Thread: Not the same thread

Nihil's Avatar Annihilationist

Default Not the same thread

if you are looking for you thread, I just merged a bunch of them, since they are all about the same thing. No more new threads on the same topic guys or i will simply suspend the curia.
    These two threads are obviously not about the same thing:

Firstly a thread by Darth Wong:

May I ask what, precisely, is the point of all these long-winded legalistic statements of rules and regulations and pseudo-governmental hierarchies of authority when the senior staff make decisions in private chats away from the forum and then proclaim them as imperial edicts without any discussion or indication that they will pay any attention whatsoever to feedback? Listen, if someone wants to run a forum as a dictatorship, that's his business. After all, we don't pay for this service, and whoever is paying has the right to run the forum as he sees fit (although I'm not sure exactly who that is). In any case, I do understand why a forum admin would simply hand down rules from on high and disregard the opinions of staffers and designated routes of user feedback. However, what I don't understand is why the forum would have such a complicated pseudo-governmental system where people are encouraged to believe that their feedback carries weight, when in fact it doesn't appear to carry any weight at all. What's the point of this entire complicated pseudo-governmental structure? Why not just have a feedback forum where users can submit feedback that may or may not be ignored by the staff, thus curing them of any illusions to the contrary? __________________
    Secondly from 1hHoplite

Alright guys, lets have it. I rarely post in the curia, let alone start a thread but this is important. Cradar has returned, everyone is going :wub: and I need to know why. Now, I've heard stories and rumors and flames and everything we fight against in this very forum. Before I and I'm guessing many other Civs like me, need to know what is going on. Therefore, I am commissioning this thread to get information. Now, I've tried reading the ostrakon threads and ive tried unraveling information from posts but I cant get a single calm, collect indivdual to tell me what is going on. There, I am pleading for one such individual to to chronical the story of what has happened. I need to find out what crandar did and what happened to make him leave. Please, help me out here guys. I want accurate information, if your drunk, stoned, high, have PMS or whatever, dont post. There are other threads to flame. I just want facts. Thats all. This recent turn of events has deeply troubled me and I dont want TWC to devolve. All this talk of civil war and seperate sites is deeply deeply troubling. Just, clue me in onto what is happening. Here are the facts I know so far: Crandar left LV didnt like him. Crandar returns LV doesnt like him The end - I need more than that .
    It may seem that all dissenting threads can be conveniently packaged away, all the better to ignore them, but if that is to be the policy, then I must encourage Archer to make good on his proposal and close the damn Curia and be done with it. :yes

It's not like the place is a democracy after all. :ninja
    Ex Nihilo, Nihil Fit.
    Acting Paterfamilias of House Rububula
    Former Patron of the retired Atheist Peace
    Current Lineup: Jesus The Inane, PacSubCom, Last Roman, Evariste, I Have a Clever Name, Gabriella26, Markas and Katrina

Darth Wong's Avatar Pit Bull

Default Re: Not the same thread

Unfortunately, it appears that I posted a thread which happened to use the exact same name as another thread, without realizing it. But my point is indeed a different one, not specifically about Crandar. It's more about the question of why we should have such an elaborate set of rules and regulations describing a mock government when in fact the important decisions are made by senior staffers in private chatrooms and the pseudo-government and all its complex hierarchies are just for show.

Yes, I have a life outside the Internet and Rome Total War
    "Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions" - Stephen Colbert
    Under the kind patronage of Seleukos