Thread: ingame unit descriptions?

Default ingame unit descriptions?

just curious if you guys were going to try to give a decent description for each unit you put ingame. ive played many mods where no description( equipment, history, fighting style, ect) or a very short unhelpful one, really makes playing as those units well un-inspiring and dull.

i would also think that your brilliant mod would need unit description even more so as a good bulk of your units are hoplites, so we would need this type of detail to get ourselves into the culture we are playing as.

now ive seen in some previews some good efforts at doing this, and others havent. so my questions follow as. what you have given as description in your preview what will go under unit cards? and can any of us members help in any way if that would take to much effort to do that for every unit, as in you could tell us what research needs to be done and we could help out in any way?

Default Re: ingame unit descriptions?

The descriptions on the previews are not examples of ingame unit descriptions, think of them more as captions. The ingame descriptions by our historians I'm sure will satisfy.

Believe in Hegemonia... Or the Megarian will get you.

Default Re: ingame unit descriptions?

for unit decsriptions is needed somebody who is expert and fluent with ancient greek warfare and history,expert and fluent with english and has a lot of time....if there is somebody who could help here it would make it faster than translate descriptions in good english fast and efficiently

as in you could tell us what research needs to be done and we could help out in any way?
    so if somebody wants to give it a try, could start by sending a sample lets say for hoplites (since its basic in the game) and if he is good and fast he could help i guess
    ...but innocence was lost long ago