Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lord Golog's Map Alterations (included in V4)

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Default Re: Lord Golog's Map Alterations

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golog View Post
    I've tinkered with the map some more since the first release. Expect a Version 2 of the submod in the relatively near future.
    Please be aware that each release needs to gain its own permission before release.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Upon further review, the new version shall be pushed back until Version 4 is released, and I shall see about releasing what I have as a sort of Version 1.5. This is due to the way that the relevant map files are set up, as all map alterations will have to be done over from scratch once we switch to the altered official map in V4. I apologize if anyone got overly excited for a new release. The good news is that I can apply what I've learned from making the current version to creating a much better version for V4.

This looks great, too bad it's not working for me. I apply the rar-file and add the hotfix. It's the same campaign map as before

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

have to delete map.rwm.

map.rwm is basically all of the map data from the different files condensed into a single file which the game uses to generate the map. When you start a new campaign after map.rwm is deleted, it'll take longer for the campaign to load as the game must create the new map.rwm using the new/replaced data.

I'm curious to ask whether anyone has fought a battle in the revised mountain pass between the Romuli and Greeks, and how it looks on the battlemap. I'm also curious how the altered regions in general look on the battlemap. I haven't played Thera in a while myself, so if someone could cap a screenshot of some of these locations, I'd be quite grateful, and sprinkle reputation upon thee.

Just loaded up Thera and fought a battle in the mountain pass, the co-ordinates were 434,61 if that helps. I think it looks pretty good, although it might be a bit better if the pass was a bit narrower as at the moment the cliffs are kind of right at the edge of the map.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Thanks for the pics. +rep to you, as promised. The map seems to be just about what I was hoping for it to look like, being narrow enough so you can easily see both cliff faces, but wide enough so you can have a decent field battle. I've never cared for incredibly narrow mountain passes with steep cliffs, doesn't work very well.

Updated first post to version 1.1. Nothing exciting, just included the hotfix in the main download to make things easier to install. Now the whole thing is just one download instead of two.

Lord Golog has agreed to allow inclusion of his sub mod in the full version 4 release, much rep to him

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    Lord Golog has agreed to allow inclusion of his sub mod in the full version 4 release, much rep to him
    Only just seen this, congrats to Lord Golog . Will there be any other changes to the map in V4 by the way?

Yes this sub mod is included, along with some other changes. I wont go into any more detail as it is all still very fluid at this point.

Download links dosen't seem to be working for me
    "Romans, Senators, friends. Latium is firmly under the rule of the Senate and People of Rome. The Latin people are now one. Not since noble Brutus drove out the last king have we known such a glorious day. But now my friends, in this our of glory we must be on our guard! To the south, treacherous Greeks and Samnites block our trade. Tarquinii grows beneath a tryrant's heel. That tyrant threatens Rome! Will we abandon Tarquinii? And now Barbarians raid from the North, burning and pillaging Roman lands. Shall we let dager fester and grow? Or will we at as Romans with courage and dignity? Remember we are the Sons of Mars! As Senate leader I call upon tribunes Gaius Julius and Decius Brutus to smash the Gauls and releave Tarquinii. All those in favor say I!

ZOMG, a post! I'll check the links for you.

Edit: Seems okay to me. Perhaps you could try again?
    Last edited by Lord Golog; July 31, 2012 at 06:50 AM.

The links work alright for me, sometimes if they're not working you just need to refresh the page a couple of times.

Forgot to post that I got to work. Must've been something on my end
    "Romans, Senators, friends. Latium is firmly under the rule of the Senate and People of Rome. The Latin people are now one. Not since noble Brutus drove out the last king have we known such a glorious day. But now my friends, in this our of glory we must be on our guard! To the south, treacherous Greeks and Samnites block our trade. Tarquinii grows beneath a tryrant's heel. That tyrant threatens Rome! Will we abandon Tarquinii? And now Barbarians raid from the North, burning and pillaging Roman lands. Shall we let dager fester and grow? Or will we at as Romans with courage and dignity? Remember we are the Sons of Mars! As Senate leader I call upon tribunes Gaius Julius and Decius Brutus to smash the Gauls and releave Tarquinii. All those in favor say I!

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Howdy Golog, I've only really just seen this and become interested, however I must agree with moving the cliffs closer together on that one pass. It's the only passage between Romuli and Hesperos lands, and I really think that a Thermopylae-style battle could easily be fought there in vanilla Thera, but unfortunately not in this submod. And chance of moving them closer?

No new version of this submod will be made until V4 is released. I can't really motivate myself to do it sooner. Though there will probably be a new version within days of V4's release, assuming permissions are granted quickly.

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Ah, cool. Well, I wish you luck with TFON.

Man, Thera's been dead silent lately.

Default Re: Lord Golog's Map Alterations (included in V4)

Helloy, download link is dead.
    I checked it proxyanonimus - it is dead.
    Help please.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast