Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Kahvi's mercenaries (New Sorceresses at post 907 -24.5.2016 )

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Kahvi's mercenaries (Anakonda's Amazons preview)

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    I didn't either I have made some skins, but this is my first model I made with Milkshape for M2. I encountered a lot of problems with getting the models right in-game, but Kolwen and T & D helped me a lot of troubleshooting, thanks guys. I just realized yesterday my installation of MS was bad, and after re-installing it everything fixed itself and I tought to put up the preview.
    I have to say you really made a good model. It looks as good quality as any other model in the mod already. What about making some lizardmen units just to give some variety?

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    I have to say you really made a good model. It looks as good quality as any other model in the mod already. What about making some lizardmen units just to give some variety?
    Thank you.

About lizards, I would love to try make one, maybe using orcs skeleton/anims, but I believe there isn't any official regiment of renown/mercs that I could use, except one that is a bit complex/time consuming to excecute

Tought someone proving me wrong would be great, since I totally agree, Liz-unit would be great addition to CoW.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Thank you.

About lizards, I would love to try make one, maybe using orcs skeleton/anims, but I believe there isn't any official regiment of renown/mercs that I could use, except one that is a bit complex/time consuming to excecute

Tought someone proving me wrong would be great, since I totally agree, Liz-unit would be great addition to CoW.
    There are skink cavalry that you could make as mercs.

Also check out Karnac's lizardmen:http://www.solegends.com/citrr/rr11karnac.htm
    Last edited by Himster; August 12, 2011 at 08:11 AM.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    There are skink cavalry that you could make as mercs.

The unit I referred is Tichi Huichi's riders (that one, atleast it's close), they have Horned ones as mounts.

Description from Army book:
    "Tichi-Huichi's Raiders are light green
    skinned with red crests and scales. Tichi-Huichi
    himself is a crimson red and he has a black crest
    and scales. The Raiders wield short spears that are
    obsidian-tipped and coated in poisons from the
    jungles of Lustria, as well as small round shields to
    deflect the blows of their attackers. The Raider's
    Horned One mounts are black skinned with red
    scales and more often than not, the blood of the
    enemies of the Old Ones dripping from their
    mouths."

I could use Cold One skeleton/anims for them, but it's more tricky unit to excecute, with advanced models, AND mounts, so I was hoping to find infantry merc for Lizards... But that's the one currently from them that I'm going to try to do, if I do.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; August 12, 2011 at 08:09 AM.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

I could use Cold One skeleton/anims for them, but it's more tricky unit to excecute, with advanced models, AND mounts, so I was hoping to find infantry merc for Lizards... But that's the one currently from them that I'm going to try to do, if I do.
    Check out my edited post there.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Krystoforos's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Kahvi's mercenaries (Anakonda's Amazons updated preview 12.8)

It will be nice to see some merc for Border Princes. This faction has so low diversity that I have never been willing to play them.

Khavi it's vary good idea with these merc because only Empire have access to many of them and it will be nice to add some of them to other factions.
    Last edited by Krystoforos; August 12, 2011 at 09:01 AM.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Krystoforos View Post
    It will be nice to see some merc for Border Princes. This faction has so low diversity that I have never play them.
    That's true, the border princes should be just militia and loads of mercs.
    -Betrand Russell

agreed. border princes in lore had armys that were 70-80% mercenary,and were unique for employing all races so you could find elves,dwarves,orks,goblins and many others all in the same army.also units from brettonia were often present as gifts from the king for the border princes defence of the region which was one of the main routes to brettonia.
    according to lore there is large unit diversity including regiments from araby,cathay and lustria. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    Also check out Karnac's lizardmen:http://www.solegends.com/citrr/rr11karnac.htm
    That was exactly something I was looking for, nail on.

BP is still "young" faction in the game, added lately, but I agree, they could use more stuff.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; August 12, 2011 at 10:16 AM.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

That was exactly something I was looking for, nail on.
    Any time man, if you need help with obscure lore, I'm your man, I have pretty much every book from before the 7th ed.

BP is still "young" faction in the game, added lately, but I agree, they could use more stuff.
    I think they have the right amount of stuff that is theirs, it's the mercs that are lacking, most mercs would do a tour there as a sort of initiation.
    -Betrand Russell

Some info on Tichi Huichi' raiders
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Sources: armies of renown and gamesworkshop website

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Good work friend

1Q - we didnt have lustria, how do you plan implement them in game?

As they are mercenaries which are traveling all over the world (also the old world), they can be mercenaries as the others with no problem imho.

Great stuff man!
    THANK YOU COW-TEAM FOR THIS FANTASTIC MOD! A DREAM CAME TRUE!
    Sorry for my bad english

Thanks for infopara and Himster, do you guys have armybook entry for Karnac's lizardmen?

Isilendil, as derdavid explained, they are one part of Regiments of Renown, Armybook entry in first post. They can be hired in Lustria area, but also in others if other players agree in tabletop. I'm planning to add them same way as Ricco, Venators, etc are implemented, random recruitment question, general spawns, and unit recruitable in mercenary camp And glad that you like it, I try my best

Anakonda (general) preview soon, model ready, currently texturing.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; August 13, 2011 at 06:09 AM.

Anakonda (unit hero/general) preview. I have found none art for her, and tabletop model don't exist, only description I had is this from the Armybook:

"What is known from the collected journals and rambling testimonies of various explorers lucky enough to have survived prolonged contact with them, is scant. It is believed they take their names from the jungle beasts with which they share their lands. These names are tied into strict ritual and one scholar has theorised that totemic identities are granted after a physical trial akin to a rite of passage. Anakonda, their leader, is known as such after she wrestled a huge snake, slew it and flayed its skin to wear as a trophy and record of her deed. Other warriors in the warband have performed similar feats and are named accordingly."

So I made her to wear that skin, and tooked the shape of cloth from amazon "patriarch" tt-model. Needs still tidying up, textures, clipping and stretching issues, etc, but here:
    Anakonda (hero)

Last edited by Kahvipannu; August 13, 2011 at 10:38 AM.

Default Re: Kahvi's mercenaries (Anakonda preview 13.8)

Wow! Im falling in love with that lady! Amazing unit! I really liked it. Sorry, I have no info on Karnac's lizardmen.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Thanks for infopara and Himster, do you guys have armybook entry for Karnac's lizardmen?
    The source is spring journal 1985, and in it it references the second edition rules for the basic profile lizardmen with Karnac being a 25 hero, they don't mention rules for Huris, but the total war engine doesn't allow him to be in the unit anyway, so it doesn't matter.

They are a regiment of renown based around Karaz-a-Karak.
    They have a mysterious origins, but the dwarves found them imprisoned deep under the mountain when they mined too greedily and too deeply, the miners were slaughtered and devoured, or worse sacrificed in bloody ritual by being eaten alive. Given the way they look and their particularly primitive looking models (more akin to troglodytes than lizardmen), my theory is that they were a failed experiment by the Slann which they then imprisoned in a place they thought they could never escape and wreak havoc. Subsequently a vast city and a sizeable primitive society developed which may reach the surface at any time. dun dun dun.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Anakonda (general) preview soon, model ready, currently texturing.
    Exquisite.
    -Betrand Russell

Nice new units Kahvi.

A tabletopmodel does exist for Anakonda:

First on the top

But I have to say, that I like your model more.
    Last edited by derdavid; August 14, 2011 at 12:16 PM.
    THANK YOU COW-TEAM FOR THIS FANTASTIC MOD! A DREAM CAME TRUE!
    Sorry for my bad english

Where did you find those? Never seen those figures before, what "unit" it is called? It seems there is models for Hummingbird with it's standard, and Piranna too, great find!
    +1

Good news is that the model isn't very far away visually from what I did, it seems she is wearing the skin in her back in the figure tought, but I doubt I change it.