Page 3 of 198 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgotten Realms of Gathered Submods (FRoGS) v2.5.1 RELEASED!!! ~ Reworked Dwarven Warriors, Dwarven Nobles and Grimbeorn preview! - page 193

Default Re: Davids Submod

Dea Paladin
    gave me permission and so did Elphir of Dol Amroth for voa

The Orcs of Gundabad Erin go Bragh FROGS

When I came back to Dublin I was court marshaled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence"
    Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire
    The English lost an Empire

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"
    - Quentin Crisp

There is one weapon that the British cannot take away from us: we can ignore them.
    - Michael Collins

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken.
    - Bobby Sands

Ciloron's Avatar Vicarius

So now the real work starts eh?
    I think u'll spend most time on voa, its alot of work, so good luck with that, but when u pull this of ull have done something many thought of as impossible.

I dont know about impossible lol
    the difficulty will depend on how well the files are organised, the last time i added a faction it took about an hour so im estimating a similar time, hopefully it wont be to bad (famous last words)
    On deas additional units ive added imaldris pikemen, deathbringers, urak axes, dismounted black numenorians and light wargs. I wanna know weather the overhaul units should be added or what other units should be in?
    Im personally feeling the mounted grey company and replace the dunedain rangers.
    Thoughts?

When I came back to Dublin I was court marshaled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence"
    Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"
    - Quentin Crisp

There is one weapon that the British cannot take away from us: we can ignore them.
    - Michael Collins

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken.
    - Bobby Sands

Well see about VOA. U wont die if it wont work... I hope... xD

Is it possible to include the mounted grey without replacing the rangers, bcuz i feel there is little choice in units of Eriador

At least the elves need more various units.

Ohh yes of course, but i mean dea made a different texture for the rangers so there model is different so should i use deas or the one already there.

Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire

- Quentin Crisp

- Michael Collins

- Bobby Sands

Deas
    And have u seen the new unit of koultouras? A new dwarven unit. U can find it on the last page of FROME

Yes its very good, but id say hell want to keep it for now until he releases it officialy... unfortunatly

Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire

- Quentin Crisp

- Michael Collins

- Bobby Sands

idd, so how is it going now with modding?

hmm, deas units the overwrites didnt work very well so ive reverted to my backup, i couldnt tell why so ill try it again at some point, the new units worked fine however. Idk.
    Im gona add in the new ones again and add in the christmas ones.

Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire

- Quentin Crisp

- Michael Collins

- Bobby Sands

I'm sure ull figure out what to do with deas, good to hear rest goes well, cant w8 till ur finished

If you will take more suggestions, try to add Evil Tweaks

Can you link me to it ive never herd of it?

Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire

- Quentin Crisp

- Michael Collins

- Bobby Sands

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Take a look at PCP:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=355651
    Wouldnt add it as a whole but just some parts of it.

If u get permission ofc.
    Last edited by Ciloron; August 17, 2011 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David93 View Post
    I agree they will most likely go to lorien, i just dont want to go to the effort of moving them to be told i cant use them
    You link me to SEE and ill take a look
    im adding in dea paladins units right now and cant be bothered trying to find it
    Quoting this one again

I have an idea. When the unit goes to lorien could u make that a region is required for the unit?
    I thought of this: Guardians of Eregion
    Required province: Eregion

Bcuz Celeborn and Galadriel used to live in Eregion before they went to lothlorien. I think it will also encourage people to focus a bit more on OOTMM in order to reach the region.
    Last edited by Ciloron; August 29, 2011 at 09:24 AM.

Sounds like a good idea to me, Faction balance will be an issue on release however so the players will have the final say, because incorperating lots of different units and mods its unlikely the balance will great :/
    Any way Vale of anduin is now fully intergrated as a faction and works perfectly on the campaign
    My custom battle screen is crashing however and i have no idea why atm lol

Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire

- Quentin Crisp

- Michael Collins

- Bobby Sands

Hmm maybe it's bcuz of those christmas units. But i dont know. Ive had campaign crashes but never custm battle crash.

About balance, it depends on wich faction gets OP, if gondor gets to powerfull for instance ucould try to lower their damage or reduce the availibility, or making Minas Morgul or Black gate a requirement for a unit. If vale of anduin is up is not a big problem i think. Ive heard people sayin they should be destroyed at turn 100-120. But maybe the expanded map will help balancing it all.
    At least there is another faction now who attacks OOG so Eriador will make it to Arnor.
    Last edited by Ciloron; August 18, 2011 at 04:38 AM.

Hmm i dont think it is, because it only happened after i added voa. Can anyone confirm VOAs custom battle doesnt crash?
    Remember those famous last words lol, still havent got it fixed
    I just exceeded the hidden resources maximum so right now all voa units can be recruited anywhere so i have to find away around that if anyone has any suggestions?
    Im also going away over the weekend so ill not reply to any thing said in the thread, but im still happy to take suggestions and will reply when i get back
    Just waiting on permission from AUM then i can upload, hopefully ill have it fixed by then. How much will it annoy people if custom battles didnt work for the beta?

Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire

- Quentin Crisp

- Michael Collins

- Bobby Sands

Ask Elphir

Awesome upload is near
    Im goin to beg Augostinos to give u permission xD

When this all is uploaded ill have a try at creating those missin unit cards for voa(after i have permission ofc)
    If i pull it of ill send them to ya so u can include them, k?
    If it doesnt become a disaster

Have fun this weekend

Agostinos, hasnt been on yet so he hasnt replied yet
    If you could do that that would be awesome, have you any other 2d art skills?

Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire

- Quentin Crisp

- Michael Collins

- Bobby Sands