Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sengoku Jidai Universal Units: All units to all factions, same recruitment criteria.

Default Sengoku Jidai Universal Units: All units to all factions, same recruitment criteria.

Greetings, friends.

I, like many of you, find it annoying that I can't toy around with all of the Sengoku Jidai units in one campaign. Therefore, I have made this pack that let's you recruit them all with any faction.

"But Unahim!!!!", I hear you cry, "we already have one of these???". Not quite. You see, while we have a version that allows you to recruit all the units, that version let's you recruit them all from simply upgrading your fortress. In -this- version, you need all the buildings the original faction also needed to build it.

So, if you want Shimazu Heavy Gunners, you can get them with any faction, but you'll need an armory. Mori raiders? Sword school. And so on.
    I believe this version provides you with all the fun of the Jidai pack, while keeping balance intact, as you still need to choose what you want to focus on. In the other version, I believe balance is affected, since you can access all those units even in your fully economic-based capital, for instance, without investing in military infrastructure.

Updated: There is now an AI weight list for recruitment, simply add the "SJUUairecruit.pack" to your data folder if you want the ai to be able to recruit them. They still need all the right buildings, so they shouldn't "spam" them too much, but let me know if any particular unit is getting spammed a bit.
    To clarify: If you want the ai to recruit, you need both files, else you just need SJUU.pack.

All in all, a simple solution to a simple problem, made and tested in just 30 minutes.

Oh, and of course you still need the DLC, don't be silly.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Unahim; August 08, 2011 at 08:23 AM.

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Default Re: Sengoku Jidai Universal Units: All units to all factions, same recruitment criteria.

Ah, now that's an awesome application of the DLC units. Nice work!

Default Re: Sengoku Jidai Universal Units: All units to all factions, same recruitment criteria.

Nice work. One suggestion, if possible it would be great if you changed the names of the units to more neutral names ie drop the faction name for each unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernhard of Clairvaux View Post
    Nice work. One suggestion, if possible it would be great if you changed the names of the units to more neutral names ie drop the faction name for each unit.
    Yeah, I was thinking about that, but currently the PFM isn't able to directly read Unit_stats_land, which I'd need for this, unless you do some workarounds with a hex editor and such. I really don't want to mess around with hex editors too much, and adding "neutral" unit variants(except if you mean dropping the name from every faction, even the "home" faction) would mean making 10ish "custom" units anyway, which would take far, far longer than the time it took to create this file.

I'm not sure it's worth it, but if the PFM ever gets fixed and I have time on my hands, I'll definitely look into it.

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

looks like a really clever piece of work there chum...

drop me a line and we can put you up in the DMS sub forum if you like?, would have to check the compatibility etc, but nice big audience to get it out too

any ways keep up the good work!!

Added the AI weight scales for recruitment, let me know how well they do in your game.

And I'm not sure this really belongs in the DMS sub-forum, maybe if it was a bit more polished with the neutral names and such ^^

If this is DMS compatible, I really, really want to know about it. I suppose there is no doubt it clashes with AUM-SHO?

Quote Originally Posted by Berengar View Post
    If this is DMS compatible, I really, really want to know about it. I suppose there is no doubt it clashes with AUM-SHO?
    Well, if that's the case then maybe I should ask for it to be added to the DMS sub-forum after all. Also, this will clash with AUM-SHO if AUM-SHO also attempts to change what factions get the DLC units, but not if AUM-SHO only edits their stats and such(since I didn't touch any of that.).

I personally never used AUM-SHO, but if you find out that it's incompatible, let me know and I'll add that in as a disclaimer. I have a reasonably good hope that it will be compatible, however.

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Unahim View Post
    Added the AI weight scales for recruitment, let me know how well they do in your game.

And I'm not sure this really belongs in the DMS sub-forum, maybe if it was a bit more polished with the neutral names and such ^^
    well fair enough, but no one said anything about belongs... was just offering some more exposure etc

I personally never used AUM-SHO, but if you find out that it's incompatible, let me know and I'll add that in as a disclaimer. I have a reasonably good hope that it will be compatible, however.
    Well swiss is always very approachable and friendly so drop him a line and maybe he can help you out sorting compatibility. it might also give people who are not into AUM something different, there arent many but you never know.

Last edited by ♔DARTH LEGO♔; August 09, 2011 at 03:02 AM.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Well, if that's the case then maybe I should ask for it to be added to the DMS sub-forum after all. Also, this will clash with AUM-SHO if AUM-SHO also attempts to change what factions get the DLC units, but not if AUM-SHO only edits their stats and such(since I didn't touch any of that.).

I did similiar thing in my Units mod where i uncloked all DLC units for all clans,works without issues together and i changed way more things then you. So adapting it for AUM is just matter of few minutes.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Compatibility with Darth 2.7 and Aum Sho's latest beta is just fine.

It might be silly season, but this campaign is going to be fun!

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Yeah, I was thinking about that, but currently the PFM isn't able to directly read Unit_stats_land, which I'd need for this, unless you do some workarounds with a hex editor and such. I really don't want to mess around with hex editors too much, and adding "neutral" unit variants(except if you mean dropping the name from every faction, even the "home" faction) would mean making 10ish "custom" units anyway, which would take far, far longer than the time it took to create this file.

I'm not sure it's worth it, but if the PFM ever gets fixed and I have time on my hands, I'll definitely look into it.

Just use the MP variants for rest of the clans, they dont have the faction name in it and are exactly same. I kept faction variants for clans which are suppose to own the unit and rest are mp variants.

So for example Chosokabe has Chosokabe Daikyu Samurai and rest clans have only Daikyu Samurai (i rebalanced bit stats so clan specific version is slightly stronger, but thats optional), same for rest clans, each of 11 playable clans have their 1 clan specific version of DLC unit and rest 9 is mp varriants without clan names, non-playable clans have 10 mp varriants as it should be. Works perfect, no issues at all.
    Last edited by Radious; August 09, 2011 at 05:01 PM.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

I love how quickly you guys have smashed these new mods out.

+5 coolness points to

Anton
    Unahim and
    Radious

Cheers!
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

Alright, I'll attempt to get an updated version out with the MP units, instead of the clan-specific ones. I'm currently mainly studying for a test I have coming up, so I might not find time for it right away, but it'll definitely get done eventually.

Wonderful mod, I hope it could be a sub mod to DMS so that I can use it.

Still haven't gotten around to the naming thing, guys. Just a bit burned for time lately. If anyone else has the drive to do it, feel free to use this mod as a base or reference.

This mod doesnt work with Mitch's "all clans playable" mod (or program rather).
    The lesser clans doesnt get access to the clan specific units.

I did confirm aum-sho mod working with lesser clans though.

just wanted to inform about this =)

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

Does this include naval ships too?

Shock'n'Awe's Avatar Civis

Bought all the DLC's just to use this XD
    Awesome mod! Big Fan!

GMoon777's Avatar Libertus

awesome! bro!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast