Dedicated to a friend, and an in-game character who surpassed expectations against all odds, saving those before him rather himself.

_________

On a hot day, a man stand up on a stool, in front of a crowd of people. The people are yelling different things of negative manner. The man standing up forth the stool have a rope noose tightened by his neck by a man dressed in black, beyond recognition of even the angels watching in the skies -- this hangman will go unpunished for his sick services in the name of the Spanish crown. The man upon the stool hold a grim expression. He not be fear in death's sight, rather collecting memories of the past so that he may bring them into heaven. He will go to heaven. He defended his people -- in the name of god against a ruthless, improper entity that dare call themselves Catholics.

He begins to think harder. Lacking a diary of his own, or a very good ability to read and write; he dictates a letter in his mind.

"My dear Angela... Do you remember when I said I would return home..?
I am sorry. I will not be able to return to you, my love. I have been captured by the Kingdom of Castile.
You see, I was on my garrison across the channel with my General and our men...
We were attacked by Castile's army. We were outnumbered, but I went forth first to protect my soldiers.
Many were captured like me, some escaping. Most perished in the streets of the town, though.
If those whom escaped make it back to London, they will surely thank you for my sacrifice, but I defended that town in the name of God, and in the name of my people.
I hope you forgive me for the hardships I have likely brought upon you, and I hope that we may be re-united in Heaven in the future...
I love you, and remember, I-"

The hangman kicks the stool away.