Thread: [Request] Shorter battles submod

Icon3 [Request] Shorter battles submod

Anyone care to make a submod for shorter battles, with every unit having a lower defence? I've tried it myself but I ended up with a CTD

Default Re: [Request] Shorter battles submod

Quote Originally Posted by barthigi View Post
    Anyone care to make a submod for shorter battles, with every unit having a lower defence? I've tried it myself but I ended up with a CTD
    I must admit I'd like that too :S

Celtichugs123's Avatar Senator

We (the team) wont be making one. All is needed is to tweek the appropraite files, I imagine. But like I say, the team wont be making one, most like.
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

“For myself, I find I become less cynical rather than more--remembering my own sins and follies; and realize that men's hearts are not often as bad as their acts, and very seldom as bad as their words.”
    - J.R.R Tolkien

No worries then...although I did tweak the export_descr_unit file and all I did was change the defence skill which took me a good while for every unit but for some reason I got a CTD...any idea why?

Protestant Knight's Avatar Centenarius

My battles last 5 to maybe 15 minutes unless its a siege battle I don't get why alot of people I haveing long battles
    Last edited by Protestant Knight; August 07, 2011 at 02:49 PM.

To be fair I haven't had a battle which is not a siege battle, but every siege battle I have had is almost always at the very least 50 minutes if the forces are equal. I had a stack of fryd spearmen holding off their whole army down one road for about ten minutes!

Celtichugs123's Avatar Senator

well this isn't the thread to talk about this, but 50 minutes!?!? Christ above, you doing somthing wrong!? :O I've never had a battle that long, seige or no seige - I play on VH for battles.

Anyway, no idea about the crashes. What all did you change? Defence value? Armour? Tbh, this isn't my feild. Gigantus would be the man to ask!
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

“For myself, I find I become less cynical rather than more--remembering my own sins and follies; and realize that men's hearts are not often as bad as their acts, and very seldom as bad as their words.”
    - J.R.R Tolkien

Same here mate haha! I play on very hard in battles but without using the speed up thing in sieges it takes FOREVER! For example I had one set of Theigns still fighting on the walls while the bulk of the viking army was smashing into my main force near the plaza and it took about a good 15 minutes for that one group of Theigns to simply defeat one lower tier light infantry unit! And it was just the defence skill and that was it...I'm going to give it another try tomorrow and I'll let you know how it goes

My battle speed seems to vary. I'm not sure what the determining factors are. Sometimes the battles feel like they're the right speed, but other times they take FOREVER. Especially sieges. I don't mind realism, but I don't have the amount of time necessary to play this mod if that battle speed stays the same... XD

Anyone who made a submod to change the speed would have my thanks.

EDIT: (And before anyone asks, no, I am not doing anything "wrong".)
    Tegyvuoja Lietuva!

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you..."

Rod The Viking's Avatar Libertus

I've just made a quick file change that should hopefully speed things up a bit:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...7#post10068967

Just bare in mind it's an alpha/WiP :p

Cool! If it works it should be a sticky.
    Tegyvuoja Lietuva!

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you..."

senka_saw's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by barthigi View Post
    No worries then...although I did tweak the export_descr_unit file and all I did was change the defence skill which took me a good while for every unit but for some reason I got a CTD...any idea why?
    If the only file you changed was the EDU, and you get a crash, it is almost always the culprit of a syntax error... like a missing semi-colon or an accidentally deleted space or something. Almost impossible to find, but really easy to make when editing so many units. When this happens to me I end up having to redo the changes...making sure to be extra careful the second time