Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SeaBattles tips

Icon7 SeaBattles tips

i seem to struggle in seabattles ,probably because the units i pick are not the best Any suggestions for some good setups that may help me! Or that i could try out!
    And any tactics i could try or tips most welcome.

Any help most grateful

Default Re: SeaBattles tips

Well as far as the units you pick your gonna need a combination of good units. The most important units are units with whistling arrows. Whistling arrows will kill enemy ship morale and make them rout alot faster than they normally should especially when combined with matchlock fire or something else. Ships with whistling arrows: (Samurai light ships, samurai medium ships, samurai large ships) Samurai medium ships also have fire arrows but light and large ships have more men(archers) for there cost than mediums. Macthlock fire also hurts enemy morale and would be a good choice also: matchlock kobyas and siege tower bunes. If it is a 14k game you could also try taking a cannon bune (its expensive 6k) but it can be deadly if used right (superior range, and 1 or 2 shots can rout a ship, any ship.) Maby try taking a cannon bune and see if that style of play suits you. Or when someone else has a cannon bune and you don't you need to close as quickly as possible before u take too much damage, and the cannon bune should be your first target. Once you close on a cannon bune and start firing on it you will find it to be very fragile and easily routed. As far as other ships, they can be useful, but i view everything else as luxury and not necessity.

Anyways i wish you luck, Check out the link in my signature. On my youtube channel you will find 2 sea battles. Both were very good games and good examples of sea warfare in Shogun 2.

Just spam Large Samurai Ships, that tiny boat has a better morale than the Nihon Maru! I love how ppl complain about spams in land battles while sea battles can be way worse.

It's probably because sea battle players are a small minority of the shogun2 playerbase.
    Another Shogun2 Commentary

daelin4:
    Post edited. -Craig
    CraigTW:
    I don't like to reopen threads, but I honestly think there are some legit points in the original thread, which I'll reopen.

Thank you very much,this will be most helpful.

Ships with whistling arrows best to use them at begining of fight or save them a bit for later? i also noticed when my ships come into range and i click on whistling arrows it doesnt always fire it? do i need to be closer than nomal range? And do i need to b closer than normal range to use the fire arrows seems to happen with these also .
    thanks in advance if u can clear this up or add to it

My only advice is to make sure there is something good to watch on the tv while the archers on the boats trade volleys and the boats sit dead still in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Useless View Post
    Ships with whistling arrows best to use them at begining of fight or save them a bit for later? i also noticed when my ships come into range and i click on whistling arrows it doesnt always fire it? do i need to be closer than nomal range? And do i need to b closer than normal range to use the fire arrows seems to happen with these also .
    thanks in advance if u can clear this up or add to it
    still seems strange even when in range they dont always fire! Am i missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by Useless View Post
    still seems strange even when in range they dont always fire whisltling arrows! Am i missing something here?
    Is it me or am i doing something wrong?

Hi there !

Can't help you sorry,I know nothing of naval battles,besides that they take place in water.

Temper
    Last edited by (Darkelf) Temper; January 27, 2012 at 03:04 PM.

Sometimes the fire at will seems to bug out, so it can be worthwhile to toggle it a few times.

Cannon bune fights are ugly sometimes as the outcome seems a bit random to me,
    When playing with 8 slots I had good experience to take a big ship wit allot armor instead, bring it
    In front to take all damage by cannon ship, then when u got close with your fleedflank one side
    And try to catch the cannon bune fast then. Btw the way others here had the problem that in some cases cannon bune is isnt taking any damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon the Hun View Post
    My only advice is to make sure there is something good to watch on the tv while the archers on the boats trade volleys and the boats sit dead still in the water.
    dunno about this, as with RotS ships, naval is very fast now. One pass and it's all over

My naval battle on average is shorter than my land battle. Even with all da land rushing blockhead

hopolita's Avatar Civis

My advise to sea battles is, dont play them, BORING!

Quote Originally Posted by VersionLangley View Post
    dunno about this, as with RotS ships, naval is very fast now. One pass and it's all over

My naval battle on average is shorter than my land battle. Even with all da land rushing blockhead
    It was just one fight out the tens that I have had but in a 2v2 my rise of the samurai ships died despite having superior stats leaving the big tub ships fighting and they did nothing but fire arrows at each other for half an hour.

But all I do in naval is lose then copy the build I lost to until I unlock the region I want. The one with rise of the samurai ships interleaved with matchlock ships finished the fight so quickly that it is one I would recommend. Just not for team battles.
    Last edited by Cinnamon the Hun; January 28, 2012 at 07:57 PM.

yeah the matchlock ships seem very strong is used correctly, i c many using just heavy sams and matchlocks.
    Still not sure on the strongest builds though! GO all rots units and take some of the bunnes too! i really dunno yet wot bet works!

Unlock canon bune, it can't be boarded only shot at, and it can soak up damage pretty well.

It is so effective, you will even feel bad for using it. 3 to 4 salvos of canonfire at a kobaya will rout it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewtor Cordite View Post
    Unlock canon bune, it can't be boarded only shot at, and it can soak up damage pretty well.

It is so effective, you will even feel bad for using it. 3 to 4 salvos of canonfire at a kobaya will rout it.
    yeah too true! seems my cannon bune always routs first though! in 1v1 cannon bune shoot out ..i probably need to keep my gen nearer to it to win that dog fight!.. or another ship close to it, still need to test more..till i understand why!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pewtor Cordite View Post

the stupid comment ever.

the cheapest ROTS ship with whistle arrows will let ur canon bune rout. so stop talking please like u know anything about naval

go with light or med sam ships + siege bune.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast