Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: HCS - BETA V.0.99 Bug Reports

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default Re: HCS - BETA V.0.99 Bug Reports

hope it helps from dvk901
    Although I am still actively working on RS2, I would like to offer my help in finding errors that cause your mod to crash. Just browsing through a few things, I found a number of errors that can be the cause for various types of CTDs.

For example, 'faction_creator' must be the same in both descr_regions.txt and descr_strat.txt. If they are not, you can get random scroll-over CTDs and end turn CTDs which report no error and leave you mystified as to what is causing them.

There are also numerous mistakes in faction ownership of units, particularly in the slave sections, which will cause errors, and there is one in descr_rebel_factions.txt that, if that unit is spawned, you will get an instant CTD.

Also, I noticed this in DMB.txt:

type cretan_guards
    skeleton fs_fast_archer,fs_spearman
    indiv_range 40
    texture cretans, bi/hcs/data/models_unit/textures/unit_crete_guards.tga
    texture slave, bi/hcs/data/models_unit/textures/unit_crete_guards.tga
    model_flexi bi/hcs/data/models_unit/HEG_crete_guards.CAS
    model_sprite 60.0, bi/hcs/data/sprites/cretans_cretan_guards_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

If it is your intention to use one sprite for all units, this is an incorrect way to do it. The model_sprite line in this DMB entry is meant ONLY for a mercenary unit, and it is iffy that that will always work correctly anyway. All other units that would use this model will get a 'game generated' sprite on the fly, and this can cause slow performance and even possibly in battle CTD's. The correct way to do this is as follows:

type bellovaci_infantry ;;;;and Roman auxiliary infantry 1+2
    skeleton fs_s1_semi_fast_javelinman, fs_semi_fast_spearman
    indiv_range 40
    texture gauls, data/models_unit/textures/tone/arverni/bellovaci_infantry_arverni.tga ;;bellovaci infantry
    texture germans, data/models_unit/textures/tone/cimbri/bellovaci_infantry_cimbri.tga ;;bellovaci infantry
    texture romans_julii, data/models_unit/textures/tone/belgae/bellovaci_infantry_belgae.tga ;;bellovaci infantry
    texture boii, data/models_unit/textures/tone/boii/bellovaci_infantry_boii.tga ;;bellovaci infantry
    texture thrace, data/models_unit/textures/tone/romans/bellovaci_infantry_roman2.tga ;;;cohors viii belgae
    texture slave, data/models_unit/textures/tone/slave/bellovaci_infantry_slave.tga ;;bellovaci infantry
    texture romans_brutii, data/models_unit/textures/tone/romans/bellovaci_infantry_roman2.tga ;;;cohors viii belgae
    texture merc, data/models_unit/textures/tone/romans/bellovaci_infantry_roman.tga ;;;cohors v gallorum
    model_flexi data/models_unit/bellovaci_infantry_high.cas, max
    model_sprite 50.0, data/sprites/RS_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite gauls, 50.0, data/sprites/RS_gauls_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite germans, 50.0, data/sprites/RS_germans_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite romans_julii, 50.0, data/sprites/RS_romans_julii_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite boii, 50.0, data/sprites/RS_boii_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite thrace, 50.0, data/sprites/RS_romans_brutii_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite slave, 50.0, data/sprites/RS_slave_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite romans_brutii, 50.0, data/sprites/RS_romans_brutii_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite merc, 50.0, data/sprites/RS_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

This is from RS2 DMB. Note that every faction using the texture also has a sprite entry. It can be all the same sprite, but there has to be an entry for each one. An entry for a sprite that does not exist will cause a CTD. Also note this:

model_sprite 50.0, data/sprites/RS_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite merc, 50.0, data/sprites/RS_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr

Both of these entries are to ensure that a mercenary unit for this model gets 'a' sprite, first, and that it gets the 'correct' sprite.
    I learned this from experience, that the first line is 'supposed' to work, but doesn't always work right. IOWs, it is buggy. Adding the second line ensures that this works as it should.

I'll see if I can find out what is causing the 'Barbarian Invasion has stopped working' error, but no promises. I have actually seen this caused by something I did myself...but I forgot what!

i hope you to make a bug free version of HCS and keep upgrading HCS. Χαιρετίσματα από Ελλάδα
    Last edited by b0Gia de Bodemloze; February 03, 2014 at 10:01 PM.

Jarlaxe's Avatar Heavy Building Industry

awesome info there bro!
    a lot of thanks to you and dvk901
    - Leader / Modeller/ Skinner / City Builder of Hegemonia City States -
    - Modeller/ Skinner / City Builder of Fourth Age -

- Under the patronage of the cream pie lover -
    - jimkatalanos -

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Wow, gotta try this!!!
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

1) I love the Mod
    2) Can't save
    3) Battles seem very easy, are over very quickly. (Played as Athens)
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Game crashes after I end one of the first turns.

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius View Post

1) I love the Mod
    2) Can't save
    3) Battles seem very easy, are over very quickly. (Played as Athens)
    2) i would bet you are not quitting to desktop before you reload. Mod scripts usually mess up saves if you don't quit to desktop. My advice to any mod if you want to load a save game is, quit game, run game, load save.

2) there are several thread addressing changes made by players for longer battles. Try them it might improve the mod for you.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Audacia's Avatar Give Life Back to Music
    Content Emeritus

I'm getting a CTD whenever I try and play a battle, be it on the campaign map or a custom battle. Any advice on how to fix this?

Under the patronage of Inkie Pie: Text Editor for The Great War
    Roma Surrectum II

Default Re: Bug reports

i have a huge problem.I install game as it said and when i try to run it,my monitor turns black and message appears OUT OF RANGE.I tried to change resolution on preferences but no effect but other mods i play normally.How to fix this,any ideas?

it goes to the legal(splash) screen, exits and says bi\vi/data/descr_sm_factions.txt at line 18 column 1. "horde_mini_units" this feature is not supported. Help please?

I'm not sure why it only happens when you use this mod, but the out of range problem is normally caused when your monitors system display card setting are too high, to fix that, you get a different monitor.http://forums.cnet.com/7723-10149_10...whats-is-this/ hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dividedbyzer0 View Post
    it goes to the legal(splash) screen, exits and says bi\vi/data/descr_sm_factions.txt at line 18 column 1. "horde_mini_units" this feature is not supported. Help please?
    Are you using the BI.exe if not then you should as this mod has BI features which will cause errors if using the RTW.exe or alex.exe.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxe View Post
    awesome info there bro!
    a lot of thanks to you and dvk901
    Do you use this program to find any errors?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...79#post5890579

By RedFox

Last edited by Squid; January 29, 2014 at 09:49 PM.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

This tool is also useful:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...lary-Validator

By Squid

Last edited by Squid; March 20, 2012 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Updated for version 2.2.7
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

money bug?? when i finish a turn i got 11000 denaries and with deficit of -1000 so the next turn i should have 10000 but when the new turn begins i got 45000 way above so its a bug and how can i solve this problem?

alextmusic's Avatar Foederatus

giogionis please don't spam the forum ...

Quote Originally Posted by alextmusic View Post
    giogionis please don't spam the forum ...
    spam??? mmmhhh well if asking is spam i will continue spaming then

Hi there!, I love the mod but, i'm having some kinds of problem with the campaing's interface, for example, i always play with the Athens faction or rarely with the Taras and Carthage factions, and these crashes down inmediately, after passing another turn, also, some images of the game, like for example; the images buliding are kind of beta (well it is, but anyway, i'm waiting for another version enchanced) are not fix up as well as they should be. I hope someone can fix it, or perchaps someone else can enchance the versión ultimate. cheers!

Hi there!, I love the mod but, i'm having some kinds of problem with the campaing's interface, for example, i always play with the Athens faction or rarely with the Taras and Carthage factions, and these crashes down inmediately, after passing another turn, also, some images of the game, like for example; the images buliding are kind of beta (well it is, but anyway, i'm waiting for another version enchanced) are not fix up as well as they should be. I hope someone can fix it, or perchaps someone else can enchance the ultimate version. cheers!

Actually playing Hegemonia Campaing with the Syracusans, and the game punctually crashes when I try to load a save file. The date is Winter 484, don't remember what turn it was. Help would be much appreciated