Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [REL] Alternative Clan Colours Mod for TROM3 v2.0 *UPDATED 22 JAN 2012*

Default [REL] Alternative Clan Colours Mod for TROM3 v2.0 *UPDATED 22 JAN 2012*

v2.0 based on ACC v.59g by DEMOKRITOS

CONTENT

Alternative colours and banners for many S2 clans by Demokritos addapted to TROM3. Works only with TROM3. You can find a full explanation of the mod with many more pics here (and don't forget to give Demokritos some rep while you are there )

Best used together with the Less Gloss Mod by Ftmch (removes the shininess of the armor).

INSTALLATION

Unzip and drop the pack into your ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\total war shogun 2\data directory. The pack is a movie file and does not need to be enabled. To deinstall just remove/delete the pack file.

CREDITS

Demokritos - Designer and coder
    Yarkis - TROM3 adaptation

Additional Credits (by Demokritos)

Creative Assembly - of course for the making of this wonderful game and leaving some possibilities to mod it to even greater heights!
    Lord Maximus - for his work producing the Pack File Manager without which this mod would not have been possible.
    Agostinos, sajaxom, and Zane - for their tutorials or information about how to hex edit the colours of the units which greatly facilitated my making of this mod.
    erasmus777 - for reminding me how to pack a file.
    D. Danborg a.k.a. TomteOfDoom - for the creation of my greatest source of inspiration for this mod.
    matmohair1 - for providing me with a wealth of great concept material for this mod as shown on pages 10 and 11. In several cases, it has altered the course which this mod has taken and if you like the result, you should rep him, too.
    The Hedge Knight - for his mod enabling all factions to be played in custom battles, without which modding minor clans would have been too much trouble to consider.
    Ftmch - for his Less Glossy Units Mod 3.0 with which all pics of the recoloured units shown here have been taken (so if you think they look nice, like I do, this is partly his "fault").
    Kurisu Paifuaa - for the crucial tip that enabled me to start modding the banners properly.
    evalerio - for most of the source material regarding banners (under the signature of "Emmanuel") in this thread, originally found here.
    nmisslbrty - for the suggestion to use thumbnail images instead and thereby speed up the loading of these pic-packed pages.

Date No-dachi Household Samurai

Mori Warriors

Uesugi Teppo Ashigaru
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; January 22, 2012 at 08:02 AM.

[G-Shock]'s Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: [REL] Alternative Clan Colours Mod for TROM3

Somehow I am reluctant to installl graphic mods.
    First of all, I am on ALL LOW details and medium sized units and fleets. Secondly, many times I've had the sprites on the campaign map turn white.
    IIRC it was a problem with the clan retexture mod (but am not 100% sure).

Will wait for feedback but congrats, the troops look great!

This is not a retexture, just are recolouring. It should not have any impact on graphics performance.

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Thank you very, very much for making a version completely compatible with TROM 3, Yarkis! You've outdone yourself.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Quote Originally Posted by McCarronXLD View Post
    Thank you very, very much for making a version completely compatible with TROM 3, Yarkis! You've outdone yourself.
    Thank Demokritos. My contribution was little.

@Gshock

you will receive no performance impact. All the mod does is alter the colors chosen for the factions armors/banners, no textures etc.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Gee, Yarkis, I think I must hire you to present my mod in the official thread for it: my pics (handled and cropped by your artistic eye) look better here than there!

Nice to see someone taking my work seriously. Thank you.

@Feldspar - thanks for giving a report on the performance score.

Now I need to return to my little break from TWC. But I will try to release the stand alone version of ACC 45e in the official thread by the end of this month or beginning of next month. A month or so after that, I may be ready to start working on the complete version of ACC.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

does this include the colors for the dlc-units?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysantheme View Post
    does this include the colors for the dlc-units?
    Most DLC units use the faction colours of ACC. Only the fire cavalry has a distinct red colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis de Bodemloze View Post
    Most DLC units use the faction colours of ACC. Only the fire cavalry has a distinct red colour.
    then i need this. ^^

There's an upgraded ACC version of 50f out now, including, among other things, the Takeda Fire Cavalry. I've changed my plans a little and now hope to release the complete version within a month or two. Then I would feel more free to take a break from the modding.
    Last edited by Demokritos; August 23, 2011 at 04:15 PM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Default Re: [REL] Alternative Clan Colours Mod for TROM3 v2.0 *UPDATED 22 JAN 2012*

New version 2.0 released based on Demokritos final version! Many thanks to him!

Default Re: [REL] Alternative Clan Colours Mod for TROM3 v2.0 *UPDATED 22 JAN 2012*

Yes, compared to the 45e edition which the first TROM adapation was based on, the new 59g contains fourteen new minor clans, a remake of over half of the old factions, including a complete overhaul of the Uesugi, and then the sum of new uniforms for special units increased to over one hundred and twenty. The latter with limited function in the various areas of the game, though. More info about that in my thread.

The large expansion is the reason it took so long time to complete.

I should perhaps point out that in the new 2.0 version of ACC integrated into TROM 3, none of the images in the OP here are quite up to date. You'll have to visit my thread to see the changes.

I think TROM and ACC is a very good combination.

Hi guys.

Im just wondering, you say this is based on Demokritos 59g. So how is this one, the trom one above, different from his 59g ?

thanks in advance.

edit - I also wonder, what abt Demokritos banner mod? can we used that one?
    Last edited by squirel; January 25, 2012 at 01:56 AM.

It adds the proper clan colours to the TROM AOR units. The new banners are already included.

Playing as the Imagawa - part of the banner isn't the same yellow color? (See attached).

Please let me know the best way to edit the .pack file - I haven't had any luck thus far. Thanks!

Oops, image actually attached.

Quote Originally Posted by skreeblios View Post
    Playing as the Imagawa - part of the banner isn't the same yellow color? (See attached).

Please let me know the best way to edit the .pack file - I haven't had any luck thus far. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by skreeblios View Post
    Oops, image actually attached.
    The Imagawa have gotten new banners for standard bearers and "sashimonos" on the soldiers (the small ones on their backs) only. I have not bothered to edit the big floating flags on the battlefield or the banners on the campaign map. In the first case, I've disabled the show of those flagpoles myself, as they are all destructive to my sense of realism. In the second case, I've run out of energy to get into the new challenge of fixing them. So I've left it up to anyone who think it's worth the trouble of fixing those things to actually do it.

Skreeblios, do you feel the calling?

Woah you can disable those flag poles!? I must have missed that. How does one do that?

I see. It's in the game options - this would certainly have made things look nicer. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast