Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Historical Portraits resurrected! - over 200 portraits for the French campaign

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Special Portraits ~ NEW UPDATES!! 52 portraits now!

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Stables View Post
    Thankyou very much for the tutorials, they've been very helpful; I'm starting the process of copy-pasting everything across now. A bit unfortunate that a campaign restart is required to benefit, but I guess the term "suffer for your art" is quite appropriate!
    Instead of opening a startpos, you can open a save game and make the change there if you really want to benefit without restarting the campaign.
    But you'll have to make it twice if you want to have it in an ungoing campaign (edit the save game) and future campaign (edit the startpos)

Do you have any alternative link. Megaupload was shut I think by the goverment.

Ok thanks jovanov5, I've reuploaded it here

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21303..._portraits.zip

Thank you....

Nice pics ;-)

Foederatus

Good work, thank you!! but i found an error: the man in british admiral sydney smith's portrait is in fact admiral george rodney

These are really excellent portraits (though their addition in startpos and occupies some time ) ). You plan to continue work over mod? Whether there will be portraits for minors?
    What for a folder eur_napoleon?

Who such William Sydney Smith(Britain)? He is the priest?
    and C.A. Regnier?
    C.M. Talleyrand
    + ofc
    In what section for it to search? Sign them please
    Last edited by Yaropolk; February 10, 2012 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrebleu! View Post
    Oh and remember to save often, ESF editor has defects and can be unstable just like PFM. I've a love-hate relationship with this tool
    Use 1.4.5. For N:TW it stabler

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Piedmont View Post
    Good work, thank you!! but i found an error: the man in british admiral sydney smith's portrait is in fact admiral george rodney
    Hello Duke of Piedmont

Thanks. My hands are tied in MoE, I'll rework Sydney Smith when I've finished working on MoE

Quote Originally Posted by Reitar-13 View Post
    These are really excellent portraits (though their addition in startpos and occupies some time ) ). You plan to continue work over mod? Whether there will be portraits for minors?
    What for a folder eur_napoleon?

Who such William Sydney Smith(Britain)? He is the priest?
    and C.A. Regnier?
    C.M. Talleyrand
    + ofc
    In what section for it to search? Sign them please
    Hello Reitar-13

I'm working on MoE portraits which covers alot of minor faction kings and generals. If you're interested have a browse here

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...478635&page=49

Folder eur_napoleon is for the French campaign startpos, not to be confused with folder eur_mp_napoleon which is for the Coalition campaign startpos.

William Sydney Smith is an English Admiral
    C.A. Regnier is Napoleon's Minister of Justice or Keeper of the Seal I think
    C.M. Talleyrand is Napoleon's famous diplomat, who served as Foreign Minister

I'm working on MoE portraits which covers alot of minor faction kings and generals. If you're interested have a browse here
    Great. It only for MoE? They will be accessible in this theme?

Can lay out ui/cards and info?
    Last edited by Yaropolk; February 11, 2012 at 02:03 AM.

Yeah, the portraits i'm working on are available only in MoE until its release (or maybe beta release?), after which I will release everything I've made as a free resource pack.

I'll upload some of those pics soon....

These are just the MoE icons

Please note most of these characters are created by Steph and L'aigle in startpos. I only make these jpg portraits based on Steph's specification so I really haven't a clue how to include them into my own Special Portraits.

a few MoE examples

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Will you add these t this mod after you're done?

Yeah, the portraits i'm working on are available only in MoE until its release (or maybe beta release?), after which I will release everything I've made as a free resource pack.

I'll upload some of those pics soon....
    Yes. I understand your tactics. Good luck (but don't forget to lay out portraits after release )

Please note most of these characters are created by Steph and L'aigle in startpos. I only make these jpg portraits based on Steph's specification so I really haven't a clue how to include them into my own Special Portraits.
    ??? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...3#post10884593 it?
    And portraits for minors (kings and other) aren't included in mp_eur_napoleon.

Not need startpos.esf. Simply give portraits ui/cards and info(later). Thank you for work
    Last edited by Yaropolk; February 14, 2012 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reitar-13 View Post
    ??? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...3#post10884593 it?
    And portraits for minors (kings and other) aren't included in mp_eur_napoleon.

Not need startpos.esf. Simply give portraits ui/cards and info(later). Thank you for work
    Ah when I say these characters are created by Steph and L'aigle I mean MoE-unique characters such as Lasalle and many more that aren't in the original/vanilla startpos. My special portrait mod simply give existing vanilla characters new portraits, but not new characters.

My special portrait mod simply give existing vanilla characters new portraits, but not new characters.
    )) I know it
    You haven't understood me
    Now. In this version. In you mod aren't registered portraits in mp_eur_napoleon/startpos.esf for minors (kings and other)

Laetus

Thank you for this great mod. You have done some excellent work here.

If I may venture one tiny criticism it is that I wished you had used an earlier portrait of Archduke John of Austria. I think the one you used is based on a painting from 1847; in 1805 he was only 23 (his age is given correctly in game). He was made a General as a fresh faced teenager of 18 (presumably on account of his military genius and not because his dad was the Emperor )

BTW I wonder why CA used the mythical Michael Stowell as a British General when there were so many interesting real ones they could have chosen. (It took me lots of frustrating research before I discovered he never existed). I think there is one mod that replaces him with the historical General Lord Cathcart (sounds much better than boring old Michael Stowell IMO).

Talking of curious names for British generals, I just discovered in the paper today there is a recently retired one rejoicing in the name of Sir Barnabas White-Spunner. Why invent boring names when there are so many wonderful real ones

Thanks again for this delightful mod which adds a very pleasant extra dimension to the game!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast