Thread: Shogun 2 Review

Default Shogun 2 Review

The Good: Fairly easy gameplay, not to buggy, learning new things about Japan, good selection of buildings and units, diplomacy is greatly improved (enemy factions will actually surrendur).

The Bad: Famins happen to much, hard to get trade, all factions hace the same units.

Final Statements: Shogun 2 Total War is a good game and great joy to see after the failure of Empires Total War. The gameplay is fun and despite the large scope of the game it is not overly buggy, but best of all the diplomacy part of the game has greatly improved. Other factions will now make smart and sensible dissisions like surrendruing and keeping allinces. However this game is not with out its flaws, espcaily when compared to past Total War games like Medieval 2 and Rome. For instance the need for an internet conection is very annoying, and I don't like how you no longer need to build seige equipment like ladders and battering rams to attack a settlement. However what bugs me the most is how all the factions have the same units, one of the past things about the Total War games was how different eash faction was and how you had to come up with different straties for each campaigne. But Shogun 2 Total War made the same mistake Empires did and gave each faction accus to the same units, taking away much of the replay value.

Yet Shogun 2 is still a fun game to play and is proof that Total War still has what it takes.

(Please write your oppinions.)

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Shogun 2 Review

opinion: if you want that people really value your review, expand it to more than just two lines for "good" and "bad", or at least go into more detail. also some spelling wont hurt

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by aceking2 View Post
    and despite the large scope of the game
    good joke

Christonikos's Avatar Centenarius

OK, I have to admit that what I noticed about Shogun 2 was indeed its diplomacy improvment.

Hmm...moved to "Player Reviews", whatever that is.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

What joke?