Thread: [REL] TROM3 Compatible Retexture Project

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Default [REL] TROM3 Compatible Retexture Project

I hope it's okay that I went ahead and did this.

I made Ftmch's Clan Retexture Project compatible with TROM3's custom units (including AOR). This was done using the last beta though so if there were any new units made since then or I left something out, let me know and I'll get right on it.

Make sure to download Ftmch's original Clan Retexture Project first here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=435960

Then download one of these versions.

DLC: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3459

No DLC: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3460

All credit goes to Ftmch, Yarkis and the TROM3 team!
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; August 17, 2011 at 12:37 AM.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Default Re: TROM3 Compatible Retexture Project

Nice! Let people play with it a bit and if no issues come up I make this a sticky. Is the No DLC version needed? Since this is texture mod I don't think it would cause problems for people without the DLC to use the standard version?

Default Re: TROM3 Compatible Retexture Project

I guess not! Ftmch suggested it so I went ahead and did it just to be sure. I'm not a very experienced modder hehe. It's just the uniform table.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Ducenarius

Default Re: [REL] TROM3 Compatible Retexture Project

For a laymens explanation, what exactly is the difference between the Textures project here and the Clan Colors submod stickied above?
    The scribes on all the people shove
    And bawl allegiance to the state,
    But they who love the greater love
    Lay down their life; they do not hate

Quote Originally Posted by uos_spo6 View Post
    For a laymens explanation, what exactly is the difference between the Textures project here and the Clan Colors submod stickied above?
    The Clan Colors mod is a mod that only alters the colors of a faction's units. The unit models themselves still follow the texture and coloring methods of vanilla.

The Retexture mod, while also recoloring the (playable) factions' units, has a different coloring system and the units have been retextured. Ftmch has altered the meshes so that each unit colors differently so you get very specific colors within faction units. He has also altered the uniforms themselves to be more unique. Check out some of the pictures of the Retexture mod and compare it to the Clan Recolor mod and you can see where Ftmch has altered the textures, particularly with some of the armors having the clan mon on them as well as different ashigaru hats between factions.

For the best possible experience I'd actually suggest downloading both of them along with both of their banner mods, then make sure the Retexture mod's banner mod takes priority so the playable factions' banners line up with the Retexture mod. This way you get the full experience of the Retexture mod for the factions you can play as while using the Clan Colors mod to present a superior experience of the non-playable factions.

Note: Since the unit textures have been altered to a large degree it will impact performance whereas the Clan Colors mod does not.
    Last edited by McCarronXLD; August 17, 2011 at 01:57 PM.

Ducenarius

Should I remove the Less Gloss mods then when using new textures? Thought I'd read elsewhere in the Retextures that they may not be compatible with the Less Gloss though memories are running jumbled together these days
    The scribes on all the people shove
    And bawl allegiance to the state,
    But they who love the greater love
    Lay down their life; they do not hate

Civis

NO HORO'S FIX does not work with TROM3 + Clan Retexture Project (Ftmch), why?
    combatible Not?

Quote Originally Posted by Jahmann View Post
    NO HORO'S FIX does not work with TROM3 + Clan Retexture Project (Ftmch), why?
    combatible Not?
    No they are not compatible. I'm not sure why; Ftmch might know.

@uos_spo6

Keep the less gloss mod if it is the one made by Ftmch. It is not compatible in the sense that his Retexture project already has been deglossed, but the less gloss mod still reduces the gloss for non-playable factions. I am using the Less Gloss mod along with the Retexture mod and am having no problems.

This is a very good post providing a lot of informative stuff on the topic. I always like to leave comments whenever I see something unusual or impressive. I think we must appreciate those who do something especial. Keep it up, thanks.
    mahjong

Is this compatible with the TROM version of unit variety mod?

No it is not.. or was not. This mod no longer works.