Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playable WHAT for the First Time?!

Default Playable WHAT for the First Time?!

Sea battles?! You mean I can download this mod, send out 2 biremes, and guide them to fight against 2 enemy ones? Is this truly serious and can I do this?

Also will there be boarding with corvus ships and marines firing missiles at each other?

If so then you people have made the MOST HISTORIC DEVELOPMENT IN ROME: TOTAL WAR HISTORY!!! No one has EVER created or probably even attempted to make sea battles! This means that the most significant drawing advantage that Empire, Napoleon, and Shogun 2 have over Rome is completely eliminated, ushering Rome back into the gaming world as a warfare simulating superpower.

Default Re: Playable WHAT for the First Time?!

And by missiles I mean arrows or on board artillery of course.

ObiWan86's Avatar Civis

As i know about Roman Time Warfare is only boarding ships, firing catapults, firing arrows and burn ships.

I guess the naval battles aren't released yet.
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

They aren't released yet, but not simply enabling, but 'creating' naval battles is one step towards perhaps every modders.....very moist sleeping thought....of breaking the faction hardcode limit. If this is possible then Rome can always go further.

jmilan77's Avatar Decanus

High yes we have this to be released on the 0.89 version, it shall be on alex a it is the only one that has no bugs,

To explain the engine, as there are only certain things we can do with the engine. You have your ships good start now to kill other ships you have 3 options, unfortunately you can not board other ships as not possible with the engine, anyway you can kill by ramming other ships, using archers on your ships with flanking arrows to weaken ships, or if you have an higher tier ship, you can have a rotatable onager on board to fire, unfortunately at the moment though, scorpions and ballistas don't work but we are going to try to sort this issue

Now I hope this answers some questions, when I get back soon I shall create a thread with some test pics and other info for you regards
    Mod Leader for Roma Vici Total War
    Current release: 0.88

Lou337's Avatar Decanus

Is there somewhere we can view the naval battle screenshots from your testing??
    Visit my blog

I'm trying to find some in our old forum that was my own to show you, only trouble it's a pain in the neck with doing this with my phone, when I get back I shall get some actuall screen shots and Vids

This is early from our testing with animations, ignore the phalanx they will be archers

Last edited by jmilan77; August 11, 2011 at 02:41 AM.

Lou337's Avatar Decanus

Oh wow great job guys!
    Visit my blog

Looks promising. Fire arrows and flying rocks away! If you could find a way to make boarding that would be pretty cool. I could imagine the soldiers jumping onto enemy boats, but they fly through the air like they were tossed by elephants! Either way awesome work you guys are doing.

Thankyou I think with the adde options, boarding would be possible on medievall 2 but rtw it's just to buggy

Thats uber-great My wishes and congratulations to the team!

Is it really that buggy? What happens when you try to board? Is it like the siege tower glitch where units fall through the gap between the tower and the wall and die instantly?

No basically the game ctd, it's just really impossible, but once it's all released we may look into making it for med 2 for mods to use for sea battles and the added boarding

Sounds good. Though for some reason Medieval II just seems like it's missing something that Rome has. Maybe it's the unit variety or the feel of the battles and campaign?

Yeah I know what you mean but EB 2 does look pretty awesome, could make it available for that team

I haven't tried EB 2 yet, but I have tried the first one. Very atmospheric and difficult. It's hard beating those Romans as Carthage! Anyway, I'll be waiting eagerly for those screenshots of yours.

Yes give us a while as I have to get the previews out first of 0.88.5 of which is going to take a while, shooting the vids and pics then sorting them for each faction preview ect

Oks we will wait.
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

but can you please try making a bi version for the sea battles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast