Thread: Unique Terrain?

Default Unique Terrain?

Now I know that its been discussed about unique settlements and the various why not, my question comes out of the same kind of thought. But not making the buildings unique but the land around the settlement. Now this comes out two thought trains, one was I once fought outside a settlement that had a giant freaking mountain outside its door, and the second from Norman Invasion about natural fortresses. I was wondering if it were possible to configure the land of the battle map to make such a natural fortress, after all TNS has the same idea about the natural fortresses.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Default Re: Unique Terrain?

Custom map tiles are possible, but I don't know whether that applies to settlement tiles as well

We haven't given much though to that yet, because there's a huge list of other things that we need to sort out first. We're gonna give it a shot though, we never say no to a challenge.

That would make for some more interesting battles.

Custom field battle maps with destroyed buildings in the game assets already? I smell Osgiliath eventualy!
    "Oh no! Uzbeks have drunk my battery fluid!"

Ah, now wouldn't that be a site. I was thinking more along the lines of rocky terrain for those in the mountains and such, but ambition is good. Also we enjoy pushing back the launch date.

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Over at Chamber of Records, a homepage Amroth was running until it was annexed by spambots and is now down for some reason, one member already had done some efforts to create Osgiliath. I think it worked quite well. He also worked on Imladris and Helm's Deep but at last the latter he never completed, afaik, due to too complex pathfinding.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

How often do you actualy fight at Helms Deep? I haven't played as Rohan alot, but I always try and fight away from my cities to maximize my cavalry.

The reason I suggested Osgiliath at first because you will fight there at least once as the RK, beginning at the second turn. The first time I fought at Osgiliath I was a little dissapointed there wasn't anything 'special' to see despite the lore saying the ruins were left there. The city wouldn't have to be anywhere near as destroyed as the movies suggested it to be (I don't recall what the books said about its level of destruction), but some burned out buildings thrown around would be nice.
    "Oh no! Uzbeks have drunk my battery fluid!"

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

I found a threat here featering Thor's work.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=184694
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

The things we could do if people worked together in some projects...