Thread: DarthMod makes multiplayer games unclickable

Laetus

Default DarthMod makes multiplayer games unclickable

Pretty much as in the title. I know people play multi coop with this mod, but I have strange issue.
    Whenever I load darthmod (only main darthmod file, I've pretty much extracted the issue) I cannot click any games in lobby (either multi or lan). Without mod it works, of course.

So what can be an issue here? Version of DarthMod itself? I know it worked a while ago, and didn't ever earlier, and worked even before all that. Sadly I can't remember with which version it works and with which it don't

The bottom line is it seems that it's an issue with DarthMod (duh), and not my setup or the way I run it.

Any ideas?

Tribunus

Default Re: DarthMod makes multiplayer games unclickable

Most mods will cause multi-player to cease working. I'm not sure if this is the case with DM.

Laetus

I know it already, but thanks for feedback ; )

But I want to stress it out once again - it did work. I've played two entire campaigns with my friend and it was alright.
    Now it's not working.

So what I'm trying to do here is make it an issue for someone who can fix it ; )
    (and not to read for like a 100th time something about "most mods break multi", no offend intended in any way!)

Tribunus

Was your friend also using DM?

EDIT: No problem.

Laetus

Yes, of course he did.

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

Are you using the launcher?

Laetus

Yes.

Laetus

I did some additional testing.
    I've checked why other mods would not break the ability to click on multiplayer games in the lobby.
    Here's what I did:
    - I've disabled DarthMod completely
    - I've checked if there is same issue with any random mod out there (for testing purposes I've took Radious_AIV4.pack).
    Issue was gone.

So now I have to figure out the reason why it is working and DarthMod is not:
    - I've took the packer utility available on this forum and started to play with those two files - darthmod_shogun.pack and Radious_AIV4.pack
    At first the difference was only (except for obvious) with type of .pack file set for both of them:
    darthmod_shogun.pack was a "Mod"
    Radious_AIV4.pack was a "Movie"
    Now this is probably the reason why darthmod requires a line within user.script file that will run in, but it doesn't mean I can't play with it for a bit (but I realize there is a reason for such type and without it some issues can arise, i.e. not everything from the mod is loaded)
    But for the sake of testing my issue I've tried changing darthmod's type to "movie" and after removing user.script running the game.
    It turn out I still cannot click multiplayer campaign games in the lobby.

So, what is the next step?
    - I've evened out these two files. I've basically left inside both of them the same "folders", without changing the values inside as it would be stupid.
    - I've saved both of them as movie, for the sake of testing (if Radious_AIV4.pack can work with multiplayers as "movie", darthmod with same main content should also work, right? even as a movie).

And now, the final result.
    After shrinking both files to only 3 common folders, with both of them I am able to click any multiplayer campaign and join it.
    These folders are, just for the record: battle_autoresolver_balances_tables, campaign_ai_manager_behaviour_junctions_tables, campaign_ai_personality_junctions_tables.

Next step for me was to check if type of the files matters. I've changed my shrunk darthmod_shogun.pack "movie" file into "mod" file and put appropriate user.script in AppData, as usual.
    The result? It stopped working, even with only three folders inside the pack, which was "working" when set to "movie" (or not, maybe it didn't load at all thus making me think it's working and I can click multiplayer games).

Summary
    It seems the game and the mod has different problems on themselves.
    Problem with game is it blocks you from joining multiplayers campaign games whenever it thinks your mods are, how to say it, "bad"? Maybe it has something to do with values over some range or something.
    And the mod's problems are it provides excellent experience using values that are over specified range, and it's using "Mod" type which blocks even very little part of it from working either.

Now, it is all in area of assumptions and seen in kind of non-professional way by a person who can't get why something does not work as it should.
    But with additional information I've provided I think someone with greater experience in modding this engine will help.

: )

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

You can't play mp with mods, simple as. Well actually some tables are not checked but thats a technicality.

UNLESS both players have the same mods.

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

UNLESS both players have the same mods.
    100% hedge.

Me and Kami used to try pre- ikko patch and even then your mods have to be exact, even your script files for the mod load order( might be placebo but it helped), even the most slightest of changes would render a CTD.

Example: kami liked tweaking some of his units fro personal flavor and if i remember he changed something silly like 1 line in the loan sword ashigaru file and even with that it refused compatibility.

So yes like hedge said vanilla for MP for now and the forseeable future