Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fellow lovers of the leaf (cigar thread)

Default fellow lovers of the leaf (cigar thread)

NO! im not talking about weed. I am talking about the tobacco leaf when it is turned into that beautiful work of craftsmanship known as the cigar. So, am i the only member of the TWC that loves a finely crafted cigar, or are there other cigar lovers around here?

I was 17 years old when my uncle gave me my first cigar, a Romeo y Julieta. I was not terribly impressed by the cigar and it made me feel some what sick, most likely because i didnt know how to smoke it, however my uncle is a huge cigar consumer and i am very close with him so i decided to give cigars another try. This time i went with a more mild casa blanca cigar and i found it much more enjoyable, and thus i really entered into the cigar world. Over the years i have become quiet the fan of cigars, though i rarely smoke more then 3 a week. I love nothing more then coming home after a hard day at work eating some dinner and then sitting down outside to enjoy a cigar, currently my cigar of choice would be the Excalibur No. 1 with the Connecticut Shade wrapper. Overall though i would have to say that my favorite brand of cigar would be the Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real.

Well i guess really what my point of this thread is, would be to find out if im the only cigar lover on the TWC and if there are more cigar lovers to have a place where we can share our thoughts and stories regarding cigars. Maybe if there are other cigar lovers here at the TWC we could form a social group or something?

Before i forget i was also wondering if any of my fellow cigar lovers have any recommendations for a good full body cigar. I have always been a mild and medium body cigar smoker and here recently i have been wanting to try full body cigars and i really dont know which brand i should buy. I buy my cigars from JRcigars.com, so i cant talk to a tobacco store clerk and get his recommendations.

Oh, and if any of you anti-smoking nazis/zealots come in here preaching about the evils of tobacco and how your all morally superior to us smokers i will report you to the mods for off topic and disruptive posting.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

Tom Crooze's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: fellow lovers of the leaf (cigar thread)

Enjoy your cancer.

I kid, I kid.

I take a few whiffs of a cigar every year at new years, does that count?

Under the stern but loving patronage of Nihil.

Psychonaut's Avatar Domesticus

I smoke a lot of Black and Milds. Really cheap tiny cigars

I've only had one REAL cigar, when I went to Germany a few weeks ago. I quite liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Visna View Post
    I take a few whiffs of a cigar every year at new years, does that count?
    why sure it does. Do you have a favorite brand to welcome in the new year with?

I smoke a lot of Black and Milds. Really cheap tiny cigars

I've only had one REAL cigar, when I went to Germany a few weeks ago. I quite liked it.
    well im glad that you got to enjoy a nice real cigar

Enjoy your cancer.

I kid, I kid.
    haha, well we all die from something my friend

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

Quote Originally Posted by Templar Knight View Post
    haha, well we all die from something my friend
    I'd prefer dying of something quick and painless, as opposed to a slow process that will cause much pain on you and your family.

I smoke a pipe on occasion, but not very often. Cigars are just too much money!

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I very occasionally smoke some Black & Milds when amongst friends, and have had a couple of the finer, real cigars. Those were gifts though, I am not in a position to afford the nice ones on my own

That said though, I hardly smoke them anyways, it's a rare occasion for me and even at that, only when I am in the company of friends who would also be smoking one. It's a social thing for me, no more.

Quote Originally Posted by PeasantsSuck View Post
    I'd prefer dying of something quick and painless, as opposed to a slow process that will cause much pain on you and your family.
    Life is a slow process that will cause much main on you and your family.

So are children.

Quote Originally Posted by Hader View Post

Life is a slow process that will cause much main on you and your family.

So are children.
    Just saying, I'll take dying in my sleep when I'm 80 over dying in a hospital when I'm 50.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

Blog Entries

Just saying, I'll take dying in my sleep when I'm 80 over dying in a hospital when I'm 50.
    Cigars may not be any healthier than cigarettes, but most people I know who smoke them still smoke them rarely. So it isn't always so terribly bad.

That said, we all have our preferences though. I would at this point rather die before losing half my senses, memory, or ability to walk a few feet when I am older.

Quote Originally Posted by Hader View Post
    Cigars may not be any healthier than cigarettes, but most people I know who smoke them still smoke them rarely. So it isn't always so terribly bad.

That said, we all have our preferences though. I would at this point rather die before losing half my senses, memory, or ability to walk a few feet when I am older.
    That's horrible logic.

"I don't want to have to give up the lifestyle of a young person so I'm just going to kill myself when I become old."

Blog Entries

That's horrible logic.

"I don't want to have to give up the lifestyle of a young person so I'm just going to kill myself when I become old."
    That's not exactly what I said. Maybe it's not that easy to explain, but I do not wish to die when over half my body is pretty much already dead.

But now we are getting off topic, so let's stop here.

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

I´d like to start smoking these things soon, but right now I just can´t get my hands on them because all the good ones cost too much .
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

Quote Originally Posted by 43rdFoot View Post
    I smoke a pipe on occasion, but not very often. Cigars are just too much money!
    I hear you there! cigars are expensive! haha. Im just thankful i have a job that allows me to indulge. So your a pipe smoker? I have thought about maybe picking up a cheap pipe and trying it out sometime, but i guess i just dont know where to start so that has kept me from ever trying out a pipe.

I very occasionally smoke some Black & Milds when amongst friends, and have had a couple of the finer, real cigars. Those were gifts though, I am not in a position to afford the nice ones on my own

That said though, I hardly smoke them anyways, it's a rare occasion for me and even at that, only when I am in the company of friends who would also be smoking one. It's a social thing for me, no more.
    Cigars are indeed a very good thing to have at social gatherings. I always make a point to have cigars available, cheap ones, when i host a party, a bbq, a poker game etc.

I´d like to start smoking these things soon, but right now I just can´t get my hands on them because all the good ones cost too much .
    Cigars are indeed expensive, but not all fine quality cigars are expensive. If you are serious about wanting to try out cigars i would highly recommend doing some research into cigars and you will find bargain brands that are good smokes. Do you live in the United States?

People please, lets drop the cancer and dieing talk. Its way off-topic and i did not start this thread to discuss such things.

Wegen7 die Große's Avatar Domesticus
    In the country side of the once glorious British Isles.

NO! im not talking about weed.
    What? im outa here
    Deutschland Gloria
    Heil dir im Siegerkranz
    Preußens Gloria - Florian Geyer lied *new*
    Königgrätzer Marsch - Ostpreussen Marsch *new*
    Imperial German Navy
    Preußenlied - Ich bin ein Preuße. kennt ihr meine Farben
    Schneidige Truppe
    Die Wacht am Rhein
    Was ist des Deutschen Vaterland
    Das Lied der Deutschen
    Deutschland Gloria (zwei)
    Tannenberg Marsch - Waidmannsheil
    Düppeler Sturm Marsch - Frei Weg
    Erika - Jagdgeschwader Richthofen *new*
    Viktoria Marsche - Unter dem Grillenbanner *new*
    Von der Tann - Siegesmarsch *new*
    EDELWEIß - Badenweiler Marsch *new*
    Alter Jägermarsch *new* - Panzerlied *new version*
    Glory to Britannia
    God Save The Queen
    The British Grenadiers.
    The British Grenadiers Song

DeutschenVaterland's Channel, here are some good videos, for people who enjoy the none liberal Deutschlands/Germanys.
    Hail to the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, rulers of the Commonwealth
    and Belgium!
    Look further down for the rest of my sig

Quote Originally Posted by The Royal Tart Toter View Post
    people in this country (USA) are ing idiots when it comes to understanding politics and the like.
    "People can take whatever they want from a sentence and display it in any fashion they want to" That alone can prove democracy is a failure!

Welthauptstadt Germania eins
    Welthauptstadt Germania zwei

What is a joke without pissing someone else off?
    A bad joke!

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

You people who smoke Black and Milds disgust me.

I'm a big cigar aficionado. I used to be REALLY big on them a few years ago (I would smoke one with friends probably 4 times a month), but since then I've tapered off. I smoke on rare occasions nowadays, maybe 3-4 times a year.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

Cigars are indeed expensive, but not all fine quality cigars are expensive. If you are serious about wanting to try out cigars i would highly recommend doing some research into cigars and you will find bargain brands that are good smokes. Do you live in the United States?
    The Netherlands, and I'm 17, not sure if thats a good age to start but I really want to experience different kinds of smoke. Not talking about the cigarettes bullcrap, but the real deal (cigars).
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

Psychonaut's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by therussian View Post
    Not all of us have access to real cigars. Beggars can't be choosers, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascarona View Post
    The Netherlands, and I'm 17, not sure if thats a good age to start but I really want to experience different kinds of smoke. Not talking about the cigarettes bullcrap, but the real deal (cigars).
    If your Dutch, why don't you just do to coffee shops?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by therussian View Post

Why, does it destroy the ecosystem more so than any other smoking product out there?

If it's enjoyable it shouldn't matter what cigar tier or whatever it is on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast