Thread: recommended settings?

Default recommended settings?

hey i was just wondering if anyone had an opinion on what settings i should use, my card makes the game look good but the amount of troops in darthmod takes its tole on performance. heres my dxdiag,
    Attachment 176116
    thanks.

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: recommended settings?

Welcome panther to DMS and TWC may your stay be blessed by the rolling heads of your enemies.....

To your question i reckon......Not bad at all mate i would say High to ultra on most settings.

Big ones to watch and tweak are

-AA especially in DX11 and if you are using retextures.
    -shadows- eat up GPU very quickly
    -depth of field can be a small hog if everything else is ultra
    -some others but negligible.
    - also if you use something like fraps dont always get disheartened by the reading go by feel and enjoyment, the battles get pretty quick paced sometimes so speed is not everything

long of the short of it is; custom battles chum; cant go wrong 2x armies on each side and slug it out going for maximum confrontation with loads of infantry which will stress the animations so you can get a good idea of what you should be playing at.

Also just watch your multipliers in your script too, i have a very high end sys but i like playing at x1.25 multiplier nice size units and manageable battles

You will quickly get your bearings

Quote Originally Posted by ♔BayonetFodder-San♔ View Post
    Welcome panther to DMS and TWC may your stay be blessed by the rolling heads of your enemies.....

To your question i reckon......Not bad at all mate i would say High to ultra on most settings.

Big ones to watch and tweak are

-AA especially in DX11 and if you are using retextures.
    -shadows- eat up GPU very quickly
    -depth of field can be a small hog if everything else is ultra
    -some others but negligible.
    - also if you use something like fraps dont always get disheartened by the reading go by feel and enjoyment, the battles get pretty quick paced sometimes so speed is not everything

long of the short of it is; custom battles chum; cant go wrong 2x armies on each side and slug it out going for maximum confrontation with loads of infantry which will stress the animations so you can get a good idea of what you should be playing at.

Also just watch your multipliers in your script too, i have a very high end sys but i like playing at x1.25 multiplier nice size units and manageable battles

You will quickly get your bearings

alright thanks for the advice and the warm welcome

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

No worries glad to have you aboard....

leave some nice pics for us in the DMS pic thread so you can show us how you enjoying it

.......and closed, if you are still having issues just drop me a PM to reopen