Thread: My little building info sub-mod

Rakki Raiden's Avatar Foederatus

Default My little building info sub-mod

Hi guys, so I was playing Call of Warhammer (as people do) and i was playing as the High Elves. As i was playing i saw a few typos in the units info cards etc (not having a moan ) and i decided i'd correct some, having no idea how I googled it... So I sorted it out got a bit of confidence and decided to add info on the building which are listed as e.g. Chaos Temple 1, Chaos Temple 2 etc.

I got a bit carried away doing it (unfinished) and thought its a bit pointless if I did'nt share soo here I am.
    Ok its the first time i ever modded anything, and so I would like help, constructive critism etc as I would like to learn more in other fields too. I would post some sort of screenies but I don't know how so Im going copy and paste extracts. I don't know how to set it so it says spoiler aswell.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    First example:
    {temple_3_chaos} Large Chaos Undivided Temple
    {temple_3_chaos_desc} This is a Chaos shrine dedicated to the four Chaos deities; Slaanesh, the Dark Prince, is the Chaos God of Pleasure, Passion, and Decadence. Lust, pride and self-indulgence are the hallmarks of all that follow him. He is commonly known in the Empire of Man as the Prince of Pleasure and even the Prince of Chaos. He is the youngest of the Chaos Gods. While generally referred to as a "he" by Humans, Slaanesh is actually neither gender, combining characteristics of both and perfecting them. Khorne, also called the Blood God, is the Chaos God of Blood, War and Murder. His domain covers the most basic and brutal of sentient emotions and actions, such as hate, anger, rage, war and killing. Every act of killing or murder in the material universe gives Khorne power; the more senseless and destructive, the better. Khornates take no artful approach to killing, seeking only to slay rather than to inflict pain, because while the blood of their victims strengthens Khorne, their suffering actually empowers his nemesis Slaanesh. Nurgle, the Plague Lord, is the Chaos God of Disease, Destruction and Decay. He is known also as Grandfather Nurgle, the Lord of Flies and the Lord of Decay. His domain covers the forces of destruction, despair, entropy, and all things putrid and unclean. In particular, the emotion of despair in mortals empowers him. He is the oldest of the four Chaos Gods and is the most directly involved with the plights of mortals, particularly Humans. Tzeentch, the Changer of Ways, is the Chaos God of Sorcery, Change, and Manipulation. He is known under many other names, among them the Lord of Change, the Grand Schemer, the Lord of Sorcery and the Great Eagle. His domain covers the chaotic magic, evolution and change, scheming and manipulation of all kinds, mundane as well as arcane. There exists a permanent state of rivalry among the Ruinous Powers of Chaos. Where Tzeentch represents change, evolution and longterm planning, his enemy the Plague Lord Nurgle is a god of decay and destruction.
    {temple_3_chaos_desc_short} Large Chaos Undivided Temple

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    {elven_temple_3} Asuran Large Sanctuary
    {elven_temple_3_desc} A huge and magnificent Asur Sanctuary dedicated to the Cadai; Asuryan, is the greatest and oldest of all the Gods in the Elven pantheon and according to the High Elves he has been shaping their destiny according to his plan since the dawn of time. Hoeth, the Lord of Wisdom and Knowledge, is the Elven god of learning and sorcery, all of the scholars, teachers and mages, all who seek truth and understanding are his servants in the world. Isha is the Goddess of Harvest and of natural bounty, mother of the earth and bringer of fertility. It was she who taught the Elves the skills of agriculture and how to care for the land in which they lived. Her husband is Kurnous, the God of the Hunt and she is the daughter of Asuryan and Lileath. She is a merciful god who sends aid to those most in need of it. Lileath is the Goddess of Dreams and Fortune, also sometimes known as the Maiden, She is supposed to be the giver of dreams; those that have pleased her receive pleasurable dreams whereas those that have upset her receive nightmares. Loec, the dancer of the shadows, is the Elven God of laughter, tricks, and dance. While the worshipers of Loec have no true temples, they may have personal shrines within their homes. Due to his very nature, he is most often associated with the wandering Shadow Warriors of Nagarythe. Vaul is the Elven god of smithing and metallurgy. He is often shown chained to his anvil, blind and crippled. Vaul is worshipped by High Elf armourers and weaponsmiths, and the centre of his worship is the place known as Vaul's Anvil in the kingdom of Caledor in Ulthuan.
    {elven_temple_3_desc_short} Converts the populace to the Cadai

Just wanted to say I love this mod and I hope I can improve my work and you like it!
    Last edited by Rakki Raiden; August 10, 2011 at 11:05 AM.

Default Re: My little building info sub-mod

Last edited by Rakki Raiden; August 10, 2011 at 11:07 AM.

u need to upload the picture on the internet dude...try imageshack or photobucket

can you please change the chaos -buildings , letters-colour ? my eyes hurt when i try to read those info cards...i don't really care to read all that info but not even , being able to read what the building does is pretty annoying

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

I like the descriptions, can't remember what there was before (if there was), but those are good.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post
    can you please change the chaos -buildings , letters-colour ? my eyes hurt when i try to read those info cards...i don't really care to read all that info but not even , being able to read what the building does is pretty annoying
    You can change them (atleast some UI font colors), but this change will apply to all faction-UI's too, so there might be problem with them later, or not..

"descr_ui_colour_db" in data folder.

Other option is to change the UI, tone down the backround color.

EDIT: You can add spoilers by going to advanced mode and painting the content you want in them, and clicking Wrap (Spoilers) button, reddish one with shoutmark in it. Content boxes are good too, you can add title in them, same thing but press the last grey button.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; August 10, 2011 at 09:30 AM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Would you mind if I use the text as an update to my language installer? Credits is a given thing.

Edit: I adjusted the color for the text background of the Orcs and Nord Cultures (sharedPage00.tga) for better contrast. Extract into the data folder of CoW (or somewhere else and then copy the files into their respective directories)
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 11, 2011 at 12:03 PM.

Of course you can but im not finished, when would you need it by?
    Last edited by Rakki Raiden; August 12, 2011 at 05:14 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rakki Raiden View Post
    Of course you can but im not finished, when would you need it by?
    No rush or deadline, just indicate when you are finished and I will build it in.