Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Kahvi's mercenaries (New Sorceresses at post 907 -24.5.2016 )

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Kahvi's mercenaries (Beta-release, Valkia The bloody preview 26.8)

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post

There is one LM unit I have considered doing in the future, Karnac's lizardmen (if I remember right), it's old-school unit (1st or 2nd edition if I remember right), and they wear mostly modified Dwarven armors. Sounds interesting to do.
    I found a picture of them somewhere, I could try to find it again if you want

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

I have Armybook entry/description for them, and picture alongside it, but if you can find more, it would be great

Unfortunately I coundn't find anything about Kranac, but I'm gathering infos and pictures for other units, if you want

Have you ever thought of trying to make some skaven?

Quote Originally Posted by Grymloq View Post
    Unfortunately I coundn't find anything about Kranac, but I'm gathering infos and pictures for other units, if you want

Have you ever thought of trying to make some skaven?
    It's ok, I can do the unit, if i will, with the content I have. More is just better

About others, I suggest checking the posts early this thread, there is a quite bunch of possible units recommendations, like Valkia. If you have new ones, I'm all ears Tought they should be heroes/mercenaries, and official units.

About Skaven, no, I haven't, since I'm pretty sure Yeoman mentioned Skaven in future releases (2.0?), so better just wait and watch now. Plenty of other options currently, like Karnac. Also I'm not sure if they have mercenary units, and they would propably need new animations..

Oglah Khan’s Wolfboyz

Oglah Khan's Wolfboyz were a Dogs of War Regiment of Renown, consisting of a unit of hobgoblin wolf riders. Unlike all previous depictions of hobgoblins, these were not allied with the Chaos Dwarves, but came from further east, being associated with a nation of nomadic hobgoblin tribes.
    Oglah Khan was once a great warlord in the army of the great Hobgobla Khan, able to raise six-hundred spears to follow him in wars. He defected from his own army during the battle of Xen-Tu against enemies from Cathay after the hobgoblin commander, Hablo Khan was killed, only for the hobgoblins to be reinforced by the hordes of Hobgobla Khan a short time later, leading to a crushing victory for the greenskins. Fearing the wrath of his master, Oglah Khan and his retinue fled the steppes, finding employment as mercenaries in the Old World. Their first employer was the Black Orc warlord Godrug Smasher who wished to invade Tilea, but was resoundingly defeated when the Wolfboyz switched sides as a crucial moment during the Battle of Long Knives. Since that time, Oglah Khan and his followers have served a series of employers, their skills as scouts and skirmishers being much in demand, but have acquired an (entirely justified) reputation for treachery and untrustworthiness.

Raiders

Oglah Khan (maybe)

"You payz, we slayz!" - motto of the Wolfboyz
    "Hiiyaaarrghh!!!!" - battle-cry of the Wolfboyz
    Last edited by Grymloq; December 24, 2011 at 05:13 AM. Reason: PROBLEM WITH SPOILERS

Krystoforos's Avatar Biarchus

They are already made and will be in 1.5 version.

yeah they previewed these on moddb just a few days ago

I'll take a look!

Little heads up.

I want to remind currently Anakonda and her Amazons are for 1.44, I'll leave the dl link still there if someone wants to download it for it.

I checked and it appears Her and her troops are included in the official Battle for the Empire 1.5 (Have to get used to that name , CoW has changed the name for those who are not yet aware of this), and the CoW team added unique banner, recruitment video, and working sprites for them So please check them out.

So next update, Valkia, will naturally be for 1.5, so don't download current one for 1.5, since there is no reason for it, and it will up your game, 1.44 only.

Good news! Battle for the Empire sounds very strange It doesn't remind Warhammer

Quote Originally Posted by Grymloq View Post
    Good news! Battle for the Empire sounds very strange It doesn't remind Warhammer
    Actually it is Rage of Dark Gods -Battle for the Empire, so I have to correct myself a bit here. GW is very protective of the usage of theyr brand names, like every big corporation, so it needed change I think.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; January 01, 2012 at 04:01 AM.

Updated OP, now all previews, etc should work just fine for both Anakonda and Valkia, almost all had vanished:

Valkia The Bloody (Thanks Himster for idea)

Description

Faction: Khorne/Chaos-undivided
    Type: Spawning general
    Bodyguard: Khorne chosen
    Ancillaries: The Spear of Slaupnir, The Scarlet Armor, and her Daemonshield.

A Daemon Princess of Khorne who is said to be the consort of Khorne. Valkia was once the queen of a great tribe. She gained the attention of Khorne when she slew anyone in her tribe to question her right to rule. She then moved on to killing other Chaos lords and mighty followers of the other gods. One such was Locephax, a daemon prince of Slaanesh who was attracted to her and asked her to be a slave girl for him. This angered her and she killed him in a duel then placed his head on her shield.

Khorne was from then on her patron God and she made a pact to fight her way north to the realm of Chaos and place her shield on the throne of Khorne. But on her journey north she was killed in battle. Khorne raged over her passing, brought her from the dead and turned her into a Daemon Princess. She has the legs of a Bloodletter of Khorne and the wings of a bat. Valkia carries The Spear of Slaupnir, The Scarlet Armor, and her Daemonshield.
    Armybook entry

Art/figure

Valkia The Bloody Khorne

Valkia the Bloody Chaos-undivided

Next release:
    -For CoW 1.5
    -Valkia the Bloody for Khorne faction
    -Unique ancillaries
    -Possible musicians and banner-carrier for Amazons.
    -Unique ancillaries
    -Black armors for Chaos undivided faction

Last edited by Kahvipannu; January 02, 2012 at 03:44 PM.

Now I can see Valkia perfectly, you did a marveillous unit!

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Claaaaaasssss!!!!
    Yay, I got mentioned, I'm famous now.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Little updated preview of Valkia. Model/Textures are ready now, and they are now using Chaos-Lord Skeleton, so Valkia will be same size (taller than normal man). In-game preview, and ancs listed too.

Valkia The Bloody (Thanks Himster for idea)

Art

Valkia The Bloody Khorne - model updated

Valkia -In game battle preview

Valkia Ancillaries

Daemonshield

Will be updated..

The Scarlet Armour

Will be updated..

The Spear Slaupnir

Will bw updated..

Also I would like to have suggestion for the Hero-skill (rally) that suits for Valkia. Valkia's special rules can be found at OP, Armybook entry.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; January 03, 2012 at 09:36 AM.

Krystoforos's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Kahvi's mercenaries (New Valkia The bloody preview 3.1.2012)

what a dish! another reason to play as Corn(!)
    Last edited by Krystoforos; January 03, 2012 at 10:11 AM.

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

Nice to see it looks fantastic in game. I owe you some reps and this one is very well deserved.

Just give her traits/ancillaries/whatever to make her a 10 star general, which will represent her special rule for re-rolling break tests. Hero skills are silly because the AI don't use them. Not like the player needs anymore advantage over the AI.

Senator

very nice kahvi, awesome modelling

Quote Originally Posted by Krystoforos View Post
    what a dish! another reason to play as Corn(!)
    I was thinking playing Khorne-campaign when the translation and voices are up, and Reiks C-Mammoth too would be awesome, last time I played long Chaos-campaign was maybe CoW 1.1 , so it will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    Nice to see it looks fantastic in game. I owe you some reps and this one is very well deserved.

Just give her traits/ancillaries/whatever to make her a 10 star general, which will represent her special rule for re-rolling break tests. Hero skills are silly because the AI don't use them. Not like the player needs anymore advantage over the AI.
    Thanks mate.

I think you make very good point there, and that you are absolutelly right. I'll do as you suggested

Will be nice to command some Chaos-Mammoths with her

Quote Originally Posted by Saladin View Post
    very nice kahvi, awesome modelling
    Thanks mate. I tryed to stay close to the model/art, and it turned out pretty well, and this time around I knew a bit better what I was doing, when in the case of Amazons I was pretty much learning while doing.

And It's nice to see you around here, I think I haven't seen you here for awhile.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; January 04, 2012 at 03:41 AM.

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

perfect