Thread: Unit Model Error - Unit Variety Mod Feature

Icon4 Unit Model Error - Unit Variety Mod Feature

Playing as the Ikko Ikki (I am up to date with all DLC/patches etc, and am using DMS v2.75) I observed in my first battle that one of the models in ALL Ikko Ikki Ashigaru units EXCEPT matchlock is missing its midsection. From what I've gathered by looking at the rest of the models, the missing section should be a green sash/belt that ties the robe. The warrior monk unit models are all in one piece though I've attached some screens so you can see for yourself (circled in red).

It's a big eyesore and I really can't ignore it and play... I want to watch battles up close...

I believe this is caused by the Unit Variety Mod that is incorporated into DMS.

Has this been addressed? Can this be fixed easily?

Thanks

EDIT: I turned off Unit Variety and turned on Clan Retexture-- no missing midsections! I had them both enabled so perhaps that was causing the issue even though the launcher says it will disable the other if the other is selected due to incompatibilities. :facepalm:
    Last edited by Moonflower; August 14, 2011 at 09:56 PM.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong
    Hey moonflower, just wanted to say that your descriptions are indeed the best, so I will use all of them, of course. Regards

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Default Re: Unit Model Error - Unit Variety Mod Feature

Yes its having them both activated that causes these problems.

The launcher does not activate them both. It does the appropriate actions to have only one available. But if you have installed DMS on top it was probably required to press the button to set it again, according to what you had enabled last time you played.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

I would say judging by the colours of the units he has activated both, perhaps manually though.

Yes I had them both activated somehow haha, thanks for the responses

Question for Darth, or anyone I suppose, using DMS can I extend the campaign end date? Short Campaign preferably
    Hey moonflower, just wanted to say that your descriptions are indeed the best, so I will use all of them, of course. Regards

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

Get the extended victory conditions mod by spartan or one of gallus mods.

Yes I've tried Spartans, but when i add his .pack to my data folder the changes do not take effect in-game (even at the campaign loading screen it still says 1575 and 1600). I've actually had that same problem when I try to add my own custom .packs I've searched through the mod threads/workshop and haven't come across a helpful resource. Can you fill me in on my issue? Much appreciated

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

it should do regardless. Just start a quick test campaign if you have multiple season turns...

A-OK

so even if on the campaign screen it says 1575 short 1600 long, in-game the victory conditions will go to 1600 short 1640 long?

also, i just remembered that i had been forgetting to save my mods as movies, perhaps this is why they have not been showing up in my games??

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

No it should say in the campaign screen as well.
    Save your mods as movies?
    They are in the format they are suposed to be in when you dl them.
    I wonder if Spartans is using an oudated startpos.
    Try one of Gallus mod that has the extended victory conditions included.
    He usualy keeps his mods up to date.
    Last edited by Mr Kami; August 21, 2011 at 01:53 PM.

thanks Kami!