Thread: Fire and fall back?

Icon5 Fire and fall back?

I highly doubt that this can actually be done, but does anyone know if it's possible to make units move backward while firing, or even just face forward while walking backward? (For those familiar with Sid Meier's Gettysburg!, think of the "fall back" button) I find it so frustrating that any time I want to pull back a section of my line, I have to order my men to turn their backs to enemy fire and walk away, even if it's just a change of a few yards.

Thanks!

Default Re: Fire and fall back?

Quote Originally Posted by Oistrakh View Post
    I highly doubt that this can actually be done, but does anyone know if it's possible to make units move backward while firing, or even just face forward while walking backward? (For those familiar with Sid Meier's Gettysburg!, think of the "fall back" button) I find it so frustrating that any time I want to pull back a section of my line, I have to order my men to turn their backs to enemy fire and walk away, even if it's just a change of a few yards.

Thanks!
    absolutely fantastic proposal. I hope some modders see this. I'm 120% with this proposal.

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Me too!
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Cpt. Stables's Avatar Libertus

Would be a godsend, what with the terrible problems to do with troops moving and facing. In addition to this, I propose something akin to 270% view on skirmishers. Seems to remove the point of being in a skirmish formation if they can't turn their guns left and right.