Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: HCS - BETA V.0.99 Bug Reports

Default Re: Bug reports

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimachos View Post
    Me too as the guy above.. I installed in C: but not in the program files and i'm getting CTD ni the loading screen after the "choose a faction" menu......
    Maybe uploaded file has some troubles.
    I can not find "world" folder in hcs/data folder after completing installed,
    It is strange that this folder has no disc_strat file isn't it?

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

CTD when trying to start a battle, it will show the LS, but after that it crashes immediately

Edit: I'm going to try to install it again. Note that a large number of the bug reports are about the loading screens. I think the uploaded file does have some troubles.
    Last edited by z3n; August 19, 2011 at 05:47 PM.

I get an error saying "failed to find steam"

Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\rome total war gold\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:bi/hcs -show_err -nm
    Start in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\rome total war gold"

EDIT: I'll just launch it from the steam library.
    Last edited by Der Einzige; August 19, 2011 at 07:41 PM.

Jarlaxe's Avatar Heavy Building Industry

guys pls give more information on the siege ctds especially the name of the city
    - Leader / Modeller/ Skinner / City Builder of Hegemonia City States -
    - Modeller/ Skinner / City Builder of Fourth Age -

- Under the patronage of the cream pie lover -
    - jimkatalanos -

Protector's Avatar Senator

Hi,

After install into RTW directory where also my BI-exe is, I did this :

create a new shortcut from the Barbarian Invasion.exe and in the command line replace with the following:
    use the command extension:
    -mod:bi/hcs -show_err -nm

By clicking onto the new created shortcut for some strange reason instead Hegemonia mod ... the RTW vanilla is starting even the RTW CD is not in the drive only BI CD is in the drive and as you see in my screenie the shortcut is directed to the BI-exe.

Any idea to help ?

Sentrywatch's Avatar Foederatus
    Germania Inferior (Brabant, the Netherlands)

The grass is purple during battles, but it isn't a major bug since you can disable the grass spites. I'm using the retail Gold Edition by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by GM207 View Post
    Hey guys, I got a problem in the BI Icon on the desk top when changing the Target line to "C:\Program Files (x**)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe"-mod:bi/hcs -show_err -nm and then click on Apply, it's giving the following message: The name "C:\Program Files (x**)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe"-mod:bi/hcs -show_err -nm specified in the target box is not valid. make sure the path and file name are correct.
    I got this problem too, tried re-installing and setting a new folder path, nothing is working.

To me the mod doesn't even start, my shortcut is right, as far as I can tell: "D:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:bi/hcs -show_err -nm

I've got XP x64, and I have a clean install of RTW+BI+ALEX... And the games launch normally, only when I launch the mod the screen turns black and then it returns to windows and does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Protector View Post
    Hi,

After install into RTW directory where also my BI-exe is, I did this :

create a new shortcut from the Barbarian Invasion.exe and in the command line replace with the following:
    use the command extension:
    -mod:bi/hcs -show_err -nm

By clicking onto the new created shortcut for some strange reason instead Hegemonia mod ... the RTW vanilla is starting even the RTW CD is not in the drive only BI CD is in the drive and as you see in my screenie the shortcut is directed to the BI-exe.

Any idea to help ?

You shouldnt install Heg into RTW directory it goes directly into the BI folder.
    Just copypaste the heg folder into BI, does that work?

Irishguy's Avatar Campidoctor
    Griftkwartier, Utrecht, Utrecht, the Netherlands

first problem:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

as you can see the general (officer) is duplicated, isn't this going to cause a CTD? the question also is why is he duplicated?

second problem, which you already saw; the Carthaginian portraits are messed up

is this correct? shouldn't it be +5% oligarchic conversion?

EDIT: I also noticed you're still missing allot of unit/building descriptions, if you need help, you need just ask
    Last edited by Irishguy; August 20, 2011 at 11:43 AM.
    [LED ZEPPELIN FANS] [BATAVIA TW!]
    (\_/) This is stoned bunny, The Patron Saint of stoners.
    (O.O) Copy and paste him to have him gain world domination!
    (\/ \/)

Well something must have got messed up in those campaigns because I restarted the game and tried the good old trick to move an army from one place to another, but the game crashed all the same.

The crash when exiting the game, by the way, is constant. It happens EVERY time.
    I have the same problem.It is not so serious but it is a bit annoying.And it happens in barbarian invasion 1.4 on my laptop and in gold on my desktop.Untill now this is the only problem I faced.
    Last edited by Spartacus88; August 20, 2011 at 12:22 PM.

Protector's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Woestelingh View Post
    You shouldnt install Heg into RTW directory it goes directly into the BI folder.
    Just copypaste the heg folder into BI, does that work?
    Thx a lot
    I got it now after new install into BI folder.

Not for anything, but ppl should read the instructions when installing this mod, that would save a lot of work *rolls eyes*

Well, the mod crashes on exit also with ALX, not only with BI. I have a fresh install both of RTW and of Windows.

Father Jack's Avatar expletive intended

CTD just after a siege battle at Gela as it was about to load back to campaign map.

I can't save nor load, and my game doesnt autosave

also my hoplite shields are horizontal instead of vertical. Has this happened to anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Lebre View Post
    I can't save nor load, and my game doesnt autosave

also my hoplite shields are horizontal instead of vertical. Has this happened to anyone else?
    If you start a different campaign without exiting the script (press ESC, then the ? in the corner) you can't save your game, I noticed.
    Maybe this is your problem?

Irishguy's Avatar Campidoctor
    Griftkwartier, Utrecht, Utrecht, the Netherlands

My Syrakousai campaign is broken thanks to the duplicated Carthaginian Officer -.-
    So I started a Kretes campaign, first thing I noticed, the diplomat needs to be moved to the mainland, the computer will not engage in any diplomatic relations if the diplomat is on the island. I'll edit the descr_strat and post it here. It's a minor change but I think it will make allot of difference.
    [LED ZEPPELIN FANS] [BATAVIA TW!]
    (\_/) This is stoned bunny, The Patron Saint of stoners.
    (O.O) Copy and paste him to have him gain world domination!
    (\/ \/)

Jarlaxe's Avatar Heavy Building Industry

Quote Originally Posted by Irishguy View Post
    My Syrakousai campaign is broken thanks to the duplicated Carthaginian Officer -.-
    ??can you explain??
    - Leader / Modeller/ Skinner / City Builder of Hegemonia City States -
    - Modeller/ Skinner / City Builder of Fourth Age -

- Under the patronage of the cream pie lover -
    - jimkatalanos -

Quote Originally Posted by Irishguy View Post
    So I started a Kretes campaign, first thing I noticed, the diplomat needs to be moved to the mainland, the computer will not engage in any diplomatic relations if the diplomat is on the island. I'll edit the descr_strat and post it here. It's a minor change but I think it will make allot of difference.
    Can't you "cheat"-kill the character in your console and continue like before?

Like, try "kill_character" "Jubal Barca" or something like that?

And just get your lazy ass of your island and move your diplomat to the mainland yourself with a boat like all us working class people, irish guy we don't all have a private jet like you

EDIT: hmm, just found out that only works in scripts not in-game, sry for that :-/
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=123589

Maybe you can move_character this guy to a distant place on the field (like Sardinia) and see if you can play some more?
    Last edited by Woestelingh; August 21, 2011 at 05:06 AM.