Page 48 of 109 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748495051525354555657587398 ... LastLast

Thread: [Spoilers] Game Of Thrones - Clash Of Kings ( SERIES )

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

The shadow that Melisandre gave birth to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: [Spoilers] Game Of Thrones - Clash Of Kings ( SERIES )

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    So the battle at blackwater will be the first battle. Excluding the upcoming riot in Kingslanding where Sansa is saved by the Hound and they fall in love.
    Mate, you have a spoiler there.

I think the actor that plays Joffrey is a minor, he sure looks young. So it be quite illegal for him to have sex or even "play".
    While Sansa is a minor, they did good job at disrobing scene. I did mean "pray", like Renly "praying" at his tent "alone".
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.

Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

I dont have time now to look up the actors but are any of them actually minors, besides Arya of course. Is Sansa and Joffrey minors or at least 18. Honestly, Joffrey is messed up...

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Joffrey knew that the whores was a trick from Tyrion, Joffrey hates Tyrion and therefore he did as he did. A normal person would perhaps have done something else but it still was a better move than screwing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Joffrey knew that the whores was a trick from Tyrion, Joffrey hates Tyrion and therefore he did as he did. A normal person would perhaps have done something else but it still was a better move than screwing them.
    How the hell was it a better move than screwing them? Furthermore it wasn't a damned trick, it was just Tyrion wanting Joffrey to release some steam.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    The shadow that Melisandre gave birth to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your iPhone created that shadow!

I dont have time now to look up the actors but are any of them actually minors, besides Arya of course. Is Sansa and Joffrey minors or at least 18. Honestly, Joffrey is messed up...
    Sophie Turner (Sansa) is (now) 16, obviously younger during filming; Jack Gleeson (Joffrey) is 19, quite surprisingly; and Isaac Hempstead-Wright (Bran) is 12, although he's fairly obvious a minor.

The actress playing Sansa is only 1 year older than the one playing Arya.

mattgoby's Avatar Campidoctor

Mate, you have a spoiler there.
    Not really considering that didn't happen.
    "some people say the iraq war is unnessasary, however i disagree its good practise in case one comes along that we need to fight, just in case the germans have another go"-AL MURRAY

"us british our world war champions of the world"-AL MURRAY

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

The mountain is massively critical to the story though? He is a focal point for Sandor Clegane. And later onproper spoiler here, don't read if you haven't read all the books
    Yes I know and the spoiler as well, the thing is though having been introduced in season one he is not particularity needed on screen this season.
    Last edited by conon394; April 24, 2012 at 03:11 PM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by mattgoby View Post
    Not really considering that didn't happen.
    last part, you mean.
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.

Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf

Yeah I didnt realize the was a spoil when I wrote that.

florin87's Avatar Campidoctor

sophie turner (sansa) is 16, jack gleeson's (joffrey) age is unknown but under 18.

Basarabia is Romanian!

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Something I was wondering again about the Iron men, are they first men or Andals or more of a mix or something? Or is Theon's always differentiating himself against southerners him thinking of himself as a northerner somewhat? Also, who do they pirate against? I'd think it'd be fairly obvious to anyone else in the kingdoms who is pirating and raiding if that's who they attack and otherwise, would they go all the way to the narrow sea or do they just fight other islands of the Iron Isles?
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyaoth View Post
    Something I was wondering again about the Iron men, are they first men or Andals or more of a mix or something? Or is Theon's always differentiating himself against southerners him thinking of himself as a northerner somewhat? Also, who do they pirate against? I'd think it'd be fairly obvious to anyone else in the kingdoms who is pirating and raiding if that's who they attack and otherwise, would they go all the way to the narrow sea or do they just fight other islands of the Iron Isles?
    I doubt the Andals conquered the Iron Islands so I would guess that they're first men, they also consider themselves separated from the rest of westeros becuase of their rather unique culture. As for raiding I think they do most of it against the stepstones and probably some of the narrow sea as well, it must be one hell of a journey though but it doesn't appear to be anything to the sea that must be the only way.

The Andals did conquer the Islands, but intermingled with the locals (First Men) so today the Ironborn are a mix.In peace time they occasionaly raid and go even on long sea voyages, but in Westeros they usually trade.

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ... where Sansa is saved by the Hound and they fall in love.
    Saved yes, but the latter? He may be, she surely isn't.

I saw the 4th episode on monday and didn't find the time until now to comment on it.

First of all, I liked the beginning with the 'battle' and it's aftermath, and the consequences of that battle in the throne room in King's Landing. It's the first time that Robb and Sansa seem to be connected like brother and sister, even though hundred of leagues apart. I liked this opening of the episode very much.

The scene following the throne room scene was a total turn-down. I know this is HBO and I'm really not a puritan. The scene with Joffrey and the whores was annoying for several reasons, the two major ones being:

1. It was redundant in that it brought nothing new to the plot or the characters - the preceeding scene where Joffrey threatened to shoot Sansa with a crossbow and then had her beaten and stripped by that ser Merryn served to establish that Joffrey is cruel insecure young man who has a problem with women pretty well, and even managed to place that display into the context of the story and characters involved.

2. Which brings me to the conclusion that this scene was merely in there to shoe-horn some more nudity and violence into the show - at the expense of important scenes. The time that redundant scene cost would've been better spent on important scenes.

Another thing I really liked was the confrontation between Catelyn and Littlefinger - especially when Littlefinger realized that the bones of dead Eddard Stark still meant more to Catelyn than he himself did, and he's alive. That was well-played by both actors.

The rest was okay.

A good episode in all.
    I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

LF doesnt mean anything to Cat anymore because LF betrayed Stark, her husband. She will never forgive him.

I thought the Littlefinger part was unneeded. When so close to later things, it is just misleading and the way it is used instead of her just hearing Tyrion's promise from court is pretty thin.

|Of, the esteemed House: DE BODEMLOZE|

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

I wouldn't say unneeded. You have to make clear to audiences that Cat and LF have a past, as it becomes more and more important in the future.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Wasn't there past well explained already with the story of how Littlefinger was almost killed by who was it, Brandon Stark?

Unless of course more came out in later books. aGoT Cat made it out like he was just the cute little brother pretty much to her and Lysa that they never saw in that way.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian