Thread: removing the 3 protectorates

Icon4 removing the 3 protectorates

Hi, I'm having some trouble removing the 3 protectorates in the americas. I can take any city from them, except their (already changed) capital. If I remove their capital and ad it to their patron, the game won't launch.
    I'm doing everything by the book (regarding the region, army present in the settlement, indicating faction as emergent, ...) according to HusserlTW's great guide (thx btw, if you would read this).
    What would the reason be? Is it possibly related to the scripting.lua or is it about the diplomacy, or even something else? In other words: is there a faction-specific extra requirement for these protectorates which I am forgetting?

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Default Re: removing the 3 protectorates

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...81#post9539681

Hi Lethe1 - hoepfully the above will help, if not let the Cap'n or myself know and we will try and assist further
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

I'm afraid it didn't solve the issue, but it inspired me to attempt something else. Unfortunately, I'm a little short on time, so I'll have to put it on a hold 'till somewhere in september, but I'll let you if it works.

hello,

to get their capital you need to set it to another region (doesnt matter what is it) so you can get their last region off them. then you need to do basically set them to be emergent (see here and do the opposite http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=272139) but not put their faction name to be emergent into any region, so although they are emergent, they arent actually set to turn up in any region so they cant actually turn up.

The Cap

thx, but I've tried that first, it's only because this didn't work that I'm trying other things. I've already changed the capitals of New Spain and the 13C to New Mexico and Maine (lack of armies and buildings makes these quicker to retry if it fails again). All regions but the (new) capitals are transfered to the patrons.
    Problem is that every time I transfer one of them and change the protectorate to emergent (like the instructions say), ETW crashes when I want to start a grand campaign.
    I will try to mod scripting.lua as to make the transfer from protectorate to patron happen immediately, but that will have to wait a little due to a lack of time (once I start modding, I won't stop for several hours because of my excitement if something works: and I then want to take things one step further and then another and ...)
    Another issue I've discovered btw: AI is randomly developping buildings and recruiting (land & sea) in former New Spain regions when I play as Spain.
    Last edited by Lethe1; August 13, 2011 at 07:09 AM.

hello,

hmmm, some interesting developments (especially about the ai recruiting in your regions) if you would like, if you upload your startpos, i could have a crack at it after ive finished my sorting out my most recent mod (im sure i have the vanilla startpos somewhere but ive played dmuc for so long its probably not up to date).

Cheers

The Cap

finaly some news: I think I figured it out. Tomorrow, I'll let you know if it's solved. If not, I'll post the startpos.esf and scripting.lua. I've already tried several ways to remove them, and I think I might have succeeded now, at last!

best fix I found, was to edit scripting.lua as to make the protectorates (or at least: their least valuable provinces which remained) join their respective protectors in turn 1. After pressing "end turn" for the first time, AI still sees it fit to auto-recruit units in the former-protectorate regions, but this stops after the merger of the protectorates. I guess that's still bearable, since AI recruits decent units you would otherwise recruit yourself in a short notice.