Page 51 of 198 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859606176101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3958

Thread: Forgotten Realms of Gathered Submods (FRoGS) v2.5.1 RELEASED!!! ~ Reworked Dwarven Warriors, Dwarven Nobles and Grimbeorn preview! - page 193

Default Re: Forgotten Realms of Gathered Submods, Released New Patch!!!!!

If you install the two patches on page 1 (the last two download links) and my fix on page 47 post 934 you game will be stable and nearly bug free in campaign when you start a new one.

If you are interested i can give you a cheat that adds 40000 gold. This should help you getting started in a new campaign, but be sure, once you know how to do it, you might use it too often and destroy your fun
    Last edited by Truh; September 14, 2011 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Truh View Post
    If you install the two patches on page 1 (the last two download links) and my fix on page 47 post 934 you game will be stable and nearly bug free in campaign when you start a new one.

If you are interested i can give you a cheat that adds 40000 gold. This should help you getting started in a new campaign, but be sure, once you know how to do it, you might use it too often and destroy your fun
    ok. I will take your file from page 47. About 40 000 I will ask the brother - whether it is necessary for it, and he plays that for Gondor (too will begin the new company) so there he in a minus sits already 30 turns as helps Rohan (fires of beacons-on 5000). And I for Eriador - on slightly money have, hard, but it is interesting also a drive))

Thats exactly what i mean. If you dont have to care about money, you lose alot of fun.
    Last edited by Truh; September 14, 2011 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Truh View Post
    Thats exactly what i mean. If you dont have to care about money, you lose alot of fun.
    I so don't think. So it is heavier also than a drive more/
    Anyway thanks for the help!!!
    Last edited by sergi; September 14, 2011 at 01:09 PM.

Okay, about my orc unit. I can understand the whole shield thing. But I don't exactly want to make it a whole new unit. Unless..... I can add some more elements from the orginal "uruks" unit. And then make them a "shock" unit, something more cheap then trolls, but still effective in battle. What could be a good name for it, something that sounds like a shock unit name. What could be better then Assualter....

I GOT IT! How about Uruk Ravagers or even better! gorgun burzum (translates from the black speech to mean dark or black orcs)

Ciloron's Avatar Vicarius

Sounds great

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

how about "black uruks"?

We need just one good and all evil faction players for the hotseat(save dunland)

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    how about "black uruks"?
    Doesn't make a difference, orc, uruk, and gorgun all mean the same...... so the english translation of the this unit, black uruks, according to the Black Speech of Mordor, uruk burzum

Sounds great also
    Last edited by Ciloron; September 14, 2011 at 04:14 PM.

okay,one more thing, lets see........ does anyone know what kinds of shields to give these guys? Round is mostly out, what kind of shields should heavy orcs have? Metal, wood, or a combo of the two? What shapes, should they be like heaters, or rounds, or a combo of both shapes? I need to know what they should have.

imo, round (broken, battered style) and heater, wood and metal. That would give them a real "just put together" look, if thats what your going for mate

The Orcs of Gundabad Erin go Bragh FROGS

When I came back to Dublin I was court marshaled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence"
    Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire
    The English lost an Empire

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"
    - Quentin Crisp

There is one weapon that the British cannot take away from us: we can ignore them.
    - Michael Collins

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken.
    - Bobby Sands

Greetings! I have been enjoying this submod compilation since is out, particulary with Dunland, but with the latest patchs I can't build the first Stables in the castles, able to build in the cities! Is there a way to change this situation! Thank you for any feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by David93 View Post
    imo, round (broken, battered style) and heater, wood and metal. That would give them a real "just put together" look, if thats what your going for mate
    The same as i suggested a page ago

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    okay,one more thing, lets see........ does anyone know what kinds of shields to give these guys? Round is mostly out, what kind of shields should heavy orcs have? Metal, wood, or a combo of the two? What shapes, should they be like heaters, or rounds, or a combo of both shapes? I need to know what they should have.
    Have a look at Post 985. That shield I googled as Goblin Shield. It's roundish, but crude and with some furs around. I guess something like that fit's more for a light Orc band. Maybe something like a Orc sprinter unit. But, the idea of a heavy Uruk shock assault unit is very good. Maybe armed with battle axes and /or heavy sabres and shields.

Also, good for Mordor would be a Javelin throwing unit, or a axe throwing unit. Maybe instead a axe they could also throw something similar. Maybe big ninja stars kind of weapons. Something unique. Mordor just doesn't have much variety of unit typs. So, it's easy to give them some more units.

Here is also a nice example of a possible Mordor Shield.

I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jivaro View Post
    Greetings! I have been enjoying this submod compilation since is out, particulary with Dunland, but with the latest patchs I can't build the first Stables in the castles, able to build in the cities! Is there a way to change this situation! Thank you for any feedback!
    Seems like no one is able to build stables in low tier castles. In EDB there is an event_counter for stables that is not mentioned in campaign_script or descr_events. Its called "go_dunland". Is that working as intended Dave?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post

Here is also a nice example of a possible Mordor Shield.

Thats an Orc shield from warcraft??

Quote Originally Posted by -Cygnus- View Post
    Thats an Orc shield from warcraft??
    Well, but it fits, imho. The design of the Isengard, Rohan, Gondor, most Elven Units are from the Peter Jackson movie of Lotr. So, the origin isn't that important, important is that it fits.
    Last edited by Jackie Treehorn; September 15, 2011 at 02:55 AM.
    I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.

Im agreed, in fact Less it looks like PJ films..BETTER!..

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser_Soze View Post
    I can confirm that killing the OOTMM general with the ring (faction heir at goblin town) does not give you the ring, just to let you know.

FYI

To get the one ring.

-First u need to kill the Ootmm General with it or distroy Ootmm faction

-place ur general in one of the Ootmm native settelment

-in a few round time u will get the event "the one ring has been found"

-Get ur General with the one ring back to teh Bal Dogur

-enjoy playing with Sauron

-------------------------------------------

Above has not yet been tested in Frogs yet, That was from other sub-mods with the sauron patch