Thread: How do you make a new projectile?

Default How do you make a new projectile?

So I am trying add a new projectile using an existing one. In this case I have cloned shogun_matchlock and renaming the clone as shogun_long_matchlock changing its range to 150 in the projectiles_table, but the game would not load once I give any matchlock units that new projectile in the unit_stats_land_table. Is there something else I must edit or add?

Default Re: How do you make a new projectile?

Yeah, this has been frustrating me. I'm trying to make a bow unit with a longer range and while I can successfully edit the basic attack whenever I attempt to edit the special abilities (i.e. flaming arrows) it won't load. I've attempted to create all new projectiles for flaming arrows and whistling arrows. Tables I'm working in:

unit_to_unit_abilities_junctions
    projectiles
    unit_special_abilities

I've renamed the above tables in my custom mod, and I can load the game until I change unit_to_unit abilities and attempt to use my custom abilities. I'm guessing that I'm missing a table that these 3 reference somewhere.

However, I don't see what other tables would be involved. They all seem to tie in very nicely.unit to unit abilities dictates that such unit can use this ability, which should go to unit special abilities, at the end of that table it references what projectile to use, and in projectiles...it seems like it makes sense.

OOOOOH! Unless it has something to do with the description text, on a whim I thought maybe it's because it can't load any text for it, and there is an abilities.loc file. Will try messing with that and get back.

Well, that doesn't appear to solve the problem...agh

LOL, i forgot to add the unit_abilities table, now I can get it to load, but the actually ability is absent.

hmmm, maybe it has to do with the tga structure

You need to go into the unit_to_unit_abilities_junctions table to assign the ability to the unit.

Did....still not an option that shows up in the battle.

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

you need to assign the ability to a technology in the technologies_table, their is a custom_battle_tech or something like that in there that does it.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

Even if the ability doesn't require a technology? I'll have to look at that table when i get home