Thread: The Helios - Message from Staff

Saint-Germain's Avatar Comte

Default The Helios - Message from Staff

Just an FYI, this was part of the Staff April Fools' prank. Good times were had by all.

The Helios - Message from Staff

People and Google Bots of TWC! Don't get too excited, this is not a full edition of the Helios, I am merely relaying some messages from my superiors. (The Helios will return in full and a blaze of glory later this weekend - be prepered for a Shogun-themed issue on Sunday!)

In essence:

It appears that, despite the cajoling of many respectable members, the quality of conversation at TWC has dropped remarkably. In short, the boards have been flooded with spam. After a certain amount of deliberation, the senior staff have decided to crack down on spamming, trolling and the posting of inane and useless banter.

What a Heraklean task! Cleansing the boards of all useless and idle chit-chat and opening the way for intelligent debate - soemthing seen too rarely around here, where every second 'debate' is just another rehash of the same tired old arguments. In case you haven't got the gist, I support the staff in this endeavour - constant spamming gets on my nerves something terrible (The migranes! Oh the migranes!)

I don't know about you people, but I came to TWC for the TW, and stayed for the intelligent debate, not the idle Chat.

I realise that there will be many people who disagree with the staff's decision, but it is best to trut them with this matter - they all have the best interests of the site at heart. Nothing more.

That's all for the moment, see (most of) you on Sunday for more Helios!

Menander
    Last edited by Saint-Germain; September 08, 2006 at 09:11 PM.
    né Menander
    Under the covetous wing of Ozymandias
    Patronizing my favourite (not so) little guy, Turbo

"With this weather, it might as well be Thursday..."

Default Re: The Helios - Message from Staff

Its Stupid, We have rules we follow them, if we dont we are moderated. The level of moderation at the moment is perfect, relaxed but firm when needed. You dont get strict on a monday and all relaxed on a sunday because you think we are slacking in debate, and staff cant say "Look Debate NOW" We can do as we like as long as its within the rules. So this is rather pointless.

Sorry.

Yeah, we're considering opening up a few more moderator positions; or at the very least bringing in some large scale changes to help this.
    I think there are enough/too many mods. I just think a few of them should be a little more active.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

plasticfigurine's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: The Helios - Message from Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Menander
    ...Cleansing the boards of all useless and idle chit-chat and opening the way for intelligent debate - soemthing seen too rarely around here, where every second 'debate' is just another rehash of the same tired old arguments...
    Maybe we should rename the site to IDCenter, the Intelligent Debate Center, then. No offence to anybody, but as of lately, these boards have been turned into nothing but political debates that have nothing to do with the what this forum was founded upon...Total War. Sure, we still have tons of mods that have their homes here in TWC, but I've noticed that some people seem to forget that this is even a fansite for the Total War brand.

In my opinion, TWC was much better when it was pretty much "Total War Center! (With some intelligent debate thrown in)". To me, now it seems like "Intelligent Debate! (oh yeah, and some Total War stuff too)".

I hope that I haven't offended anybody who likes the way TWC is today. Like I said, this is just my opinion. And as for the spam problem, I fully agree with LV on this. Nobody (that I've seen at least...correct me if I'm wrong) has been breaking the rules. If anything, some of the staff have been on the border of spam (check the "Happy Birthday" thread for example).

At last, I hope I got my point through...I've been pretty silent on these boards up until right now, so hopefully I'll be heard.

I don't know about you people, but I came to TWC for the TW, and stayed for the intelligent debate
    EDIT: Ok, i feel like an idiot now...just put me on the chopping block :wavecry
    Last edited by plasticfigurine; March 30, 2006 at 12:50 PM.