Thread: Traitor Generals

Default Traitor Generals

Im not sure if this has happened to anyone else. But in my last campaign as the Hojo, the general that starts the game with your Daimyo, not sure the name, defected with half his army to my enemy at the battle screen. It completely surprised me but thought it was awesome. Betrayal was a major happening during this period. With Generals refusing to fight or outright attacking there ally on the field of battle. The funny thing about this was he was 74 years old. A 5 star general that had been in almost every major engagement I had fought since the opening of the game. Oh and I slaughtered him and his treacherous army. Was probably the coolest battle I have fought so far. Was a field battle in which I was not favored to win. Wish things like this happened much more often. Just thought I would share.

Default Re: Traitor Generals

In my last campaign my heir and his elite army were bought by the enemy. And he had 8 loyality points and 6 stars. I've used my ninjas to sabotage him till my metsuke arrived and rebought his army.

To the OP: Wait, he did what!?!?!?! Are you saying he defected on the campaign map, or when the battle started?
    If you rep me, leave your name. I'll look more kindly on your future transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernaut View Post
    To the OP: Wait, he did what!?!?!?! Are you saying he defected on the campaign map, or when the battle started?
    Im saying I went to attack an enemy stack and he defected with half his army as it comes to the attack options screen. So instead of having my two full stack army's attacking, I now had a generaless 12 unit stack and my supporting full stack with general. So when the option menu came up his army was a reinforcing army to the enemy stack I had originally attacked. There were no spy's, metsukes, or monks in the area and it was my turn. Hope Im explaining this clearly.

o.O

I swear it happened. I wish I would have saved the game at that point or taken a screen shot. I play by house rules of no saving unless 3 years have passed or I have to leave the game. Sadly I never screen shot ever, as I have never posted a pic from my actual game anywhere online. I will when it happens again.

This happened in one of my games, too, with an Ikko-Ikki general joining my side when the attack options screen opened, before the battle started. It seems to be a random, yet seldom event.

Quote Originally Posted by Belharkar View Post
    This happened in one of my games, too, with an Ikko-Ikki general joining my side when the attack options screen opened, before the battle started. It seems to be a random, yet seldom event.
    Awesome to hear that generals can defect either way. It has only happened once to me in over 350 hours of game play, but I hope to see it again, and screen shot it this time

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Would be great if we could figure out how to do this on purpose. It was indeed very common for enemies at the time of battle and would love to know how I could entice an enemy general to defect as his army is about to attack/be attacked by me! In dire need of generals on most of my campaigns and aside from outright buying them (which usually doesn't work, and isn't possible as Ikko Ikki) I can only wait for a random event.

Come here little general.. the grass is greener, I swear.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Quote Originally Posted by McCarronXLD View Post
    Would be great if we could figure out how to do this on purpose. It was indeed very common for enemies at the time of battle and would love to know how I could entice an enemy general to defect as his army is about to attack/be attacked by me! In dire need of generals on most of my campaigns and aside from outright buying them (which usually doesn't work, and isn't possible as Ikko Ikki) I can only wait for a random event.

Come here little general.. the grass is greener, I swear.
    Hahaha I agree completely. Treachery was very common in this period even though most think of the Honor of most samurai. Would like to see it a bit more often myself. Also agree about the number of Generals in game. I never have the money when the events come up early in game. And the fact your family tree is VERY limited means I barely have enough Generals to head my armies late game. This is mainly a CA problem. A daimyo had several retainers and lower generals. Its insane that CA hard coded 3 retinue and seems to have nerfed the family tree. A daimyo will never be on the same battlefield with a tier 3 family member. Stupid to me when my 70 year old daimyo dies and the next season I have the coming of age of my 32 year son. I dont see how CA messes so much up from one game to the next. Seems to me you would keep the good bits and get rid of the rubbish. But I guess I dont know how they do it on that side of the pond.

hochmeister devin's Avatar Senator

on the defection part i blive that is caused when your general is higher rank then your daimyo they get delusions of grandeur points -2,-3,-4,-5 ect per higher rank ie if hes rank 5 and yor daimyos rank 1 he will get -5 i blieve. also in this game when a low loyalty general attacks an enemy army there a chance he'll defect (much higher if he has delusions of grendeur)
    My mods
    -Mod Leader for the Wheel Of Time This is not the beginning, but it is a beginning
    -Mod Leader for Shogun 2: Foreign Invasion if you want a mod with alot of units this is for you, not only is there the 40 units CA made theres planned to be atleast 177 NEW units when its done.
    -Modder in the World War I and Shogun II project. The only full scale mod for FOTS and it plays nothing like FOTS. FOTS may have Gatling guns, WW1&S2 has tekidanto samurai, SNLF, MGs, kisho snipers, assault infantry(shotguns) just to name a few.

Use the Monk agent abilities and you will see it often.Choose low loyal level of general