing its authority from decline of Ashikaga shogunate.
    Uesugi Kenshin was fighting for its restoration. His enemy was mainly Takeda Shingen and Hojo Ujiyasu for their ambition for Provinces of Kanto.

After 4th Battle of Kawanakajima(You can play it in historical battle mode), He changing his name again, into "Uesugi Terutora",
    getting one Kanji character from Ashikaga Yoshiteru(1536-1565), famous shogun from his sword skill. getting one character from their master was considered honorable prize or display of loyalty.
    finally, He changing his name into buddhist-styled "Kenshin"(1570). Getting monk-styled name means he completely surrendered himself before Buddhism.
    He was monk-like dedicated man anyway, who banned woman around him from his younger Samurai age(Therefore, his successor Uesugi Kagekatsu is adopted son).
    Many Samurai became half-monk when they get old. His most ambitious enemy, Takeda Shingen was same case. His Samurai name was "Takeda Harunobu".

(Monk's name in S2TW is completely wrong. their names are Samurai-styled. FYI, Ninja's names are for noble Samurais, not common spies)

I'm studying Japanese history for a while. If you have any issue, I'll help as best as I can.

oh, I forgot most important issue. XD

about Kamon, Kamon is a family crest. and Hatajirushi is giant flag symbolizes presence of general.
    For example, Takeda Shingen's Hatajirushi is Sun tzu's "Furinkazan" and Takeda crest was "Takeda-Bishi". but Furinkazan is not a crest but just Shingen's own flag and motto.
    Other generals in Shingen's chain of command can use Takeda crest, but they used their own Hatajirushi.

(Umajirushi and Hatajirushi is sometimes being confused. Umajirushi is unique object like golden hat, and Hatajirushi is just a flag.)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...nverted%29.svg
    Kuyo-Tomoe, Nagao clan crest. represents deity of Buddhism.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...esugi_Sasa.svg
    Uesugi-zasa(Bamboo hat with two bird), Uesugi clan crest.

Just like history of his name, Kamons are also complicated. but my personal point of view, this game is focusing on Uesugi clan, so I suggest using Uesugi's one.
    but if you want historical correctness, Nagao clan crest will be correct. Kenshin was Nagao Kagetora in 1545.

Your MOD focusing on their Hatajirushi, so I think keeping original flag for Uesugi will be good solution.
    I love Tokugawa's and Takeda's. They are awesome! and for Oda's, it must be 3 Eiraku-tsuhou shape, not only one.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...unaga_flag.png
    Oda's Hatajirushi.

Sorry for confusion, but I just realized that your MOD is for Hatajirushi.
    for Imagawa,
    I suggest using original flag for campaign menu will be more likely, because it is his personal crest. and Ashikaga crest will be small flag for his army in actual battlefield.
    (FYI, small flag on soldier's back is called "Hata-Sashimono")
    Last edited by lament9582; August 19, 2011 at 11:35 AM.

And about Mori clan crest,

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...mitsuboshi.svg
    Ichimonji-Mitsuboshi(Character of "One" with three stars)
    Original one's correct. Mori clan survived during Meiji restoration, and they still using it even now.

one more thing. If someone teaches me how to put image for my profile and character, it will be highly appreciated
    Last edited by lament9582; August 19, 2011 at 11:31 AM.

Woow! Good Job! Trying

actually, I'm thinking about two MOD.

One is MOD that giving us actual general like Toyotomi Hideyoshi or Yamagata Masakage.
    With all due respect, I'm tired of seeing stupid random-generated names or Monks and Ninjas have Samurai-styled name.
    Toyotomi is not even a clan name but special name given by emperor, only few of Hideyoshi's family.
    Simple name change will bring us into Sengoku Era more seriously.

One is MOD that has more detailed or correct map.
    Right now, there is some problem in current campaign map.
    1.Touhoku province's too simplified. Fukushima is name of province for modern era, not in Sengoku.
    2.Some wrong detail. Mikawa was never been a formidable place for horse breeders,
    and Kai was infamous from their gold mines even more than Sado or Izu.
    Clans around Takeda always suffered by betrayers bribed by Kai gold, just like metsuke in S2TW.

if you want help me with some MOD making skill, I'll help you out.
    Last edited by lament9582; August 19, 2011 at 11:51 AM.

I thought I'd jump on before I go to sleep. Thanks again for all the info, lament.

Sorry for confusion, but I just realized that your MOD is for Hatajirushi.
    Regarding how I'm approaching this mod... I think I should provide some clarity. I am attempting to draw on as much historical detail as possible, however there will be banners that I create that seem lacking in historical validity and so on. This is because I envision this modification to eventually replace each and every banner. So with things like the Mori banner even though I know the kamon is more appropriate and the presence of Nobunaga's Eiraku Tsuhou even though Nobunaga is not even a general in 1545, I'm still determined to provide alternate banners. Some are hata-jirushi while some are not the most historically appropriate.

Hopefully you don't think I'm ignoring your ideas on purpose; it's just how I'm going about this mod. I am extremely grateful for the contributions you've made (I think you've taken up more of this thread than I have ).

Regarding your own mod ideas, they sound great. For the first one, that will be text-based changes, so you should look at 'local_en.pack' and 'local_en_patch.pack'. The localization would change depending on what language you are using, so if you are using another language, make sure to swap out the "en" bit with your particular ISO 2166 code when looking for those particular pack files. For the second idea, apart from the text-based changes, I'd suggest you have a look at TROM's work, as I believe he is the one that has added things like custom farms for commodities other than rice. His work could help you better understand such changes, that you might be able to add a gold mine to Kai, and what other similar changes you want to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Piponde777 View Post
    Woow! Good Job! Trying
    Sweet!
    Last edited by Akaie; August 19, 2011 at 12:11 PM.

I just tried this MOD, and found out Takeda Sashimono turning into Yellow crest and same red background. it looks like bug.
    hmm, I think I need some sleep, cause so sleepy and I can't understand some of thread for now XD
    I will not stop my effort to give further improvement for this MOD. This kind of historical mod is just what I wanted.
    and I'll take a look on those mods you suggested.
    Last edited by lament9582; August 19, 2011 at 12:40 PM.

I just tried this MOD, and found out Takeda Sashimono turning into Yellow crest and same red background. it looks like bug.
    hmm, I think I need some sleep, cause so sleepy and I can't understand some of thread for now XD
    I will not stop my effort to give further improvement for this MOD. This kind of historical mod is just what I wanted.
    and I'll take a look on those mods you suggested.
    This was lacking of polish. My mistake. The "faction_banners" table's first RGB value applies to multiple things: the thin rectangles on the campaign banner that convey how many units are in that stack, unit type icons on the battle banner and the sashimono crest. I put the gold colour in for the sake of the campaign banner and must've forgotten about it. Thanks for picking that up! I might use red instead of gold, and turn the sashimono background black, unless you think there's a better idea?

Oh, and I forgot. To change an avatar picture, go to the top-right where it should say "welcome, lament9582". Your name will link you to your TWC page. Click on "customize profile" which is closest to the top-right corner of the page, and then click "edit avatar". You'll find that option to the left of the screen. You'll probably have to scroll down. Hopefully that steers you in the right direction.

Hmm, Is there any way to preserve original for their Sashimono and use fabulous Furinkazan flag?
    I'm watching Taiga, "Takeda Shingen(1988)". They using various Sashimono in single clan, but still Black crest and Red background seems best for Takeda.
    They look dominant, merciless, and strong! but if I have to delete Furinkazan flag to use original Kamon, it will be terrible torture for me XD I love both.

Nice avatar!

All right. What I can do is change the background colour of the Furinkazan banner to something that allows those thin rectangles I mentioned to be pretty clear. This way, we can have the black crest-red background sashimono. Admittedly, I'm trying to work with these rectangles for the sake of the player. I'll do some colour testing soon.

It's unfortunate for the Furinkazan banner... but this is a visual overhaul as much as it is a banner overhaul, so such things must be considered!

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast