Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: HCS - BETA V.0.99 Bug Reports

Default Re: HCS - BETA V.0.99 Bug Reports

Hi Stahl, I have got the same problem several times. So I save after 4 rounds and so i have the possibility to load a earlier game and in most cases there will be no CTD. Maybe this helps. Greets, Magnentius

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

The only that you have to do is to install my modpack. That solve all the problems of Hegemonia.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Probably this question already was solve, sorry in this case but... why hoplites charge with sword? and you need re-attack on enemy unit to make them use the spears?? (I´m using a new modpack).

ROME TOTAL REALISM ANABASIS FORUM: HERE

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

I will keep this as the last big bug report for 0.99 version.
    Although I am still actively working on RS2, I would like to offer my help in finding errors that cause your mod to crash. Just browsing through a few things, I found a number of errors that can be the cause for various types of CTDs.

For example, 'faction_creator' must be the same in both descr_regions.txt and descr_strat.txt. If they are not, you can get random scroll-over CTDs and end turn CTDs which report no error and leave you mystified as to what is causing them.

There are also numerous mistakes in faction ownership of units, particularly in the slave sections, which will cause errors, and there is one in descr_rebel_factions.txt that, if that unit is spawned, you will get an instant CTD.

Also, I noticed this in DMB.txt:

type cretan_guards
    skeleton fs_fast_archer,fs_spearman
    indiv_range 40
    texture cretans, bi/hcs/data/models_unit/textures/unit_crete_guards.tga
    texture slave, bi/hcs/data/models_unit/textures/unit_crete_guards.tga
    model_flexi bi/hcs/data/models_unit/HEG_crete_guards.CAS
    model_sprite 60.0, bi/hcs/data/sprites/cretans_cretan_guards_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

If it is your intention to use one sprite for all units, this is an incorrect way to do it. The model_sprite line in this DMB entry is meant ONLY for a mercenary unit, and it is iffy that that will always work correctly anyway. All other units that would use this model will get a 'game generated' sprite on the fly, and this can cause slow performance and even possibly in battle CTD's. The correct way to do this is as follows:

type bellovaci_infantry ;;;;and Roman auxiliary infantry 1+2
    skeleton fs_s1_semi_fast_javelinman, fs_semi_fast_spearman
    indiv_range 40
    texture gauls, data/models_unit/textures/tone/arverni/bellovaci_infantry_arverni.tga ;;bellovaci infantry
    texture germans, data/models_unit/textures/tone/cimbri/bellovaci_infantry_cimbri.tga ;;bellovaci infantry
    texture romans_julii, data/models_unit/textures/tone/belgae/bellovaci_infantry_belgae.tga ;;bellovaci infantry
    texture boii, data/models_unit/textures/tone/boii/bellovaci_infantry_boii.tga ;;bellovaci infantry
    texture thrace, data/models_unit/textures/tone/romans/bellovaci_infantry_roman2.tga ;;;cohors viii belgae
    texture slave, data/models_unit/textures/tone/slave/bellovaci_infantry_slave.tga ;;bellovaci infantry
    texture romans_brutii, data/models_unit/textures/tone/romans/bellovaci_infantry_roman2.tga ;;;cohors viii belgae
    texture merc, data/models_unit/textures/tone/romans/bellovaci_infantry_roman.tga ;;;cohors v gallorum
    model_flexi data/models_unit/bellovaci_infantry_high.cas, max
    model_sprite 50.0, data/sprites/RS_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite gauls, 50.0, data/sprites/RS_gauls_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite germans, 50.0, data/sprites/RS_germans_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite romans_julii, 50.0, data/sprites/RS_romans_julii_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite boii, 50.0, data/sprites/RS_boii_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite thrace, 50.0, data/sprites/RS_romans_brutii_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite slave, 50.0, data/sprites/RS_slave_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite romans_brutii, 50.0, data/sprites/RS_romans_brutii_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite merc, 50.0, data/sprites/RS_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

This is from RS2 DMB. Note that every faction using the texture also has a sprite entry. It can be all the same sprite, but there has to be an entry for each one. An entry for a sprite that does not exist will cause a CTD. Also note this:

model_sprite 50.0, data/sprites/RS_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite merc, 50.0, data/sprites/RS_bellovaci_infantry_sprite.spr

Both of these entries are to ensure that a mercenary unit for this model gets 'a' sprite, first, and that it gets the 'correct' sprite.
    I learned this from experience, that the first line is 'supposed' to work, but doesn't always work right. IOWs, it is buggy. Adding the second line ensures that this works as it should.

I'll see if I can find out what is causing the 'Barbarian Invasion has stopped working' error, but no promises. I have actually seen this caused by something I did myself...but I forgot what!
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Default Re: Bug reports

Hi,
    playing with modpack installed I encounter a problem : during siege, in the center of settlements, last few (between 1 and 10) men of somes units (most of time generals) are unkillable even with full stacks against them. I have to push them out of the ring to make them runaway. How could I get rid of this annoying problem ?
    Thanks.