Thread: Star Wars Mod?

Laetus

Icon7 Star Wars Mod?

Hi! I have lurked around twcenter as a Guest and finally got around to making a forums account. The reason I did this was to propose a mod which might interest some people (namely myself). I don't have the time or the expertise to do this so I'm just throwing it out there in the hope that some random modder takes it up.

Star Wars Mod.

Yep, I said it and I reckon that I'm not the first. I was thinking that someone could replace the katanas with lightsabers. The animations of the katana samurai while fighting each other really fit. The spears could also be replaced with those long lightsabers and the matchlock samurai could maybe be made into storm troopers or droids.

Just throwing my idea out there. Feel free to use it, criticize it or even improve on it. Thanks for reading this and hope you have a good day!

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Default Re: Star Wars Mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Condiments View Post
    Hi! I have lurked around twcenter as a Guest and finally got around to making a forums account. The reason I did this was to propose a mod which might interest some people (namely myself). I don't have the time or the expertise to do this so I'm just throwing it out there in the hope that some random modder takes it up.

Star Wars Mod.

Yep, I said it and I reckon that I'm not the first. I was thinking that someone could replace the katanas with lightsabers. The animations of the katana samurai while fighting each other really fit. The spears could also be replaced with those long lightsabers and the matchlock samurai could maybe be made into storm troopers or droids.

Just throwing my idea out there. Feel free to use it, criticize it or even improve on it. Thanks for reading this and hope you have a good day!
    Well, it wouldn't be hard to create the units and the effects. See the video I made a while back:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svMJz6Ymisw

However, we are unable to create a campaign which would suit the star wars universe. We cannot change the map in such a fashion. So there wouldn't be much of a point in creating a star wars mod.

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

We can't cahnge the map

Laetus

I'm not really suggesting a complete overhaul you see which is why I placed this thread here and not in the Compilations & Overhauls category.

That was a really cool video and I don't see why it got that many dislikes. I hope someone decides to do this cos' then I will be a really happy man.

Regardless of the fact that the map cannot be changed, I think it would be an incredibly fun mod and I'm sure I would play it. Even though Shogun 2 modding is in its infancy, we can edit units weapons and colours, we sure as hell can make the blaster effects.
    I'm not sure on importing models like lightsaber handles or blasters but hey a little imaginatin wouldn't hurt whilst playing. I'd happily pretend I'm fighting on one island of one planet.

Condiments, I applaud you. Yes, I did scoff at the title of this thread but having read it, I think it would be excellent!

If you want to play a star wars strategy game, just get Star Wars: Empire at War.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

In a way that's an advantage of it. SWs is hard to put into scale. I mean the macro warfare is across the whole galaxy, but it's fought by guys in white armor running around on foot... You'd still have hundreds of thousands of soldiers fighting over an island the size of Japan. Billions fighting across planets, trillions across sectors, quadrillions across each arm, etc. (Maybe not, I'm not sure how populated their galaxy is) but still.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

One could even make up one's own story! That the Empire had landed on Earth, and their first target was Japan!
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

man i would totally play that. ive been waiting for a strategy game like star wars to hit. mass jedi fighting. ing awesome.

I'd be willing to modify existing models and such, but i have no idea what programs to use.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

well for the map TED progam is already there, but this mod need to do by large amount of people to be done ,
    map = ted
    unit = hmm yes it can be replaced
    effect = armstrong effect can be used
    sound = nah its the problem , it need recorded and editing again , well if you prefer silence unit it more easy :d
    building = ...... i dont have a clue here since i never see mtw2 castle in shogun2 :p
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze