Page 53 of 109 FirstFirst ... 32843444546474849505152535455565758596061626378103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2171

Thread: [Spoilers] Game Of Thrones - Clash Of Kings ( SERIES )

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Default Re: [Spoilers] Game Of Thrones - Clash Of Kings ( SERIES )

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    Don't know why she didn't just say Jofre to begin with lol. I think everyone who was watching and didn't read the book was hoping for that as soon as the guy said that he would kill anyone.
    I couldn't hear what he was saying at first and just heard the Red god was going to kill 3 people to make up for Arya saving them, and if so would have expected her to say Joffrey or Cersei. Where's the other two guys anyway? Did he volunteer to the Lannisters or just steal someone's armor and start hanging around with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobz View Post
    "And we get to live another day. Woopie do."

I am immensely happy that HBO cast Dolorous Edd
    Is that who that one guy is, meh, hasn't done much.

I liked the episode very much, the only real criticism is the rather rushed scenes at the beginning, it felt like Renly's death was a bit of an afterthought. Two nitpicks though and both to do with guards: where are Catelyn's guards gone - she had them previously; and surely Tyrion would wander through the streets of an increasingly unsafe King's Landing with more than just Bronn (as awesome as he is!)?
    No money for guards, it's all going towards prostitutes.
    Last edited by Ulyaoth; April 30, 2012 at 04:45 PM.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RZZZA View Post
    I realize that but she is also a Dothraki khaleesi, and she ate a horse heart, and she leads a band of Dothraki savages. She wasn't raised in Westeros and knows nothing about Westeros. Despite her lineage, she must appear just as savage and foreign to the people of the West as a real Dothraki would.

I mean the Iron Islanders don't even consider Theon to be one of them, and we're supposed to be led to believe that Daenyrs actually believes the people of Westeros would welcome her?
    Dany doesn't, which is why she's trying to raise an army. Mormont is trying to convince her otherwise, though his intentions seem a bit cloudy to me.. The people of Westeros might support her claim, if she can take power by shortening the war, having dragons on side might make that possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyaoth View Post
    I couldn't hear what he was saying at first and just heard the Red god was going to kill 3 people to make up for Arya saving them, and if so would have expected her to say Joffrey or Cersei. Where's the other two guys anyway? Did he volunteer to the Lannisters or just steal someone's armor and start hanging around with them?

Is that who that one guy is, meh, hasn't done much.
    Being vicious criminals they fit in with Ser Gredors men so they were hired. Rorge and Biter joined him to.

Dolorous Edd is more of a comic relief that is just sort of around. He doesn't do a whole lot directly being a secondary character.

Quote Originally Posted by RZZZA View Post
    I mean the Iron Islanders don't even consider Theon to be one of them, and we're supposed to be led to believe that Daenyrs actually believes the people of Westeros would welcome her?
    Yes. She's still somewhat young and naive and has only heard her family's side of the story from her brother. Who, despite tormenting her, was still her brother who she respected for much of her life, and her only connection with Westeros until Jorah Mormont. She hasn't heard much of the Mad King aspect that saw her House nearly destroyed. So right now she's under the misguided belief that she would be welcomed by many if she returned. Mormont tells a more balanced side of the story, but doesn't want to alienate himself from her by giving her the cold hard truth that her father was a insane monster who was responsible for the war that got the Targaryen's removed from power.

Timur Amir's Avatar Centenarius

Dolorous Edd!

I am most approving of this.

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

PYAT PREE WAS ING AMAZING
    "Nothing like a nice relaxing stroll on the beach, blasting bad guys with my boomstick."
    - Gunnery Chief Ashley Madeline Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    Seriously, I dont think there is a character less likeable in the entire series then Daenarys, I remember being annoyed everytime I reached a new chapter and saw her name
    I thought I was the only one. The Qwarth chapters were quite entertaining though.
    "Nothing like a nice relaxing stroll on the beach, blasting bad guys with my boomstick."
    - Gunnery Chief Ashley Madeline Williams.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    That scene was awesome, Maisie Williams and Charles Dance killed it.

Campidoctor

It has just occurred to me that there's a certain irony the Quartheen dresses from the book aren't included in the show as it will be too much gratuitous nudity.

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

Doubtful for the gratuitous nudity. It'd just be distracting.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

It's the fashion in other eastern cities as well? It's a bit strange considering many women in the dothraki wedding were topless...

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

Why is everyone worried about Martin killing off characters? I'm half way through the first book of Storm of Swords and NO ONE is dying!
    Everyone is so comfy cozy that I just want to throw the book to the garbage and yell out to the heavens:
    "WHY!?!!!!"

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Drunk Penguin View Post
    Why is everyone worried about Martin killing off characters? I'm half way through the first book of Storm of Swords and NO ONE is dying!
    Everyone is so comfy cozy that I just want to throw the book to the garbage and yell out to the heavens:
    "WHY!?!!!!"
    Come back to us when you've finished it.

Yoda Twin's Avatar Vicarius

This.
    WARNING MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR SOS
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Was just staggered with how much action actually went down in the second half of the book, struggled to keep up. The duel between the Viper and the Mountain is the shining piece during all the crazy stuff happening, Martin was especially cruel in that scene.
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Drunk Penguin View Post
    "WHY!?!!!!"
    Yeah, this^ multiplied by thousand.
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gungalley View Post
    I thought I was the only one. The Qwarth chapters were quite entertaining though.
    I just dont see how anyone could like her... shes a spoiled brat thats dumber then a bag of rocks (I put that down to her being born of incest).

Is being hot a redeeming quality? Because thats all her character has

Hakkapeliitta's Avatar Senator
    Dark side of the Moooooon (where the cows are)

It has just occurred to me that there's a certain irony the Quartheen dresses from the book aren't included in the show as it will be too much gratuitous nudity.
    Yeah, it's weird. A lot of the scenes that aren't in the books seem to have a lot of gratuitous nudity, but scenes where the books had tits and stuff don't in the series.

In the last episode, the way Doreah and Dany looked at each other makes me sure they're gonna get it on soon.

Tyrion is definately the best part of this season, together with the Stannis scenes. Peter Dinklage is the best actor in the series, in my opinion.

|Of, the esteemed House: DE BODEMLOZE|

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Hakkapeliitta View Post
    Yeah, it's weird. A lot of the scenes that aren't in the books seem to have a lot of gratuitous nudity, but scenes where the books had tits and stuff don't in the series.

In the last episode, the way Doreah and Dany looked at each other makes me sure they're gonna get it on soon.
    I can understand why they wouldn't include it in the series - boobs out everywhere would be a distraction and probably would be received rather poorly, but remains amusing none the less.

Heh, I'm guessing that scene Doreah and Dany had last season made a few writers awfully hot under the collar. Although it's hardly the first time Roxanne McKee has done that sort of thing...