Thread: No diplomacy bonus for daimyo honour?

Default No diplomacy bonus for daimyo honour?

Hi all,

Checking diplomacy_attitude_table via PFM (darthmod.shogun.pack), where you can modify bonus relating alliances, marriage, hostages etc I noticed that daimyo_honour setting has value 0 in all 3 columns (Limit/change per turn/change once) does it mean we have no diplomacy bonus for daimyo honour by default or what else?

Default Re: No diplomacy bonus for daimyo honour?

If you check in game you can see the +10 or whatever for daiyamo honor in the diplomacy page. I see it all the time.
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by rob-a-dogg View Post
    If you check in game you can see the +10 or whatever for daiyamo honor in the diplomacy page. I see it all the time.
    You're talking about bonus you gain as personal trait for your daimyo or after certain "way of chi" researches, it's not the same...
    Last edited by T-Duke; August 11, 2011 at 08:22 AM.

I've begun to think that the honour bonus comes not so much from having honour, but from having more honour than the other clan, because the figure varies between clans and can even be negative despite above average honour.

This is definitely separate from chi arts based diplomacy bonuses.

And trait bonuses to diplomacy, which in my experience never work at all anyway. Better choose honour traits.

The bonuses to honour from the Chi tree shows up in the Diplomacy tab as "Mastery of the Arts".

Quote Originally Posted by Chranny View Post
    The bonuses to honour from the Chi tree shows up in the Diplomacy tab as "Mastery of the Arts".
    Exactly what i thought
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

The last campaign I had different factions had different values in relation to my daimyo's honour. Some had 10, some had none, some had -10, and one even had +50 (but still hated me). It made no sense in either way, but didn't seem to matter either way in any meaningful/consequential way.