Thread: Mod help?

Default Mod help?

I really am not sure if this thread should be here, or in a mod help forum, so please forgive me if this isn't really the appropriate area! I've been playing this mod and am really enjoying it, so I've been testing various factions etc to see how everything works. So, to my question: is it possible (and if so, how) to add a unit to another faction? Let's say I want to add a Norman Footsoldier to the Frankish empire.

I understand how the culture works in the export_descr_buildings page, so I tried setting it up something to the effect of

recruit_pool "Norman Foot Soldiers" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { eastfranks, } and region_religion orthodox 70, and adding { eastfranks, } to the unit page. All of that works fine, but the unit when recruited is a silvery skin, which I believe is an issue of missing the correct texture? That part I haven't been able to figure out via trial and error.

(I know, I know, it's not historical, it's just an example of units, and Norman Foot was easy to find in a page for me!). Again, sorry if it's really not the appropriate area for this, since it's usually the locations for threads about the mod as a whole, I was just curious if it was even possible to move around units once a mod was fully developed, so to speak.

Rod The Viking's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Mod help?

Quote Originally Posted by VanRW View Post
    I really am not sure if this thread should be here, or in a mod help forum, so please forgive me if this isn't really the appropriate area! I've been playing this mod and am really enjoying it, so I've been testing various factions etc to see how everything works. So, to my question: is it possible (and if so, how) to add a unit to another faction? Let's say I want to add a Norman Footsoldier to the Frankish empire.

I understand how the culture works in the export_descr_buildings page, so I tried setting it up something to the effect of

recruit_pool "Norman Foot Soldiers" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { eastfranks, } and region_religion orthodox 70, and adding { eastfranks, } to the unit page. All of that works fine, but the unit when recruited is a silvery skin, which I believe is an issue of missing the correct texture? That part I haven't been able to figure out via trial and error.

(I know, I know, it's not historical, it's just an example of units, and Norman Foot was easy to find in a page for me!). Again, sorry if it's really not the appropriate area for this, since it's usually the locations for threads about the mod as a whole, I was just curious if it was even possible to move around units once a mod was fully developed, so to speak.
    You need to make some changes in battle_models.modelbd and the EDU file too (i think).

Check out this tutorial for full info ... http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=346427

Have fun.

I was afraid it might be something like that. Thanks for the quick answer though!

Rod The Viking's Avatar Libertus

No problem.